Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
It's a logical argument!

BANKER'S OFFER

£22,000

Ben's guess was a bit better, but the difference really isn't all that huge, because the 8% margin you have means you get rid of the second-lowest and that happens to be a piffling 3% anyway! You couldn't have recovered much better from that horrendous start when it comes to this configuration...

BOX 23 OPTIONS
0%
53%
103%
153%
253%
+£20,000
ADD CAR

Bear those in mind, because from 8-box onwards the offers will come in pairs - one with 23, the other without!

At £22,000 with Box 23 optional... Deal or No Deal?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

No Deal!

15, 20 and 9 please.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

We're going to 8-box and the decisions are about to become VERY different, but what happens in these three boxes to get us there?

Box 15...£42,500! Top of the backups, but one you've weakened already. This is now more clearly a game about the top two.

Box 20... £7,505, where the rest of that £50k went! The way we look at this round is all about whether this is a huge sum or not...

Box 9... £3,750! It most certainly is not, and once again that is a strong round!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

1p
£33,750.50
£3,501
£100

£10,000
£31,500
£150,000
£250,000

The Banker says that you have a real risk of disaster because the 1p and the 0% are both intact, and you can't even get rid of the latter!

He therefore thinks you should be tempted by this:

BANKER'S OFFER

£33,000 FIXED

Alternatively, you could take this INSTEAD of that:

BANKER'S OFFER

£32,000 + 23

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

That'll do!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

I'm going to Deal at the £33,000. Last night's shenanigans with Aaron's game is still on my mind!!!

If I went on I would have gone with 10, 21 and 14 next.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

Whatever happens now, you are going away with £33,000!

Now we find out if you could have won a lot, lot more. Or maybe a lot, lot less. Or, quite possibly, either.

Box 10... £33,750.50! Well, there's that one away. We will judge this round by the bottom right corner though!

Box 21... £100! What a time for that...

Box 14... 1p! WHAT a time for THAT! You'd have been in position A and then some, and apparently you used your massive risk-taking in the wrong place...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

£3,501
£10,000
£31,500
£150,000
£250,000

Remember, the record win on this series so far is £52,000. Ergo:

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£52,001

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£52,500 + 23

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:57 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

It could so easily have gone the other way...

8, 5 and 12 to finish please.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

Certainly could!

Box 8... £250,000! Like that! Now we're looking for the £150k...

Box 5... £3,501! Nope...

Box 12... £10,000! Oh, even the £250k wouldn't have been enough here, as a £31,500 vs £150,000 finish was left!!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

If you'd got here, the Banker would have recognised that this Box 23 setup wouldn't have invited you taking it with either of those amounts! Therefore...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£78,000 FIXED

OR, to tempt you into possibly losing the lot...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£87,000 + 23

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

After all that, Box 2 had £150,000!! This really was the game to be more risky than usual... Box 18 had the £31,500!

You did at least carry that and the presence of the unmodified jackpot into a £33,000 FIXED win. Now, we fire up 23. No amounts loaded, this is just hypo territory...

BOX 23 OPTIONS
0%
53%
103%
153%
253%
+£20,000
ADD CAR

Number 1-7 to finish this thing!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:07 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

Let's have number 6!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

We don't know what you'd have taken into this...

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

+£20,000
ADD CAR
103%
153%
53%
0%
253%

IP: 86.15.173.210
Timestamp: 2017-01-17 20:09:00 UTC

...BUT YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOT ANY OF IT BACK!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:10 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 2.0 | Game #8 [Davey]

Wow!

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]