Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:09 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [109]

Warnings: 0
£1,019 is yours! Which is just as well because Box 19 had the green £75! Your original 17 had the other £75 and Box 9 had £4,000 - so you'd have made the most pointless swap ever :lol:

Box 23 next, and you could still take over £42k here if you play it right Ben...

DOUBLE (£2,038)
    +£20,000 (£21,019 & BB)

MONEY BACK (£1,019)
    HALF (£509.50)
    NOTHING

Option 3, for some glorious redemption...

+£20,000!!! How about THAT!!! :D :D :D Let's fire that Bonus Box up!!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [109]

Well that's one way to minimize the regrets. :D

Option 5 for the BB, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [109]

DOUBLE (£42,038)
    +50% (£31,528.50)
    +30% (£27,324.70)
    +20% (£25,222.80)
    +10% (£23,120.90)
    MONEY BACK (£21,019)

Those are your options, and if you land the double, it's an OPW out of absolutely nowhere! I'm sure you'll be happy whatever the result...

Option 5, make it a good one...

+10%! Well every little helps, and at least this validates your decision to hand back the £14,999 as you're now about to leave here with £23,120.90! Thanks for playing :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [109]
International Forums Moderator

Well that's one way to do it.

I don't think it was THAT bad a decision anyway. You're risking roughly the average, but the 25% disaster chance was actually 20% with the other 5% being, well, what we saw. And if you wanted to chase the BB it was a 20% disaster chance through doing that with a Deal.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [109]

KP wrote:

I don't think it was THAT bad a decision anyway. You're risking roughly the average, but the 25% disaster chance was actually 20% with the other 5% being, well, what we saw. And if you wanted to chase the BB it was a 20% disaster chance through doing that with a Deal.

The gamble would've only been worth it if the Banker guaranteed the offer would be £20,000 if I avoided the top amount, and you better believed I would've asked had I realized I was at 4 box.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [109]
International Forums Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
KP wrote:

The gamble would've only been worth it if the Banker guaranteed the offer would be £20,000 if I avoided the top amount, and you better believed I would've asked had I realized I was at 4 box.

I reckon Aaron would have tried to put the 3-box offer into the void left by the BB discontinuity - something like £23k and no BB? £19,999 and a prize?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]