Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
You'd just about have snuck into range for an extra option there, but it's hard to argue with an addition that can work in all situations!

Box 1 - £750! It's an 8-2 split, my word...

Box 8 - £3,000 is disposable as you like! If this is anything other than the £575,000 jackpot, there will be palpitations in the phone booth...

Box 11 -
£5,000! WHAT A GAME THIS IS!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

About all the Banker has to cling to is the knowledge that one box will reduce your top prize by over 90%.

Not that even that board would be cause for too much complaint.

£100
£250

£1,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000

£575,000

The Banker is pretty sure he does not want you to chase this, but he really wants you to be aware that it's more dangerous than it might look! One prediction left, is it being used or saved?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:20 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

If the offer is the same generosity against the average, this offer is about £35,300. How much higher has he dared risk for this one?

Last prediction, let's do it.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£41,250

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

How much higher?

BANKER'S OFFER

£36,000

Not enough higher! That locks in this money menu...

BONUS
NO-LOSE REDO

MONEY BACK
HALF
NOTHING

...and opens the door for conditional offers!

BANKER'S OFFER

£52,000 ON 23 + 100 PACKS OF ABERNETHY BISCUITS

You can risk it, and get biscuits. £70 worth of them, courtesy of Waitrose & Partners. Or you can take £36,000. Or you can play on. Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:27 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

That's slightly underwhelming to get just £10k after such a solid round. That seems like a flimsy basis to play on, but then again, keeping that jackpot (a 5 in 8 ) should guarantee at least a fairly decent uplift I feel - NO DEAL.

13, 14 and 22 please.

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Well, if the Banker was trying to weaken your 23, it worked.

But he's playing with fire here. He had to know he would not get you out of the chair with £36,000, and so he didn't.

If these three boxes do not contain £575,000, you've invalidated his gamble. If one of them does, you've almost certainly invalidated yours.

Box 13 -
£1,000! Way to start the round!

Box 14 -
£100!! Now your worst-case scenario at 2-box has ten grand to play for... imagine if that was your 5-box floor after the perfect round?!?

Box 22 -
£50,000 IS NOT THE ONE HE NEEDED! The jackpot is still there!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

The Series 3.2 games have had some extraordinary moments, and this is right up with any of them.

£250
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000

£575,000

Last offer got a conditional £52,000 involved.

This one does too.

BANKER'S OFFER

£52,000 ON NO-DOWNSIDE 23 + DACIA LOGAN

That car is worth £8,495, and would be paired with AT LEAST £52,000 in cash, with another £26,000 possible!

Alternatively, you can take flat cash...

BANKER'S OFFER

£63,000

Of course, you can also play on, with that jackpot out there and only one blue, but no backups above the offer... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:44 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

I'm less inclined to take the no-downside offer, if only because I'm not overly keen on the Logan personally :P

As for the £63k, I like it for being 63 of course :P I'm looking at the reds behind it which are really nice to fall back on if I lose the jackpot, which the odds are I will. I feel like it's adequate cushioning to give this a serious go - NO DEAL!

Boxes 20, 7 and 10 please...

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Good lord... What a weekend for forum games!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

DON'T START THE CAR! ;)

Don't go anywhere. This game is heading to 2-box and the jackpot is still in the mix. If it makes it to 2-box, we will likely be looking at a historic offer in this series... here we go!

Box 20 -
£20,000! ONE DOWN!

Box 7 -
£250! TWO DOWN AND BLUE DOWN! Worst-case scenario has two five-figure boxes at the climax...

Box 10 -
£10,000!! THE! PERFECT! ROUND! £35,000 is now the BACKUP in the showdown with the £575,000 jackpot!!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:48 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

OH MY GOD IS THIS IT!?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:51 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

GET CALLING GET TWEETING GET TEXTING!!

#TheTickerTapeIsComingDown

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Aaron Brock wrote:
GET CALLING GET TWEETING GET TEXTING!!

#TheTickerTapeIsComingDown

WE ARE 153.69% LIVE

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Two offers once again.

Either of them will give you the record win on this series.

BANKER'S OFFER

£163,000 ON NO-DOWNSIDE 23 + AUDI TTS COUPE

That car is worth £44,610... or you can take this.

BANKER'S OFFER

£216,300

THAT is the situation you now have. Turn those offers down and it's £35,000 or the jackpot. You can take either, you can take neither, and it's down to you... Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:56 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

You HAVE to take that first offer, surely!?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

That car looks delightful in blue. Enough that I'm probably not thinking about the standalone cash offer...

But I'm sooooo close, and with a £35k worst-case scenario too. I'm trying to put this in a standard £250k scenario to consider what I'd do. Would I take £99k on £15k/£250k? To that, I'm pretty certain I would, and when you increase those stakes by over a factor of two, I'm gonna say DEAL to the £163,000 + No-Downside Box 23 + Audi TTS Coupe :D :D

I would not have swapped here.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Congratulations, it's a...

*BANKER RINGS*

...the blue paint option is an extra £575 but he'll let you have it for free just in case you say No Deal otherwise :smt046

IT'S A RECORD WIN! £163,000 with a shot of even more, and that car which is now worth £45,185... but what it isn't is a jackpot win.

COULD it have been a jackpot win?!?

Box 21...

had £35,000! NO IT COULD NOT! £575,000 was in Box 15 and we go to the freeroll 23!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

One of these options bumps your total winnings up even further. Three of them don't. And one of them is the Teletubbies option, making us go "Again! Again!"

BONUS (£244,500)
NO-LOSE REDO

MONEY BACK (£163,000)
MONEY BACK (£163,000)
MONEY BACK (£163,000)

1-5, for another £81,500...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Hahaha what a get-out! That most certainly wasn't a solid deal either :shock:

Option 5 please, and if it requires a redo, take Option 1 on the redo please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

MONEY BACK (£163,000)
MONEY BACK (£163,000)
NO-LOSE REDO
MONEY BACK (£163,000)
BONUS (£244,500)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2019-07-07 21:11:22 UTC

AARON'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £244,500 + AUDI TTS COUPE

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]