Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
An extraordinary crash for Paul leaves an extraordinary jackpot for WILL - it's £600,000! It's his first go at this series, and the Banker will remember "fondly" what Daniel did in his recent debut when he set the all-time win record... OMEN?

Six different ways to play this game, and I need a number 1-6 to decide which...

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

Well I’m gonna give it my best shot - despite not having any idea what goes on in your series (or anyone’s if I’m honest!). :lol:

Let’s pick number 4.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:28 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

Well the good news for you is you'll get an explanation before we start. :)

In this case, it's an explanation of...

CAR CHASE

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

Ok - I’m not sure if I can chase a car mind. :p

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

You'll start this game with this board...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£90,000
£150,000

£600,000

The CAR starts as a toy car, £7.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners... but if you can make good predictions, you can turn it into a real car, potentially even an Audi e-tron worth over £82,000! And if you don't win it from the box, any cash you win can go on THIS Box 23...

DOUBLE
ADD CAR

HALF
NOTHING

Needless to say, you have a bit of an incentive on the predictions here. You have three to use at your choice of points throughout the game; get within 20% to improve the car at all, but more accurate predictions will have a bigger effect than that.

Your box is Box 14. You have five to open in round 1 and three in each other round, standard offer pattern with no mid-round surprise offers guaranteed. GAME ON!

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

Ok I think I get it, let’s do this! I’ll start the game with 10, 18, 21, 4 and 12 please.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

And away we go. We want to see blues, of course, but if we see reds we want it to be CAR.

Box 10 - 10p! No explanation needed for how good that one is. ;)

Box 18 - £150,000! Or how good that wasn't. :(

Box 21 - CAR. One of those away.

Box 4 - £35,000! Ooof... blue, please?

Box 12 - 50p! And what a blue it was!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

Definitely a round of contrasts to start, the Banker might feel he won it but he can't be happy to see only one blue left that doesn't begin with a pound sign!

1p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000
£90,000

£600,000

Here's a note from the rules that will matter here:
Quote:
For the purpose of the Banker's offer calculations, the CAR box is valued based on the assumption that the player will make exactly one step up the Car Chase ladder with each unused prediction. (Therefore, for the first offer and any offer prior to the first prediction being used, the CAR is valued at £6,690.)

Are you predicting?

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:43 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

I think I’ll save predicting for the time being, I don’t want to waste them early. :p Would have liked a better opening round though.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

This one was good enough to get you this offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,500

Is that offer good enough to get you out? Only you can decide... Deal or No Deal?

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:48 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

I would have predicted around £7000 so I think I made the right choice not to predict! It’s a No Deal at this early stage and I’ll pick 1, 15 and 19 next.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

Never easy to predict when you've not got your eye in, so to speak! (It's 15 July 2019, cricket references are compulsory. :P )

Box 1 - CAR...

Box 15 - £250! Another of those?

Box 19 - CAR. Oh, another of those instead, you can do worse than that!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

You can definitely do better and worse than that round.

1p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000
£90,000

£600,000

The Banker says the jackpot is having such an effect on this game he has to keep going up significantly while it's there, but are you predicting?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

I'd predict £14,850 here.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:53 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

Ooh two more CARs, I don’t know how to take that! I’ll hold off predicting again because I need to get a feel for how this Banker places his offers.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

Ben would have gone just shy of £15,000 to cover £16,500 at the top end...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,000

...and it wouldn't have been the greatest prediction from him, a near-15% miss that would've been worth just the one step up the ladder. But you, of course, are still where we started on that front! Deal or No Deal?

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]
Forum Games Moderator

Funnily enough that’s what I would have predicted spot on! I should have gone for it. No Deal though. :) 3, 5 and 9 next.

No regrets.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

Well, that would have been some moment if you had! :shock:

Box 3 - £5! Great start.

Box 5 - £750! This would be quite the time for an all-blue round...

Box 9 - £90,000! That... is not an all-blue round. Dangerous game now, but that's true for him as well as you...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

I'd predict £15,300 here.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #70 [Will]

This will be an interesting one...

1p
£1
£10
£50
£100
£500

CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000

£600,000

How much do you trust the Banker's earlier comments that he'll keep going up significantly with the jackpot in play here? Remember, three predictions to use across what are now four offers, and you can keep predicting post-Deal as well.

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]