Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:37 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
It's the return of AARON to the stage after a bit of a break, before which he managed to chain together four straight wins in the twenties! £460,000 is the jackpot, and these are those six options...

23 BUILD
DOCTORED BOARD
DOUBLE/TROUBLE
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:51 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

5 please!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

Are we going to end that long wait without 23 Build?

23 BUILD

YES WE ARE!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

The board is the same...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£115,000

£460,000

...but Box 23 certainly isn't. It starts off with MONEY BACK, HALF, and NOTHING... but you get the chance to build on that by getting up to three positive options added on! You get three predictions at any point in the game, and every time you get within 10% of the Banker's offer, you get a positive option added in. If you get within 5%, you'll even get a choice of two - or three if you're ever on the nose!

No risk in the predictions, you can't make 23 any worse, and if it all goes wrong then the good news is that Box 23 is always optional unless you take an offer which forces its use. Or lack of use, for that matter.

This will be your first go at this, and I'm sure the Banker is intrigued to see how your predictions hold up! Box 3 is yours, and three boxes are the pattern in most rounds, but this one of course will have five. GAME ON!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

This should be interesting, looking forward to how this plays out!

I'll take 5, 14, 16, 20 and 22 to start please.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

And away we go. Five to open, and it begins with 5 to open...

Box 5 - £5,000, aptly enough!

Box 14 - £15,000, hard to evaluate that one...

Box 16 - 10p! Very easy to evaluate that one!

Box 20 - £75,000! Big hit...

Box 22 - £3,000 and that's a curious opening round!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

1p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£115,000

£460,000

The Banker points to the high-volatility games of late and thinks we're in line for another. He also points out each of those four £20k+ wins got progressively smaller, so he thinks he'll actually finally get a low win against you this time!

Three predictions to use, but is this the time for one?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:10 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

I think given prior practice, it's probably worth coming in with a prediction here, just not certain where to centre it...

Let's go for

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£10,350

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:15 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

He anticipated you expecting £9,001 and hence came in at...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,002

Which of course is within 5%, giving you TWO possible positive options! You choose...

TRIPLE
+£10,000

...and that actually is a really interesting choice right away! Which is it to be?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:18 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

Still some hefty sums of money up there at the moment, so while I can I'll take the TRIPLE please, and I will say NO DEAL to the offer thank you.

6, 10 and 18 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:20 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

With the upside well and truly bolstered on 23, let's continue!

Box 6 - £1,000 and yet another low red goes! This is one strange board, it's just as well this isn't a shift game!

Box 10 - £460,000!! So much for the ceiling. :( :(

Box 18 - £35,000! Already down to four reds!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

1p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£10,000
£20,000
£50,000
£115,000

The Banker has one response: "Good luck tripling a blue!"

Two predictions left. Will you use one now?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:22 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

Aaaaaaabsolutely not. :P

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:23 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

And the offer came in at...

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,000

More than 60% off. Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:25 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

It's like I'm in Sports Direct, minus the excess chavs :P It's a NO DEAL for now.

Time to take things from Asda Smartprice to Swarovski - 4, 11 and 19 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:29 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

Let's get shiny blues!

Box 4 - 1p! Say what you will about the colour balance but you pick your blues out well. ;)

Box 11 - £50,000! Aaaand it gets worse again. Glorious.

Box 19 - £10,000! Two reds left at 11-box for crying out loud...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£20,000
£115,000

The Banker says he's slightly worried, because you're mathematically guaranteed an all-blue round at some point in this game :smt046

He advises you to make a prediction in case you want to deal this! But will you take that advice?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:32 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

I... honestly don't know where he could've gone here. Maybe something similar to my last offer would make sense given the volatility, but he's trying to make me think it's higher. I'm not predicting here.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:33 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

Offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,000

...is the SAME as your last offer!

Two boxes away from the all-blue 8-box. But £115,000 still to play for... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:35 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #43 [Aaron]

It's not a bad escape from a bad game, that's for sure, but can I really sell a box for less than 4% of its value? Something has to give sometime soon. NO DEAL!

7, 8 and 9 please.

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]