Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:16 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Having his second pop at a 3.0 is ARCHIE! He's playing for a bumped-up jackpot of £280,000 - or possibly double that with a dangerous twist, depending on which of these comes up...

23 BUILD
DOCTORED BOARD
DOUBLE/TROUBLE
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

1-6 to determine how you and the Banker will face each other...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:24 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

6 please KP

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

6, you say?

23 BUILD

New rules alert!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

OK!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

The board isn't changed...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£75,000
£100,000

£280,000

...but Box 23 very much is. It starts off with MONEY BACK, HALF, and NOTHING... but you get the chance to build on that by getting up to three positive options added on! You get three predictions at any point in the game, and every time you get within 10% of the Banker's offer, you get a positive option added in. If you get within 5%, you'll even get a choice of two - or three if you're ever on the nose!

No risk in the predictions, you can't make 23 any worse, and if it all goes wrong then the good news is that Box 23 is always optional unless you take an offer which forces its use. Or lack of use, for that matter.

You've got Box 11 on the table... five to open. Game on!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:34 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Alrighty!

Let's begin with boxes 17, 6, 22, 14 and 2 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Going with the KP box to start a KP game, fair enough! Here's those five...

Box 17 - £500, good start!

Box 6 - 50p! Better!

Box 22 - £3,000 is also good...

Box 14 - £1,000 ditto, this is most promising...

Box 2 - £75,000! Oh. You'll see worse starts, though!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:38 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Ok not a problem! I'll pass on the prediction just so I can see what kind of mood The Banker is in...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

At the first phone call...

1p
10p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£750

£5,000
£10,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£100,000

£280,000

Now, you have three predictions for the whole game. There's no risk attached to their use, just a question of timing. Is this the time to have a go?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Evidently not.

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,500

Playing on the importance of that last hit perhaps, but with no other meaningful damage it couldn't be a small offer... at £7,500, Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:39 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

It's a NO DEAL at this early stage!

Boxes 7, 19 and 15 next

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Not a huge surprise, and hopefully it'll be rewarded!

Box 7 - £750 and that gives you a symmetrical board!

Box 19 - £250 puts us on track for an ABR, or you could always hit £5k to restore the symmetry...

Box 15 - £15,000. Another sting in the tail perhaps, but that was more of a pinprick... it's still a fine round!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

The Banker has to make a decision on this board...

1p
10p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100

£5,000
£10,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£100,000

£280,000

...and you have to make a decision on whether or not to predict what that decision was!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

I'll predict at this point

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£12,500

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

The offer is...

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,000

How about that? It's within 5%, so you get a choice of two Box 23 goodies! Here are those two...

NO-LOSE REDO
DOUBLE

Now, if you pick the first of those, it means that you'd have a do-over of 23 with all the other options, and the two negative ones are treated as though they're MONEY BACK. Do you want that, or the good old doubler?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

I'll take the NO-LOSE REDO!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Alright! Interesting move first up, but with two predictions left and the chance of adding two absolute monsters theoretically on, it's got some definite logic behind it!

BOX 23 OPTIONS
NO-LOSE REDO
MONEY BACK
HALF
NOTHING

At £12,000, Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Thank you... But No Deal!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

16, 5 and 4 please

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #7 [Archie]

Box 16 - £5,000, as you continue to slice through the middle of the board like Hypno-Disc through a badly armoured robot... £50 for symmetry?

Box 5 - £1! Even better for your game!

Box 4 - £100,000! It seems like you can only do damage with the final selection of the round... and that really was damage.

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]