Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:28 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Warnings: 0
    1p
    50p
    £1
    £5
    £500

£15,000
    £87,500
    £100,000
    £200,000
    £425,000
    £725,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

** RING **

The Banker is utterly furious. He honestly thought after his game with Dan he was getting his mojo back, but here you are, ruining his joy...

BANKER'S OFFER

£75,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]
International Forums Moderator

Some games go his way, some games don't. This is one of the latter group of games.

What a wild ride of a round that was. £1.5m still on that board, it's not even that unstable... somehow, even £75,000 at 11-box (!) doesn't feel enough. NO DEAL!

13, 15, 19.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:37 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

It certainly seems it. AND you've still got the replay... How long can you keep that equipped as a weapon?!

13 - £725,000!! Gone as soon as it arrived :smt009 :smt009 There's still more opportunities to transform one of your remaining amounts into something that size or even higher!

15 - 50p is excellent news here!! An important box here, merely for colour balance...

19 -
£100,000! Uncomfortable but... not horrific? This is clearly a point to consider using your replay. The shift's 1-8 at this stage...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

...I was thinking earlier that at this rate I might not even want to take on 23 with the replay.

That, I think, frees me up to use it in the game. REPLAY, same boxes.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:42 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Out it comes!

** REPLAY **

Let's hope it doesn't go to waste, spoiler boxes at the ready...

13 -
£725,000!! The very same again!! :smt019

15 -
£1! At least we know boxes were shuffled! Another blue now please...

19 -
£425,000!! What a disgustingly cruel replay :( :cry: Thanks to Twelve Shift, this game is far from over, so let's have that tenth shift, 1-8 please...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Double 2. :(

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:45 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Need to pull this back now with a quality shift...

... but we can't even do that right now. £5 becomes 48p and a third huge downshifter! Boy are we playing a different game here... BT

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:46 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

1p
    48p
    50p
    £500

£15,000
    £87,500
    £100,000
    £200,000

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:49 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

** RING **

As you can imagine, the Banker is beside himself after that round! He was very tempted to throw in a joke offer here to spite you, but he knows in reality that's not going to achieve anything...

BANKER'S OFFER

£29,500

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£49,500 & NO UPSIDE BOX 23

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

EV of that conditional is well into the 30s so that's the tempter here... it's such a strange board with so many huge shifters but the positive ones offer SO much upside that I'm going to dare it, NO DEAL!

11, 7, 9.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Playing on, in the hope of extracting at least one more great upshift out of this! To do so, we've got to avoid your big three now...

11 - 50p!! Yes!! Think it's spoiler box time again...

7 -
£500!! That seals the colour balance! I swear if this is 1p or 48p...

9 -
£15,000!! No but WHAT a round!! We're in for either a huge upshift or a huge downshift... This is going to be massive, your eleventh shift is 1-5. Make. It. Count.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:00 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

...WOW.

I think I played on out of FOMO with the upside from... well, that.

Double 1.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:02 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Genuinely one of the biggest shift moments we've ever had here...

Here it comes, good luck...

£100,000...

... is moving...

... UP TO £666,666!! WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!! :-D :-D Oh my word...

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:07 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

1p
    48p

£87,500
    £200,000
    £666,666

** RING **

"I think I'm going to need a full body scan after this game, my stress levels have been all over the place..."

BANKER'S OFFER

£115,000

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£175,000 & NO UPSIDE BOX 23

Unbelievable Jeff! The power of Twelve Shift, eh?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Oh my goodness.

What a situation. With the worst-case scenario on the conditional still being in the territory I was in before that round, I feel like that bit is playing with house money if the EV gain over the fixed offer is right (and it is), and I feel like I've done enough now. ;)

DEAL the conditional! 5, 3, 1 the proveout three. Hypo-swap for 17 would be accepted, obvs.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:15 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

It's a DEAL for £175,000... ish! Hopefully you can keep hold of that full amount, but first we've got a proveout to mop up...

5 - 48p would have been perfect!

3 - 1p!! Oh dear christ, this could be an insane escape for the Banker...

1 - £87,500... DAVID!! It would have been the 10% perfect round :shock: :shock: :( :(

£200,000 would have played £666,666 in arguably the biggest climax we'd ever have had...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£415,000

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£666,666 & NO UPSIDE BOX 23

Beyond our wildest imaginations, you couldn't have played for that, but it's the magic that can come out of a Super 6/Twelve Shift combo!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:17 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Box 10 was on the table, but true to form you'd have swapped for Box 17... which contained £200,000! You would have give away the £666,666... :shock: :shock: Crazy throwing around numbers like this in Aaron's DoND!

Anyway, we have some business to tend to here...

KP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:17 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

Well at least I got that far! :smt046 I wouldn't have taken shift 12 purely because there was only so far for those to even go up! :P

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:19 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [139]

... it's your no-upside Box 23:

MONEY BACK (£175,000)
    MONEY BACK (£175,000)
    MONEY BACK (£175,000)

HALF (£87,500)
    FLOOR (£35,000)

In isolation, all wonderful sums of money. In retrospect, we really don't want to add to the pain here, please land on a Money Back...

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]