Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Warnings: 0
Good evening and welcome to another edition of Aaron's DoND! After Jumble left with just a tenner last night, he's hoping to get a similar result from KP tonight!

A TALE OF TWO BOXES
    SUPER 6
    TWELVE SHIFT
    SPLIT DECISION
    MY KIND OF DEAL
    BETWEEN THE LINES

Though some of those are going to make that a bit more difficult for the Banker... 1-6 please to kick us off!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]
International Forums Moderator

Number 2!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

2 gives us...

MY KIND OF DEAL

... this, for the second game running! The Banker can no longer phone outwards, but you can phone him whenever you like to request an offer! And if you have a round you didn't like, you can undo it, we reshuffle the boxes, and we try again! We can only do that once though, so use it wisely.

Box 21 is on the table! Give me your first set of boxes to get underway. Remember, unless you state otherwise, I will assume you want an offer after each set of boxes you open! Good luck!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

This is a tough one to play for the first time but I'm ready for it!

I'd like all the evens to set up an 11-box opening offer.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:08 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Alrighty! I'll even open Box 8 first because I know what you're like ;)

8 - £35,000
2 - £500
4 - £50,000!
6 - £75,000! Jeez, suffering some damage here! :shock:

10 - £100! Better...
12 - £1
14 - £3,000
16 - 1p!! Wonderful!

18 - £10,000
20 - £20,000 is even more mid-red damage...
22 - £50! Bizarre situation! Let me post a board up for you before I offer you the replay...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

10p
50p
£5
£10
£250
£750

£1,000
£5,000
£15,000
£100,000
£250,000

Is that something worth sticking with, or are you going to redo that?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:10 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

That is an interesting one. It's not a great board in some respects, and it's definitely dangerous, but there's obviously big money on it. And the replay is a weapon on it, so I will stick with this.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

We'll stick with it!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:14 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

** RING **

The Banker welcomes you, but is not enjoying being out of control of the phone for the second game running, but he is hoping that like Jumble, you'll get yourself into a fumble and leave empty-handed!

So it's prediction time for the green boxes, and we're losing the two high blues and the low red... Make it count!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Average in the mid-30s, unstable. A third of the mean perhaps?

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£10,930

Covers £10k and £12k anyway!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:23 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Ten to twelve...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,500

... but he had to come in higher because of the power you've got! That's a smidge below 20% off so we'll still be adding two mediums and a small - a potential extra £56k to be added here, so choose wisely from the 8 medium and 8 small boxes!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Fair, there was the element of the additions as well to help bump the needed generosity up ;)

Small 1, medium 2 and 3.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:28 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Here they come...

1S - £7.50! Ha!

2M - £30,000! Yes!
3M - £12,500! Two lovely back-ups now...

10p
50p
£5

£7.50
£10
£5,000
£12,500
£15,000
£30,000
£100,000
£250,000

So at £13,500 KP, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Aaron Brock wrote:
£12,500!

Seeing as I could literally win an overflow error, NO DEAL :P

I'll go with a regular three-box round because of how much precedent there is for an 8-box offer after a three-box round, might help the prediction aspect ;) 13, 15, 19.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:35 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

I don't think there's 12500! of anything in the universe, past present or future :lol: :lol:

13 - £15,000! That's a little less painful now...

15 - £5,000! A little blue to finish off here will be good...

19 - £30,000!! Talk about instability...

There's certainly a case for a replay after that... but is it worth it?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:38 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Oh my. Erm, top two at 8-box with the replay in hand is OK, stick.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

So this is our 8-box!

10p
50p
£5

£7.50
£10
£12,500
£100,000
£250,000

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:42 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

** RING **

The Banker's liking how difficult you're making this for yourself, but at the same time, you're putting him in a tricky situation!

What do you reckon he may have done here, is it something you fancy predicting?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:58 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

Not easy for anyone, which is why I've taken so long deciding on the prediction and even the prediction type...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£16,500

For the 23 Boost.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:00 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [107]

We were about 19% out last time, that won't help too much so we hope it's a better prediction...

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,250

... and it is! 9.6% means we can throw another +£20,000 into the mix or reciprocate that HALF card to have a second shot at a DOUBLE... What would you like to go for?

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]