Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:40 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Understandable, good logic...

BANKER'S OFFER

£11,700

...not the same logic the Banker went with. :( More than 25% out means the loss of the big one...

BOX 25 MONEY MENU
16%
66%
116%
166%
216%
ADD CAR
+£3,000

That's still not a terrible configuration, mind - we've seen far worse! At £11,700 on a dangerous board... Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:42 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

Definitely not, I was bound to stumble at some point! It's a clever offer, but there's a big bunch of smile money to fall back on which wouldn't be tragic if this is my peak. That, of course, is worst case scenario stuff, but fingers crossed we're in for a hell of a lot more than that. NO DEAL!

8, 21 and 23 please.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:50 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

Box 25 could come in handy in a bad scenario too, even if it's not so great for a good one now! These three will be fascinating...

Box 8 -
£9,000.10 and we've dodged one bullet...

Box 21 -
£850 and that's another! Even one of the big blues would be fine now...

Box 23 -
£35,000! It's the top backup, but that surely means less than it did last round...

1p
50p
£24,775
£12,750

£1,000
£3,000
£4,250
£237,500

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

You've spent the whole of this game stuck clinging to a dream with a nightmare around you... and you're still stuck there clinging in moderation. The Banker thinks the only appropriate ending for this game would be to take the Box 25 offer!

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,000 + 25

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,500

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:57 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

I agree that the Box 25 offer here is definitely the better of the two for me... As good an offer as it may be, I'm going to try one more round... NO DEAL!

1, 14 and 20 please...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

You clearly played that Purpliser the way you did for a reason, and THIS is that reason. It's turned out beautifully for you really, with those two big blues and the barely-adjusted jackpot still in play, but what happens now?

Not often you get tension like this.

Box 1...
50p! Massive moment in this game, but there's still two boxes in this round to go!

Box 14...
£3,000 and we're one away from a huge 5-box! Is this where it all goes wrong? Is this where the game decisively tips in your favour? Or is this game going to continue to be This Game as we open Box 20 to reveal £24,775?

Box 20...
£12,750 and THAT WILL DO! At last, a round has gone decisively someone's way... and it's your way!

1p
£24,775

£1,000
£4,250
£237,500

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:04 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

What a game this has been. Is that a job well done for you? Are you going to keep chasing the dream? Or, for that matter, are you going to take the middle path like you have with the boxes throughout this entire game?

BANKER'S OFFER

£26,000 + 25

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£29,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:06 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

This game really has been bonkers, and the last risk I'll take today is to say DEAL to £26,000 + Box 25!

I'd have finished with 7, 9 and 22.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:10 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

Down the middle it is! Somehow that really is appropriate for this. £26,000 will go through a money menu you squeezed at both ends whilst leaving nothing but both ends on the actual board... but first, to find out what 2-box you've pulled away from.

Box 7 - £24,775, because obviously you weren't going to have that in your box after this game.

Box 9 - £1,000... what odds this being the £4,250? ("1 in 3" - Actual Probability Untainted By Narrative)

Box 22 -
1p! Well, we will find out soon whether the risk you did take worked out, but we do know the risk you didn't would definitely have been rewarded.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£70,999 + 25

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£71,001 FIXED

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:13 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

Turned out that Box 11 had the £237,500, so you quite evidently used up your game's supply of good luck very early. Box 16 had the £4,250.

Now, to find out if there's a tiny bit of good luck left, just enough to stop you from crashing to four figures here. Pick 1-7 for one of these outcomes...

BOX 25 MONEY MENU
16% - £4,160
66% - £17,160
116% - £30,160
166% - £43,160
216% - £56,160
ADD CAR - £26,000 + Nissan Leaf
+£3,000 - £29,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:15 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

Good grief... At least there's solace in the fact that I'd have brought 16 to the table but I'd certainly have been out with the £71k + 25 offer...

... but let's try Option 3 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:16 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

166% - £43,160
16% - £4,160
+£3,000 - £29,000
116% - £30,160
216% - £56,160
ADD CAR - £26,000 + Renault Zoe
66% - £17,160

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-01-27 01:13:38 UTC

AARON'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £29,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:19 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.1 | Game #40 [Aaron]

Hahahaha the irony continues until the very end! Well it was certainly a cracking enough result from a game that was teetering for a long while, it's a shame that luck would've seen me through to the very end though! Cheers for the game :smt023

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]