Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [Paul] [SPECIAL EDITION]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Game 50 will be a special edition, played under unique rules that incorporate aspects of multiple game modes in the series.

Suffice to say that it is set up to produce a win of over £50,000 after this Banker has gone 48 games without paying out more than that!

The player for this game will be selected at random. Get your name in the mix by commenting on this thread!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Last edited by KP on Thu May 30, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Davao

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

I want to play game 50, so throw my name into the hat

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:08 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

Well why the ruddy hell not!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 11:54 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

Count me in! :D

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 1:33 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]
Forum Games Moderator

Aye, I'll give it a shot KP :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:38 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

Put my name in the hat please!

JDGA

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:59 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

One more name for the hat, please!

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:34 pm    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

Eh, why not? Put me in, coach!

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:09 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

The draw for this game will take place tonight at 9pm UTC / 10pm UK / 5pm ET. Get your name in before then to be in with a shot. The game will then take place at the next available time for both me and that player.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

woko88

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

Me,me please!

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

I've seen 32 DOND's recorded live.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

Slightly later than billed, the draw has taken place...

There were 8 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

woko88
Archstered
American Coupon Boy
JDGA
Aaron Brock
Davao
gamecrazyh
daniel123

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2019-05-30 21:42:30 UTC

PAUL WILL PLAY GAME 50

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:54 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]
Forum Games Moderator

You, me, Aaron, Woko...it's like '06 all over again! Best of luck to you Paul, and well done David too, it's great to have something that gets the forum excited now and then. I'm looking forward to this. :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

PAUL, welcome to Game 50!

Inspired by how the Banker has never paid out more than £50,000 in 48 games - he refuses to count the £93,500 that got coughed up by his deputy! - this game is themed around the number 50 and also around £50,000.

The game uses the foundation of It's Your Game - the blues and the jackpot are provided to start, then you pick five pairs of reds. But while in a regular game each set of pair has a different intended value from £10,000 to £50,000, in this game all five pairs are from the list of £50,000 pairs!

That's not all. Instead of the regular blues, we have a special set of blues. The Banker's Power 5 will now be 50p and four gold-themed grocery products courtesy of Waitrose & Partners. The other six blues will now be £50 and five gold-themed prizes courtesy of John Lewis & Partners. And the jackpot has been rounded up to a colossal £500,000!

50p
WISPA GOLD
GOLD BARS
GOLDEN SYRUP
VANISH GOLD
£50
GOLD MIRROR
GOLD LAMP
GOLD SIDEBOARD
50" TV
GOLD MACBOOK

£500,000

And finally, there's an aspect of 23 Build and of our incoming new game mode for Series 3.2, Car Chase. Your special starting money menu looks like this...

ADD CAR
HALF
HALF

But you will get to make three predictions of the offer. Every time you are within 10%, you will gain an extra +£50,000 option to Box 23! Just hitting that, with anything, will give you our biggest win ever. Of course, you need to win cash rather than a prize to get that Box 23 at all... but what is that car? Well, that too is built around predictions. It starts as a toy car, £7.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners... but if you can make good predictions, you can turn it into a real car, potentially even an Audi e-tron worth over £82,000!

This is going to be an incredible game. Paul is unbatting for now, but... we will see you tomorrow night!

And if this doesn't summon Jacques back nothing will

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [Paul] [SPECIAL EDITION]

Well it's not night yet but it would have been in winter, so here we go!

Paul, your first decision in this game is to pick one of these two pairs of reds:

£35,500 / £68,000
£4,200 / £165,000

One of those pairs adds a massive prize. One of them adds TWO Power 5-territory boxes. You can pick only one...

woko88

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:44 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [Paul] [SPECIAL EDITION]

Super excited and super terrified of this at the same time!

In a wild board, some semblance of stability would help so I’ll take the £35k pair.

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

And of course you can always add some riskier pairs later!

50p
WISPA GOLD
GOLD BARS
GOLDEN SYRUP
VANISH GOLD
£50
GOLD MIRROR
GOLD LAMP
GOLD SIDEBOARD
50" TV
GOLD MACBOOK

£35,500
£68,000

£500,000

Is this your chance to do that?

£1,093 / £187,500
£13,800 / £119,000

...yes, apparently. You're definitely adding one big backup and one little backup, but just how big-little do you want to go here?

woko88

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:48 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [Paul] [SPECIAL EDITION]

Oh well, I had some stability so now I’ll have some fun..

£1,093 pair please.

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [SPECIAL - PLAYER DRAW]

There we go! There's a time to play safe, a time to go for it, and sometimes the time to do one is immediately after you've done the other. ;)

50p
WISPA GOLD
GOLD BARS
GOLDEN SYRUP
VANISH GOLD
£50
GOLD MIRROR
GOLD LAMP
GOLD SIDEBOARD
50" TV
GOLD MACBOOK

£1,093
£35,500
£68,000
£187,500

£500,000

Next set of pairs...

£16,200 / £111,000
£6,250 / £153,000

...are also big-little!

woko88

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm    Author: woko88    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [Paul] [SPECIAL EDITION]

First pair please!

Formerly wokoman88.

Twitter me! @wokoman88

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #50 [Paul] [SPECIAL EDITION]

Two six-figure backups on the board is surely going to worry the Banker, and that choice just gave you a five-figure backup as well!

50p
WISPA GOLD
GOLD BARS
GOLDEN SYRUP
VANISH GOLD
£50
GOLD MIRROR
GOLD LAMP
GOLD SIDEBOARD
50" TV
GOLD MACBOOK

£1,093
£16,200
£35,500
£68,000
£111,000
£187,500

£500,000

Fourth of five red pair choices...

£32,950 / £72,000
£25,500 / £86,000

...will both add a bit of stability, but how much of it do you want?

[ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]