Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:04 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:04 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Welcome to the first edition of the third era of the third series! Yes, it's 3.2 time, because we've made another set of balance adjustments, including replacing Double/Trouble with the all-new CAR CHASE! That change means we know with 100% certainty we're playing for the same jackpot, and after the rounding up for Game 50 and the non-jackpot win there, this game will be played for a huge £505,000... which is enough that all game modes, not just Doctored Board, will now have the second backup escalating as well! Except It's Your Game, where that concept doesn't apply in the same way. ;)

BEN is the player here! We know he's going to make things interesting. :)

The new six-mode set:

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

As ever, 1-6 to take your pick.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Option 5, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Iiiiin 5...

CAR CHASE

FIRST GO!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:05 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Second new format I've tested out today. :-D

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

This is a regular board, apart from the non-P5 reds (and the rolling jackpot, and the cascading backups behind the rolling jackpot).

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£75,750
£126,250

£505,000

The CAR starts as a toy car, £7.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners... but if you can make good predictions, you can turn it into a real car, potentially even an Audi e-tron worth over £82,000! And if you don't win it from the box, any cash you win can go on THIS Box 23...

DOUBLE
ADD CAR

HALF
NOTHING

Needless to say, you have a bit of an incentive on the predictions here. You have three to use at your choice of points throughout the game.

Something else you have is a box on the table. Box 12, as it happens. Five to open in round one as always, and then we'll see if you want a prediction. GAME ON!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

1, 3, 5, 7 and 11 to start, please.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Picking those five was always odds-on. ;)

Box 1 - CAR. That's one away.

Box 3 - £126,250! Yikes, you never want to see that...

Box 5 - £505,000!! My goodness, what a start for the Banker this is. :shock:

Box 7 - 1p! #ItsSomething

Box 11 - £10...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

The Banker points out he actually very nearly literally got some cheesy nibbles today and then decided not to...

10p
50p
£1
£5
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£75,750

The CAR, for the purpose of the prediction, is always valued as if each of your unused predictions would take you exactly one step up the ladder - which, with all predictions unused, takes you to the £6,690 Renault Twizy. With that in mind, are you predicting here?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:18 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

After that appalling start, ABSOLUTELY no prediction.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,141.59

If he'd dropped any hint of that, he reckoned you'd have found predicting easy as pi. ;) Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

With 8 amounts potentially higher than that, I have to say NO DEAL.

13, 15 and 17, please.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Of course, only three definitely are yet! Let's keep them.

Box 13 - £35,000! Oh.

Box 15 - £750 is better...

Box 17 - CAR feels more ominous than it did the first time!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

This is not a good board, it's safe to say.

10p
50p
£1
£5
£50
£100
£250
£500

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000
£75,750

Still hope there of course, but any semblance of stability relies on the predictions going well here. Are you making one here?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Let's hope this offer is as easy as pie to predict now.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£3,650

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Is it?

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,000

Well that sub-10% error margin is tasty enough! It bumps you up two spots, so you're now technically not playing for a car at all, but for a supercar test day from Trackdays worth £895. And the Banker now has to value the cars a bit higher with the two-step move. :)

Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Part of me was thinking I was foolish to predict at this stage, so I'm glad I ignored that part of me. :P

NO DEAL, and let's continue with 21, 22 and 20, please.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Well there was a bit of risk involved but you didn't miss enough for the risk to materialise!

Box 21 - CAR, needs to be the only red this round I fancy...

Box 22 - £1! Is the turnaround on in terms of the game as well as the selection process? ;)

Box 20 - £5! It very well might!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Well, hope rekindled here...

10p
50p
£50
£100
£250
£500

CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000
£75,750

It's safe to say this offer's going up, especially as the CAR boxes are worth a bit more than they were last time. Are you confident enough to use prediction 2 on how far it's going up?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:54 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Sorry for the delay, my phone died.

I want my 8 box offer to be boasted by the CARs being worth more, so I'll go for it.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£8,200

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #51 [Ben]

Worth the wait?

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,500

That... is not going to boost the CARs. The opposite, in fact, as the miss is outside 20% so you don't take the step up with that second prediction. Back to them being implicitly valued at £6,690 again. :(

Deal or No Deal?

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]