Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:15 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Warnings: 0
LOL :lol:

With so many amounts equal to or OVER 9,000, it couldn't possibly be right to quit now for four figures.

NO DEAL, and let's hope my twenties continue going well as I open 21, 22 and 20.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Well, here we go with three more boxes to possibly move the offer up...

Box 21 - £250! Well that will help.

Box 22 - £35,000 won't, but we had to expect a chunky red to go there...

Box 20 - £20,000... hmmm, that's a curious round to assess!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

1p
£9,000.50
£9,001
£3,760
£50
£100

£9,000
£19,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000

Is it £9,001 again? Surely not...

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,001 + £3,500 ON 23

Well, it is and it isn't! £9,001 would be guaranteed and then you'd get £3,500 put through 23 ON TOP of that, potentially giving you a total win of £17,501 all told! But you could always play on... Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Interesting offer there, and the low risk element definitely makes it slightly more tempting.

Still, I don't think it's enough with three £50,000+ amounts and all of those fallbacks there, so NO DEAL

18, 16 and 14, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

We go on!

Box 18 - £100! Now just two true blues left...

Box 16 - £3,760... that'll do, and now there's a one-in-three chance you've got (about) £9,000 in your box, but crucially a higher chance of MORE...

Box 14 - £50,000! A shame, but it was the only hit of the round...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

1p
£9,000.50
£9,001
£50

£9,000
£19,000
£75,000
£100,000

A fascinating situation here.

The Banker points out that in the original Dragon Ball Z scene, the power level was over 8,000, and only the English dub mistranslates it...

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,001 + £8,001 ON 23

...hence this offer! It could be worth anything between £8,001 and £24,003 when all is said and done, most likely somewhere in between. With the board now featuring an isolated top two, is this the time to stop? Up to you, of course... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Interesting board here, with a 75% chance of having over 8,000 in my box but with only two mega amounts. Weirdly enough the risk element of the offer is slightly less appealing now, as this Box 23 only gives me a 1 in 6 chance of multiplying my winnings poitively.

I think this is just about a good enough to try and see if I can hit that against the odds 36% chance of keeping the top 2, so NO DEAL.

12, 10 and 8, please.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Tough boards to read make for tough offers to decide on! Playing on is the decision here, and we have to hope that if we can't avoid the top two we can do something like hitting one with two blues...

Box 12 - 1p! AND THEY DO NOT COME ANY BLUER THAN THAT!

Box 10 - £75,000! There's that big hit... if this is not the £100,000, though, we are still very much in business...

Box 8 -
£9,000.50! The Vegeta triad is broken up, and that is not a problem right now!

£9,001
£50

£9,000
£19,000
£100,000

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

The Banker says that you know as well as he does that he can't claim that round and neither can you.

There is only one offer he can possibly make here.

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,001 + £9,001 ON 23

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Of course. :roll: ;)

It feels like a somewhat similar decision as last time with the offer being a similar amount and I'll be banking in a slightly against the odds round should I go on. Of course, the negative consequences of not having an against the odds round are much bigger, but on balance the potential rewards are also much and I am one box away from being guaranteed £9,000.

Therefore, I will NO DEAL the offer and go with 6, 2 and 13. :eyes:

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

That last round produced an impasse.

This round will break it. Or possibly locks in a handshake of sorts; one box raises the floor to £9,000, one box lowers the ceiling to £19,000. Will we hit both? Will we hit neither?!?

Box 6 -
£9,000 is neither, but it's good...

Box 2 -
£9,001! The triad went in three consecutive boxes, and if they're followed by the £50 you have well and truly nailed this...

Box 13 -
£50! AND YOU HAVE!! £19,000 and £100,000 are your final two!!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:34 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

:D :D :D :-D :-D :-D

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Banker's reaction: "There's no way that can be right!"

He had an elaborate plan for this offer... but then he abandoned it. He knows the offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

£50,000

To tie, erm, yourself as the biggest winner of the series! Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:48 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

I'm half tempted to ask the Banker to change that to £40,000 + £9,001 to put on Box 23, but after the relief of THAT round after such an agonizing decision I don't want to risk the Banker taking that as an insult and the offer getting lowered, and I certainly don't want to risk falling back down to roughly the amount I was agonizing over after being up at £50,000, so I will gladly quit while I'm ahead and DEAL. :smt023

*breathes* :lol:

I wouldn't have swapped.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

The Banker said if he'd followed the original plan...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£49,001

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£41,009 ON NO-DOWNSIDE 23 + COMPLETE DRAGON BALL Z BOX SET

Then he remembered who he was playing. :smt046

Box 19 had £100,000 - so if he had insulted you, you'd have had the last laugh! Box 4 had £19,000...

KP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Now, you do have a Box 23 decision...

DOUBLE (£100,000)
+£5,000 (£55,000)
+£2,500 (£52,500)

MONEY BACK (£50,000)
HALF (£25,000)
NOTHING

...Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Without question the easiest decision of the game.

NO DEAL to Box 23, and I would've chosen Option 5 again.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

SHOCK!

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

MONEY BACK (£50,000)
+£5,000 (£55,000)
+£2,500 (£52,500)
HALF (£25,000)
NOTHING
DOUBLE (£100,000)

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-03-21 23:03:27 UTC

And a good job too!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:09 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #20 [Ben]

Couldn't ask for a better result than that. :D

Selling the £100,000 for £50,000 certainly feels less disappointing with the knowledge that had I dealt at any other stage of the game, I would've instead have sold the £100k for 4 figures. :smt023

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]