Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:37 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:37 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 20 - £100. It's something.

10p
50p
£1
£5
£50

£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£50,000
£75,000

Prediction time?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

I'm tempted to go £5,500, but I'll abstain.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Good job you did...

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,000

...because it would have been a miss! He conceded he went too far last time given the stability of what was left, so now at £7,000 on a rather weaker board... Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

With a 50/50 chance of keeping the top 2 and likely sending the offer into five figures plus only a 5% chance of losing them both and the offer crashing, this is still a definite NO DEAL.

18, 16 and 14, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:45 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Looking to even this battle out...

Box 18 - 50p! That'll help.

Box 16 - £5,000... just the three zeroes, this is good so far...

Box 14 - £20,000. Well, you isolated the top two, but you did keep them!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

10p
£1
£5
£50

£3,000
£10,000
£50,000
£75,000

There's plenty of intrigue left in this one. It begins with your second prediction, if you wish to use it...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Given my previous comment, I can see the Banker offering just under 10k here, so:

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£10,400

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,900

And you are absolutely right! It sneaks into the 5% band and you have these two options...

NO-LOSE REDO
+£5,000

Do you want a second cash addition, or one that would put that earlier and bigger one that bit more into play?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:55 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

I think I'll add the +£5,000 to give myself a good shot at a bailout should things go wrong.

With that being said, £9,900 is a great offer for the board, and to improve on it significantly in the next round is to hit the 36% chance of keeping the Top 2, but with the Box 23 set-up as it is I definitely think it's worth trying to achieve that against the odds round.

NO DEAL, and let's hope there's nothing big in 12, 10, nor 8 as they're opened.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Making a play to increase the chances of a bailout, and using that to give him the freedom to play on. That's a fascinating calculation, and you can tell those two decisions were made together!

Box 12 - £5! That's how to start...

Box 10 - £75,000! Oh. :( If this is £50k the Banker will be so relieved...

Box 8 -
£50! Right colour, wrong number! Hope remains here...

10p
£1

£3,000
£10,000
£50,000

Still one prediction left and two opportunities to use it...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:01 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

The Banker knows I like to chase the 50k and I'm even more likely to chase it given the Box 23 set-up, so let's go for:

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£8,200

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,950

Just under eight grand, and in range for the choice!

Not that this one is much of a choice...

ADD HALF
QUADRUPLE

Hmm, I wonder which of those you want? ;) :smt046

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

Hmmmm, let me think..... :ponder: :lol:

I'll choose QUADRUPLE, and then swiftly NO DEAL this offer.

6, 2 and 4, please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

The Banker was going to ring up to make another offer without 23, but he knew you'd turn it down!

Box 6...
£10,000... well, this isn't scary at all... :ponder:

Box 2...
10p! We're one away! We're one away!

Box 4...
£1 AND THERE WE ARE! £3,000 or £50,000 on the table!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

The Banker knows you want to chase £50,000... but he also knows you're flexible about it. He wonders if you might want to take this offer to Box 23 knowing you'd actually have a 1/3 chance of exceeding that value, and a 5/6 chance of winning a substantial sum of money.

BANKER'S OFFER

£22,000

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:15 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

The Banker is right: I do want to chase the £50k, but I'm sensible enough not to risk £19,000 on a coin-flip in order to get it. DEAL. :smt023

I would've swapped.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:18 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

It's a DEAL! I think the Banker was bracing himself for you to go all the way...

...if you had taken on that £19,000 coinflip, though, you would of course have had Box 23 potentially there to get you to £38,000 even if you missed out, and I think the Banker may have expected that to encourage you... evidently not!

In any case, it would have been a swap, we know what you're like with Box 19, and it contained...

£50,000. It would have come up the right way for you, as Box 21 had the £3,000. Not that the dream ends here, of course...

Last edited by KP on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

...this is that Box 23 you've been so brilliantly building throughout your game.

QUADRUPLE (£88,000)
+£35,000 (£57,000)
+£5,000 (£27,000)

MONEY BACK (£22,000)
HALF (£11,000)
NOTHING

There is one ugly outcome from that, but an awful lot of tasty ones... to Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

It was that Quadruple that changed things. Without it, I probably would've declined the £22k with every intention of declining Box 23 with £50k and accepting it with £3k. With the added incentive to achieve a decent win, though, it made £22k a deal and £7,950 a marginal decision, not that I wanted to give the Banker any hint of the latter. ;)

With £50k, this would a tricky decision and probably a reluctant no deal. With £22,000, however, DEAL me in.

Option 3, please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #9 [Ben]

You clearly set out to go after £50k in the least dangerous way possible. You missed out on it from the box, and that means that in theory that Quadruple may actually have cost you a huge amount of money.

But it could also propel you to £88,000.

This is one heck of a moment...

...and here it is.

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

+£35,000 (£57,000)
NOTHING
+£5,000 (£27,000)
QUADRUPLE (£88,000)
MONEY BACK (£22,000)
HALF (£11,000)

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-02-18 22:27:23 UTC

BEN'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £27,000

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]