Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:31 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Let's hope this increases your board's power level!

Box 13 - £1! That sure does!

Box 15 - £43,000! That... not so much.

Box 17 - £119,000! Yet another game in this series where the backups tumble early but the jackpot remains...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:34 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

You tend to enjoy stability but you fancied high stakes here. You... definitely got more of the latter than the former on this one...

1p
10p
50p
£5
£10
£50
£250
£500
£750

£22
£4,650
£16,061
£94,500

£450,000

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,001 + NO-DOWNSIDE 23

He's stuck... it'd be some twist to deal at the second offer! But everything above that could go in a round... Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:37 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

With the top prize being so big there's no way I could possibly take four figures, so [b][b]NI DEAL[/b][/b].

21, 22 and 20.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:38 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

No Deal :oops:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:44 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

American Coupon Boy wrote:
With the top prize being so big there's no way I could possibly take four figures, so [b][b]NI DEAL[/b][/b].

The Banker thanks you for your dealmaking in Northern Ireland!

Spoiler boxes in round 3 for the second game in a row...

Box 21 -
1p! Now THAT is how you respond on a dangerous board.

Box 22 -
£250! Fantastic again, but will it be the ABR?

Box 20 -
10p! It is and then some!!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:49 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

50p
£5
£10
£50
£500
£750

£22
£4,650
£16,061
£94,500

£450,000

Clearly this won't be a stick...

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,001 + NO-DOWNSIDE 23

Adding another ten grand to the last two offers! Still dangerous, and now more at risk... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:57 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

I thought for sure this would be £16,500 + No Downside Box 23 given my earlier comment.

I got to hand it to the Banker, that is a genuine tester for the board, but with the odds being well in my favor (73%, as if I need to say it in this company :P ) of keeping the land mine another round, I will NO DEAL.

Let's hope my chances of winning big don't go BLAMMO as I open 18, 16 and 12, please.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:01 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

We know what we want to avoid.

Box 18 -
£450,000! And we do not :(

Box 16 -
£50, nice...

Box 12 -
£750 balances out the colours at least!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

50p
£5
£10
£500

£22
£4,650
£16,061
£94,500

Lowest offer of the game so far...

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,001 + NO-UPSIDE 23

All those three reds become MONEY BACK, but your worst-case scenario would be four grand and you'd have a 60% chance of double that, plus the stray quid in each case of course. ;)

Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:07 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

OH DEAR...........should've done a DanJudge and strategically dealt my generous 3rd offer. :(

I'm chasing the money now. NO DEAL and let's hope 10, 8 and 6 are friendly to me.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:08 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

Box 10 - £94,500! And it would have been the 11-box spanking. Ouch.

Box 8 - 50p...

Box 6 - £10, so "three" reds at 5-box!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:09 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

£5
£500

£22
£4,650
£16,061

The Banker says the thing he's most pleased about is the £22 being there!!

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,022

No 23 shenanigans here. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:15 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

Time to make at least one sensible move in this game and cut my losses on a generous 75% of the average on a 3 blue/2 red 5 box.

DEAL.

2, 4 and 9, please.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:20 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

We've got a DEAL done... lowest offer of the game but it might be a fine escape.

Box 2 - £5! Orrrrr we can do that.

Box 4 - £500, no blues left...

Box 9 - £4,650 leaves the bizarre "all-red" £22 / £16,061 finish...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£6,044

Box 14 had £22 so that's a profit at least! Box 19 had the £16,061 palindrome...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

...and this is your Box 23.

+£5,000 (£8,022)
+£3,000 (£6,022)
+£1,000 (£4,022)

-£2,000 (£1,022)
-£4,000 (NOTHING)

Still a risk of losing the lot here, but it isn't a compulsory 23, so... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:27 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

£3k is definitely in the tricky range for this Box 23 set-up, so to avoid abother potential NOTHING win I will NO DEAL Box 23.

Option 5 would've been my choice.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:29 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

+£1,000 (£4,022)
-£4,000 (NOTHING)
+£3,000 (£6,022)
-£2,000 (£1,022)
+£5,000 (£8,022)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2018-08-13 01:24:08 UTC

...ouch.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #41 [Ben]

Counting the hypo-Swap I would've made, this was an Outright Player Loss. :(

I was so close the dealing at 11 box, and I would've definitely risked that on Box 23, too. :( :cry:

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]