Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:15 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:15 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'm wondering if that's the Fair Deal... but NO DEAL to it anyway.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:04 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Nope, it's a few grand below the Fair Deal but it is the median of the offer range your spreadsheet produced. :P

Confirm your next 3 boxes, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

18, 16, and 20.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:17 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Switching things up, I see. ;)

18- £10

16- £34,500

20- £240

And that's both of your sub-1k reds gone, which produces THIS top-heavy board:

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5

£100

£500
£750

£7,200
£13,000

£20,500

£93,500
£196,000

£370,000

** RING **

The Banker says that this has a LOT of potential for being a big money game, but he's thankful that 1) a player that is actually willing to Deal is playing and 2) this format doesn't allow mid-round offers.

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,000

Deal or No Deal?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

It's got plenty of intrigue about it, and there will definitely be some serious decision-making involved.

NO DEAL here, let's go 21 and 22 before circling back to 12.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:31 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

21- £370,000

Unfortunately, you will definitely NOT be the first jackpot winner of your series. :(

22- £100

12- £500

Board:

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5

£750

£7,200
£13,000

£20,500

£93,500
£196,000

** RING **

The Banker likes that you have all of his Power 5 still in play, but he doesn't like the offer formula telling him that he can't make a 4 figure offer here. Therefore, he's ignoring it:

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,999

Before your head explodes, KP, the Banker has something else to add to the offer. :P

BANKER'S OFFER 

+ 20p to risk on Box 23

The Banker doesn't want to be printing out any fractional penny certificates, hence the offer. :P

So, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Magnificent. £13k effectively with the EV, which isn't bad, wouldn't be the worst Deal ever, but isn't quite enough when the blues act like oranges on that 23. NO DEAL.

13, 15, and 19...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Let's see if we can avoid that 50/50 chance of finding one of the biggies in this round.

13- £1

15- £750

Have you done it?

19-
50p :D

Yes you have! :-D

Board:

1p
10p

£5

£7,200
£13,000

£20,500

£93,500
£196,000

** RING **

The Banker needs a minute to think this offer over. :suspect:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Now THAT is the time to pull the ABR out of the bag. Oh boy.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

The Banker was debating whether the obvious offer was too easy of a decision for you, KP, but in the end he has decided to offer both that and an alternative:

BANKER'S OFFER

£19,999 + £1 to put on Box 23

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£1 + £29,999 to put on Box 23

An head-scratching 3 way decision here. Deal or No Deal either of these offers?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

I prefer the £19,999 + £1 to the £1 + £29,999 here, though not by much, not when there's a 60% chance of the latter coming in at £27k or higher and the floor is £1,501 rather than, you know, actual peanuts.

It's a really squrimy board to value, to be honest. £330k or so in eight boxes, for a mean of just over £40k. Is this "2+3" configuration worth more than half the mean, as this offer effectively is? Well, the blues are sort of oranges, and I think that definitely has an influence.

This is the sort of decision this game thrives upon... maybe we'll get another, because my decision is NO DEAL!

11, 7, and 9...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:06 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

** RING **

The Banker just phoned to say he respects your calculated decision-making there, and should you avoid the top 2 in this next round he'll be offering you AT LEAST £40,000 + £1 to put on Box 23.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:10 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Will these next 3 boxes take you into mega-money territory?

11- £20,500

Step one.

7- £5

Step two. This next box will be the big decider.

9-
AFTER THE BREAK ;)

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:12 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

AMAZING.

I'm grateful for the respect for that decision. I think the Banker knows that when facing a player who knows what they're doing, and makes that clear, he can't suddenly go stingy and expect to get away with it.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:17 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Welcome back. Now for the moment of truth. Will this next offer potentially make you the biggest winner of your series thus far?

9-
10p :D :banana:

Board:

1p
£7,200
£13,000
£93,500
£196,000

** RING **

The Banker says he would now like to reward your bravery and end this madness with an offer of:

BANKER'S OFFER

£40,000 + £2 to risk on Box 23

:roll:

The Banker then says he's somewhat glad you found a blue in the last box and not one of the lower reds, as he thinks this is a perfectly pitched offer for the board.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:24 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

That is a genuinely amusing moment. And a genuinely amazing decision.

It's effectively £43k on a board with a mean of about £62k. It's a risk premium I certainly could justify with the 1p having a 40% chance of becoming something meaningful...

...but realistically speaking I can't. DEAL. And I legitimately thought about making a counter-offer of £43k and no 23 so you could keep that record for sure, as a mark of respect for how you've played this on both sides now. :smt023

5, 3, 1 the proveout as always.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:32 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

Congratulations, KP, you have definitely taken the Banker for Big Money, and possibly for more than anyone has taken from your Banker.

Let's now see if that was a wise decision.

5- £7,200

3- 1p :shock: :(

Will this be an OH DEAR moment (especially given the configuration you dealt on :P )?

1-
£196,000 :D

Banker time with £13,000 and £93,500 remaining......................

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:35 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

I'm no longer sure about the certainty in that first sentence after that finish...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:39 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

** RING **

The Banker was really hoping that last box was £93,500 so that he could make an Undeal with the fine print that this is an April Fools joke. :P

This however, is far too good of a scenario not to offer it for real.

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S GAMBLE + NO LOSE 23

He's not only offering the gamble, but he is also offering you a free go at Box 23 regardless of the amount you win.

For the final time tonight, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:40 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #25 [David] [April Fools Series 2018]

...I was just thinking that ~£43k on a £13k/£93.5k finish was a properly agonising decision.

With the no-lose 23, this is a VERY simple DEAL!

Swap for 17, and option 4 for that 23!

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]