Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
After ten games with ten different players, AARON returns and is ready to battle for £575,000! That's in one of the 22 boxes, but the other 21 will depend on a lot of things. Mostly, which of these he picks.

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:27 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Option 5, please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

5 alive for...

23 BUILD

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Starting board? Normal-ish.

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£86,250
£143,750

£575,000

Not so normal is the money menu, which starts off like this...

MONEY BACK
HALF
NOTHING

Fortunately, you get three prediction chances to improve that. Every time you get within 10% of the offer, you'll get a new positive option. Get within 5%, and you'll get two to choose from, and a 1% band offers you three choices.

In your hands to start? Box 21. Five others in round one before the fun can really begin. GAME ON!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:33 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Always an interesting one this!

2, 3, 4, 9 and 18 to begin please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Off we go!

Box 2 - 10p! Now that's how you start.

Box 3 - £500 follows it up in nice symmetrical style!

Box 4 - £5! Three out of three...

Box 9 - 50p! Four out of four... ABR?!?

Box 18 -
£10! ABR, AND HOW!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Almost certainly the best opening round in the history of this series.

1p
£1
£50
£100
£250
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£86,250
£143,750

£575,000

It won't produce the highest opening offer of the series, because Double/Trouble existed once. ;) But are you prepared to predict quite how high he's gone?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:41 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Yeah I'll take this one!

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£14,850

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Putting £13,500 as your 10% boundary...

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,500

...and doing a LOT better than that! It's inside 5%, at 4.19% to be exact, and you've got a choice for your first positive option already...

...it's between +£5,000 and the NO-LOSE REDO. Make your pick!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:46 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Just in case the following two predictions don't go quite this well, I'll take the NO-LOSE REDO please.

It's a decent opening offer but NO DEAL for now thanks. 6, 17 and 19 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Of course, if they DO go well, you'll have a better chance of reaping the rewards from them!

Box 6 - £1! MAGIC. This is MAGIC!

Box 17 - £50! I do not believe this... SEVEN in a row to start...

Box 19 -
£15,000 isn't even much of an anticlimax here! WOW.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

This is the kind of board you assume doesn't happen. Look at it. It turns out it is happening.

1p
£100
£250
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£86,250
£143,750

£575,000

The Banker... isn't happy. "MAGIC! I thought that creepy song from a few years ago was the most I could possibly hate MAGIC!"

You have two predictions left. Are you using one here?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:53 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

This is approaching Governor territory and the Banker gets a bit funky when teetering around that number, so I'll pass this one.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

BANKER'S OFFER

£23,000

Would've missed on a straight £26k bid, as it happens! Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:57 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Annoyingly may have dipped below also in anticipation of that! I can't deal yet with THAT board in front of me - NO DEAL.

5, 12 and 16 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:00 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Of course, it's "may" rather than "would" and you still have those two predictions to use for sure! But surely this board will take damage before then... surely?!?

Box 5 - £86,250! Indeed. But that alone is not enough for the Banker to feel remotely comfortable...

Box 12 - 1p!! ALREADY your minimum is £100! Absurd.

Box 16 - £143,750! And the two bumped-up backups have both gone... but is the Banker even going to be relieved?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

I don't know if this is the weirdest board we've ever seen, but I think it's in the top one.

£100
£250
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000

£575,000

"Schrödinger's one-box game," says the Banker! Are you predicting?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:04 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

Yes I will...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£24,150

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

The Banker says he could have gone much lower than this with those losses...

BANKER'S OFFER

£26,000

BUT HE DID NOT!! He went the other way and you are 7.12% out for another add-on! This one doesn't have a choice aspect involved but it's more likely to come into effect thanks to your first pick... and it's the BONUS, so either ADD HALF on a five-figure win or +£5,000 on anything less!

Offer is still the Governor. Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:08 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #65 [Aaron]

He certainly could've - glad that call paid off, though was going to go £24,750 but talked myself out of it!

A strong offer, but I'm happy to play one more round given the circumstances - NO DEAL!

1, 8 and 11 please.

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]