Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:26 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The jackpot stands at a massive £490,000 - nobody's won it, but nobody came closer than the man who gets this game, ARCHIE! As ever, six rule sets to choose from, as we hit the last game before the big 50th - and the 50th will indeed be big! Won't yet reveal how, though...

23 BUILD
DOCTORED BOARD
DOUBLE/TROUBLE
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:47 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

I'll take 5 please!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

Which gives you...

PRIZE BOXES

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

This is the second time you've played that. You might remember the first. It was Game 19 and it was the Banker's luckiest escape ever. What better time than this to undo that?

1p
10p
50p
£1
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
MAXI PRIZE
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£122,500

£490,000

The Box 23 setup...

DOUBLE
ADD MAXI
ADD MIDI
ADD MINI

NOTHING

The prize values are roughly unchanged, but it's been long enough in real time since this came up that there might be slightly different prizes :P You have Box 14 and, of course, it's five to open. GAME ON!

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 9:59 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

Ok! 2, 6, 7, 15 and 21 please!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

And away we go!

Box 2 - MIDI PRIZE! Great start.

Box 6 - MAXI PRIZE isn't such a bad one to lose either...

Box 7 - £20,000 would be a nice ceiling for the round, don't go higher!

Box 15 - £35,000! Oh. Well, at least you have the top four?

Box 21 - £250 is a good finish to what may or may not be a bad round!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

There's a big gap in the reds. But the Banker will hate how much money is on one side of that gap.

1p
10p
50p
£1
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£50,000
£75,000
£122,500

£490,000

He's gone into the gap to start with... sort of.

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,500 ON NO-UPSIDE 23

That would be an 80% chance of £15,500 and a 20% chance of El Zippo. Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:08 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

A fine offer, but NO DEAL!

1, 11 and 18

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

The Banker wondered if you might disrespect that offer, but you didn't! He's noting that reaction!

Box 1 - £10! Always good to get into that territory.

Box 11 - £5,000 doesn't suck either...

Box 18 - £50,000! That does, and what a high-variance game this is turning into already!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

The Banker now has the massive advantage that you can theoretically destroy the game in a single round. He has the massive disadvantage that unless and until you do, there is the danger of an absolutely enormous win.

1p
10p
50p
£1
MINI PRIZE
£50
£100
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£10,000
£75,000
£122,500

£490,000

This is an interesting second bid. He wants to emphasise the power of HIS Power 5...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£1.61

WHY?

BANKER'S OFFER

£1.61 + KIA RIO

OH!! That car is worth £12,495 and the £1.61 would then go on Box 23 with the chance to add another prize! Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:19 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

Ahh! Nice one! But NO DEAL for now.

9, 16 and 22

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

We may already be at the business end of this game, given the high stakes and low stability already...

Box 9 - 1p! Now that's how you start a key round.

Box 16 - MINI PRIZE! Actually even better! This could be an incredible round...

Box 22 -

10p!! THE! PERFECT! ROUND!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

What an unbelievable round. With the prize boxes all gone, a Box 23 option is now guaranteed.

50p
£1
£50
£100
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£10,000
£75,000
£122,500

£490,000

He's snapped over the phone to announce this offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

£26,000

He wants you out right now! This could be the board to get an 11-box Deal done... but the upside is at least as obvious as the danger. Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:28 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

With three huge suns still on the board, I’m going to give this another round. NO DEAL.

4, 12 and 19...

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

Archstered wrote:
With three huge suns still on the board...

The Banker hates that, he finds one hot enough!!

Box 4 - £122,500! That's one of them gone. SCARY board, spoiler boxes activated...

Box 12 -
£1! So the worst possible round isn't happening at least!

Box 19 -
£490,000!! Incredible.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:34 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

Incredible wouldn’t be a word I would use!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

How much of a relief is that for the Banker?!?

50p
£50
£100
£500

£1,000
£3,000
£10,000
£75,000

He's laughing because that 11-box offer was just about as high as he could possibly have gone there, and he could even have gone below £20,000... he says that was your chance, and a real game player would have taken it.

BANKER'S OFFER

£2,600 ON NO-DOWNSIDE 23

Admittedly with a positive twist, that is 90% down on your last offer. Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

He should be very careful who he disrespects. NO DEAL.

3, 5 and 10

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

I think it's safe to say the Banker has angered his opponent, and if that locks us on a No Deal path... someone could end up finding the results very painful.

We don't know who that someone would be.

Box 3 -
£100! Great start to the round.

Box 5 -
50p! Now just two blues remain and the second perfect round of the game is still on...

Box 10 -
£3,000 and hope is still alive here!

KP

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #49 [Archie]

An interesting 5-box here. Two high blues, two low reds, and one life-changing sum that would in fact be the biggest cash win ever forced out of this Banker.

£50
£500

£1,000
£10,000
£75,000

What does he offer here, in this context? Well, if you want to get far far away from the Banker, you can't go much further than this...

BANKER'S OFFER

21-NIGHT NEW ZEALAND TRIP FOR TWO

Courtesy of New Zealand Sky, that epic adventure is valued at £11,378! Of course, it can't go on 23, so if you took this offer, you'd be guaranteed to win this and only this. No risk of losing the lot, no upside either. Deal or No Deal?

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]