Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:18 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:18 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:34 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Warnings: 0
I'd go for £21,600 now.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:36 am    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Let's go with Benny boy again.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£21,600

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:39 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]
International Forums Moderator

BANKER'S OFFER

£24,001

CAUGHT OUT! He added the first two offers together, and the offer came in JUST over 10% out!!

Now that is cruel. No more predictions, this is your fixed Box 23 lineup...

DOUBLE
NO-LOSE REDO

MONEY BACK
HALF
NOTHING

The Banker rings up and says he's so glad that a codependent player didn't go 3/3 against him!

At £24,001, Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:42 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

OUCH!!! :( :( :(

Sorry Hunter. :(

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:43 am    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Stick that 24 large back in the bank, I'm just gonna play on. NO DEAL.

9, 14 and 19.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:45 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Back in the bank it goes, and onwards we go!

Box 9 - £75,000! That's a bad start, but if it's our only hit, the Banker will still be terrified... on the other hand, this is now precarious enough for spoiler boxes.

Box 14 -
£10,000. Count those zeroes carefully... that IS just about fine!

Box 19 -
£100,000!! ONE. BOX. GAME.

But what a box.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:48 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

The Banker has one comment here: "One of us is going to be partying tonight. And we don't know which one."

50p
£5
£100
£750

£3,000
£15,000
£20,000

£360,000

The Banker says that on a board like this, his new formula gives him a lot of room to move the offer around. This, he says, is near the top end.

BANKER'S OFFER

£21,600

Take this, and you could be one box away from proving your decision right. Turn this down, and you could be one box away from proving your decision wrong. But if that box stays... what does the Banker do then?!?

This is the game in its purest form. And this is the question... Deal... or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

That is me running out of the studio as soon as this offer was announced. :P

DEAL, HUNTER!!!!!!

Only a glory Hunter would go on here. Be sensible Hunter today and realize it's not worth the risk on a one box game with a VERY generous offer like this.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 am    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

I'll play one more round. If more of my safety net goes, but not the jackpot, I'll consider taking the next one. NO DEAL.

12, 17 and 22 please.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:57 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

We have a glory Hunter here, for all that he's trying to protest otherwise... but, of course, hunting for glory is the way to get the glory.

When it goes wrong, of course, it tends to get ugly. Will it get ugly here?

Three HUGE boxes now.

Box 12 -
£15,000. Well, there's a safety net hit...

Box 17 -
£5! It's game on here... one away from a HUGE 5-box offer...

Box 22 -
£3,000! AND HERE WE ARE!

50p
£100
£750

£20,000
£360,000

Last edited by KP on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:01 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

The Banker says that he genuinely has no idea what to do here, and his offer formula is barely helping him!

He says that the classic "glory" target is a Power 5 win. And now, you can have one.

BANKER'S OFFER

£35,000

That's your offer... and now you have a chance to prove you really aren't just a glory Hunter. If you wish to take it.

At £35,000... Deal... or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

For goodness sake, Hunter, TAKE THE OFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roughly half the average on a board THIS precarious is far too good to turn down.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 am    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Just so I don't get an "OH DEAR... OH DEAR... OH DEAR..." from Ben... DEAL! :smt023

13, 18 and 20 for the proveout.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Well, if the jackpot stays you might be getting an original-recipe version of that... ;)

...but at least if that happens you've got more money than you would if you played on and it didn't, it's £35,000 and only the third Power 5 win in the history of this series!!

Now I'm wondering if Ben wanted you to Deal so he could defend his £50,000 series record...

Proveout!

Box 13 - £360,000! BAZINGA!

Box 18 - £100...

Box 20 - £20,000 and the crash is complete! 50p vs £750 at the end...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£300

A Spartan final offer... Box 2 had 50p, Box 5 had £750, you made an unbelievable profit on your box...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:12 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

...but now you have 23.

DOUBLE (£70,000)
NO-LOSE REDO

MONEY BACK
HALF (£17,500)
NOTHING

Is it worth risking the lot to depose Ben atop the leaderboard? You're technically more likely to do that than lose everything thanks to that No-Lose Redo, but there's two negative options out there... to Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:14 am    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

I have a 60% chance of at least keeping what I have. I do believe it's worth the risk. DEAL! :smt023

Diddle for the middle, number 3, please.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:15 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Great job, Hunter.

One would argue that if you were willing to Deal at 5 box for just over a 50% increase after a great round it wasn't really worth the risk at 8 box, but at least it got you £13,400 more than I would've win, a Power 5 won AND a conventional spanking. :D :smt023

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:16 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

The Banker rings up, howls with laughter, and says you just did the equivalent of No Dealing an AMO!

He says he's never so much wanted to see NOTHING in 23 as he does now...

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

NO-LOSE REDO
NOTHING
MONEY BACK (£35,000)
HALF (£17,500)
DOUBLE (£70,000)

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-03-29 02:15:25 UTC

HUNTER'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £35,000

gamecrazyh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 am    Author: gamecrazyh    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and it's STILL a spanking! Take that, Banker!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:18 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #23 [Hunter]

At least that result allows us to conveniently ignore the appendix of the game as it had no affect on Hunter's winnings. :) ;)

[ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]