Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:53 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

woko88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:51 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Warnings: 0
Like so many cricketers before me, I have to chase that glory, even if it takes till the last moment.

No deal’

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

I've seen 32 DOND's recorded live.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]
International Forums Moderator

On we go. Will you get out?

Box 2 - £9,001 won't do it...

Box 8 - £18,000.10 won't either, as cool as it was to see on the board...

Box 20 - £500! WOAH, this board!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

No trickery needed on this board, no random weird drops. Only £3,500 of pot droppings are left on this board, and it doesn't matter a jot... just look at this!

1p
£755
£50
£250

£3,000
£10,750
£35,000
£50,000
£89,250
£148,750

£595,000

What in the world will the Banker have to offer on this 11-box?

BANKER'S OFFER

£35,241

A Power 5 offer with a little cricket reference! Is this taxi time? You don't see offers this big this early very often, but of course the board tells you everything about why you've got one here... Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

woko88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:02 am    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Wow.

My threshold for considering leaving with the 5 at 11 box would be £30,000. That’s with the regular five though. Is there enough of a potential upside to carry on?

Honestly, I don’t know, but there’s a chance of a decent get-out clause if not.

No deal.

4,9 and 10

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

With that ceiling, there most certainly is some immense upside. We can see it in that jackpot, and the Banker clearly has to defend against that. But what might make the Banker more worried is exactly what you hinted at - the fact that you really aren't risking everything yet, not on this board.

Box 4 - £50,000 is as big as you've hit... it's not good, but how bad is it?

Box 9 - 1p! NOT AS BAD AS THAT ONE WAS GOOD!! If this is also blue - heck, if this is £35k downwards it's one immense position...

Box 10 -
£35,000 it is! TOP THREE AT 8-BOX!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

To think you can hit two Power 5 amounts in a round and have it arguably be a good round!

£755
£50
£250

£3,000
£10,750
£89,250
£148,750

£595,000

The Banker wants to emphasise the increased danger of playing on, and he's pretty sure you're walking with this...

BANKER'S OFFER

£48,000

Even higher than your peak offer from Game 50! Of course, you lost the jackpot in a hurry in that game, and it was lower than this to begin with, whereas here you've got it at 8-box with the top two enhanced backups... but everything of big value in this board can go in a round now. Which makes this quite the question now... Deal or No Deal?

woko88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:11 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

I can’t rationalise it, so I’ll just do it.

No deal

6,12 and 14.

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

OH BOY. We've got a moment here. Doing it, without feeling able to rationalise it. Regret potential? You'd better believe it. Reward potential? Well, you can see that board, that's obviously there as well... here we go...

Box 6 -
£148,750! It's big... but it's not the jackpot.

Box 12 -
£3,000! Well and truly back in business now, the Banker will be horrified to see a blue with THIS box...

Box 14 -
£755!! I don't know how you made that decision, but it sure looks like you've validated it!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

What a scenario. What a horrible feeling for the Banker to once again be here at 5-box legitimately fearing the jackpot win.

£50
£250

£10,750
£89,250

£595,000

How is the Banker going to get you out here?

BANKER'S OFFER

£60,000

THAT is what he thinks will do it. Any way you slice it, that is one big sum of money. Except, perhaps, in the context of a jackpot of almost ten times that... but with two blues out there, and only one big backup, this would be some risk to take for someone who didn't even feel secure in the last one!

But we're here... at £60,000... Deal or No Deal?

woko88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:57 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Oh.

Well.

The benefit of this offer is that it no longer the good, bad and ugly potential at 2 box

There’s the good (anything with the jackpot)
The bad (both big ones gone)
The other (anything with £89k that’s isn’t the jackpot)

The question is what happens if it is the other? £35k-£40k if it’s a blue, towards £45k if it’s £10k??? That’s the deciding factor in this decision. The extremes are what they are. Is the middle worth it?

In this case? Yes.

No deal.

Leave 22 to the end.

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

What a moment this is... we've been here far more times than the Banker would like lately, and here we are again, in live play in round 6 with the jackpot box.

Is THIS the moment we see the confetti? At this rate, does the Banker WANT that to happen so he gets that reset?!?

Here we go.

Box 16 -
£10,000! Safe box! But if you do get the middle, the 30% chance that you felt was a small enough fall to make this an acceptable risk, it will now be with a blue...

Box 18 -
£595,000!! And it's gone.

Box 21 -
£89,250!! The 10% chance. The crash of all crashes. £50 or £250 in your box.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

The Banker says that No Deal might have saved him even more than £60,000 because of the impact it is destined to have down the line...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£999 AND NO 23

That is what you have been reduced to. Deal or No Deal?

woko88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:10 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Well_there_we_are.gif

No deal. No swap.

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Box 7 has £50, Box 22 has £250, you're taking the former to this 23...

DOUBLE (£100)
+£5,000 (£5,050)
+£2,500 (£2,550)

MONEY BACK (£50)
HALF (£25)
NOTHING

You will need to confirm your decision... to buy Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

woko88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:19 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

I tried.

I’ll take it, 6 please.

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Obvious 23 Deal is obvious... even the £5,000 is no real consolation, but it would be something, right?

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

MONEY BACK (£50)
NOTHING
DOUBLE (£100)
+£2,500 (£2,550)
+£5,000 (£5,050)
HALF (£25)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2019-07-15 20:18:43 UTC

PAUL'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £25

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #69 [Paul]

Crap.

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]