Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:31 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
After two consecutive games with disastrous starts and fantastic comebacks, AARON is going to be taking on the Banker this time for what is now a £535,000 jackpot!

His rules of engagement will be a random draw as always...

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:16 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

5 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

That'll give you...

PRIZE BOXES

Making its debut in 3.2!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

This should be fun. The prizes have been revalued, as you can see in the rules sheet...

1p
10p
50p
£1
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
MAXI PRIZE
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£80,250
£133,750

£535,000

...while the Box 23 setup remains as ever.

DOUBLE
ADD MAXI
ADD MIDI
ADD MINI

NOTHING

You have Box 20. Five to open to start as always. GAME ON!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:25 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Righto, here we go!

7, 17, 10, 14 and 4 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Box 7 - £80,250! Ominous...

Box 17 - £20,000...

Box 10 - £50! There we go.

Box 14 - 1p! That's that one out of the way...

Box 4 - MINI PRIZE! Brilliant finish to the round!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Well that was a good opening round in the end.

10p
50p
£1
£10
£100
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
MAXI PRIZE
£35,000
£50,000
£133,750

£535,000

First offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,025 + £802.50 ON 23

...is straight in with the weirdness and playing off that lost £80,250! Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:47 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Not a bad start and not a bad offer to go with it, but it's a NO DEAL for the time being.

3, 13 and 8 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

And we go on with...

Box 3 - MAXI PRIZE. Setting up OK for now...

Box 13 - £35,000! Gotta go down...

Box 8 - £50,000! Yikes, two-box game... but a LOT of money in those two!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

The exact opposite of some recent games, and harking back to some of the 3.1 games with the high-stakes high-volatility setup!

10p
50p
£1
£10
£100
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£133,750

£535,000

"If ever there was a time to get a 14-box Deal," the Banker says, "this is that time."

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,375

10% of your second-highest amount. And over a third above your third-highest amount. Is it already taxi time? Or does that jackpot - or maybe the Box 23 redemption shot if all goes wrong? - keep the chase alive? Already we might be at the business end... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:33 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

That's quite the gap! But there's plenty of room for improvement. Good offer, but happy to NO DEAL, it's not quite good enough for a 14-box deal from me!

18, 22 and 6 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Keep those two, and the offers will keep moving up that gap!

Spoiler-box time already? Yes, it is.

Box 18 -
£133,750! Y I K E S

Box 22 -
£100, one down...

Box 6 -
£10,000 just in case you didn't get the memo about how stable this isn't

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Well, erm, this is a board.

10p
50p
£1
£10
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000

£535,000

The Banker says he has an enormous range of offers he could make here. He'll give you two to choose from.

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,761.60 ON NO-LOSE 23 + MIDI PRIZE

The sum of all the non-jackpot cash boxes, plus the non-cash box. If you hit the ADD MIDI on that 23, you'd pick two midi prizes at the end.

Alternatively...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,375

...you can just take a stick and think about your Box 23 call after that. Two offers, one massive decision time... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:46 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

That's certainly a great pairing of offers because I can't decide which one I'd rather take. Given the scenario, I think my preferred alternative is to choose neither and hope for the best - NO DEAL.

5, 15 and 9 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

A legitimate three-way decision there.

You took the risky way. One box away from blowing it, three boxes away from what at this rate could easily be life-changing money.

Box 5 -
£5,000, because obviously.

Box 15 -
£10! Just one to survive!

Box 9 -
50p! AND SURVIVE YOU HAVE!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

And here we are at 8-box. Every round gets more terrifying for both sides.

10p
£1
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000

£535,000

Time to stop it? The Banker thinks so.

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,751.10 ON NO-LOSE 23 + MAXI PRIZE

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£22,000

Again, two offers, with one straight cash (with a 23 option) and one a cash/prize/potential extra prize combo. The danger for both you and him is even bigger if you play on, as if it wasn't big enough already... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

Interesting position to be in, and I actually feel like those are generous offers even if they are less than a third of the average. I've got an idea of where we may be in 3 boxes time if I survive again, it's just a question of whether I can pull off the 5/8 chance of survival. I think it may just be - NO DEAL.

12, 2 and 19 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

The Banker rings up.

"You have no idea what you'd get at 5-box if you survive. Because, frankly, nor do I." :roll:

We're in live play in round 5 again, as seems to be standard in this series. This level of tension isn't.

Box 12 -
£3,000! It had to happen, didn't it? Two more to survive.

Box 2 -
£1,000! It's either an all-blue 5-box or one of the biggest scares this Banker has ever had...

Box 19 -
MIDI PRIZE! YOU DID IT!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

What a game we're having here. And it's not over yet.

10p
£1
£250
£500

£535,000

Or is it? Clearly the Banker hopes so now.

He's making two offers. He wonders if you were thinking survival might have meant an offer of £50,000 or maybe slightly over.

If you did, you were kinda right.

BANKER'S OFFER

£53,500 ON COMPULSORY 23

80% chance of a record win against this Banker (and a 20% chance of the first six-figure win this series, at that!)... 20% chance of nothing.

But he knows how much he nearly got burned by Ben recently with the lack of a flat-fee exit. So, once again, you've got an option on one of those as well.

Specifically, a flat fee to match Hunter's recent win.

BANKER'S OFFER

£44,000

You know the drill. Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #57 [Aaron]

I had an idea of where I wanted these offers to be at this point - must admit, my expectations have been exceeded slightly. That Box 23 produces such a dilemma at these stakes because there's so much to lose, but 80% of the time I'm going to set a new record, and of course it is slightly EV+. £44k is a good exit figure at this stage but the offer is clearly not as strong as the conditional offer. I think I want out at this point, but with what?

I'm gonna take a risk and say DEAL to the conditional £53,500 :eyes:

I'd have finished with 20, 21 and 1. If it were to be offered, I'd have swapped for Box 16.

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]