Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:57 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:56 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

Warnings: 0
** RING **

The Banker is speechless... He left a wrong formula somewhere in his spreadsheet :shock: :shock: That conditional offer was supposed to be £15,800 + NO BOX 23...

... but people make mistakes, including him. He says he has no choice but to HONOUR that offer - so congratulations Ben, you took advantage whilst he was getting carried away!

Let's, erm, play on... :lol: :lol: Where would we have gone next?! What a cock-up from the Banker this is!!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]
International Forums Moderator

Amazing. Ben made the iconic mistake in my series as the April Fool banker and now benefits from a mistake the other way. ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:01 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

14 - £3,000
12 - £100
10 - £10,000

10p / £1 / £10 / £12,500 / £75,000...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£9,400

OR

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£21,500 & NO BOX 23

The final round...

8 - £10
6 - £12,500 Would have left it all or nothing...
4 - 10p!

It'd have been £1 or £75,000 at this incredible stage in the game...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

If this is an undeal the endowment effect could be stronger than usual following THAT turn of events!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:05 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

** RING **

"We all make mistakes, Ben. But make sure you don't make a mistake here..."

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S CONDITIONAL GAMBLE

WHAT a position to be in here... The only condition here is that if you crash to £1, you cannot use it on Box 23. Win the other one though, and you're on for up to £150,000 RISK FREE...

Ben... Banker's conditional Gamble... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

VERY interesting decision. Question is would I take £35,000 on a £1/£110,000 (rough average of the Box 23 outcomes) on this finish? :ponder:

The answer is...

....... yes, so NO DEAL to the gamble. :)

Would've NO swapped.

Option 3 for Box 23.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:15 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

You KEEP the money! I'm sure the Banker's relieved in a way regardless, but let's see if he was right to offer that...

Box 21 held £10 in it!! Great choice :D Box 2 was the £75,000 which would've eluded you!

Option 3 would've been +£35,000 funnily enough - but you caught the Banker off guard and won the very same card all to yourself - thanks for playing! :D

The Banker may need to have a lie down for a while...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:16 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [111]

Well the error made for some fun at the end. ;)

(I would also have done the same there, I'd value that £1/"£75k+" in the high twenties I think.)

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]