Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:45 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Warnings: 0
Good evening one and all, welcome to Aaron's DoND! The Banker's been on a hell of a rollercoaster ride in the last couple of games, starting with Archie rinsing him of £125,000. Then on Friday night, it looked like Ben was about to do exactly the same after a mega powerful start in a Two Boxes game, but he ended up crashing out with absolutely nothing!

There are two new twists in the mix, and KP might be playing one of them tonight...

A TALE OF TWO BOXES
    SUPER 6
    TWELVE SHIFT
    SPLIT DECISION
    MY KIND OF DEAL
    BETWEEN THE LINES

What will we be playing tonight? 1-6 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]
International Forums Moderator

Those two games were amazing, and the one before that was quite fun too!

Once again picking 1 hoping for new rules...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:48 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

SPLIT DECISION

You're going to have another go at this! Let's see what boards you'll face tonight...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:52 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

BLUE BOARD
£0.10
£10
£50
£100
£250
£3,000
£15,000
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£100,000

RED BOARD
£0.01
£0.50
£1
£5
£500
£750
£1,000
£5,000
£10,000
£75,000
£250,000

What a split that's created, a Red Board for a glory hunter and a Blue Board providing some very comfortable stability!

Box 12 is on the table, good luck!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Interesting indeed!

8, 2, 4, 6, 10 will lead us to an offer at some point...

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

How soon will it be? Let's find out...

8 - £1,000 gets us off to a good start on the volatile red!

2 - £250

4 - £500

6 - £1! That's looking a lot better already!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:56 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

RED BOARD
1p
50p
£5
£750
£5,000
£10,000
£75,000
£250,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

What a great place to start well that was!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

** RING **

The Banker says he's been all over the place over the last few days, hopefully a defeat against you will make him feel a lot better here!

Now there's no green boxes in Split Decision, but the other prediction will need to be made at some point... Will it be here?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

This feels like a possible £20k board? Maybe a bit lower? Not confident enough to predict.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:00 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Would £20k have been a good call here?

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,555

Good swerve! :|

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Oof. I've got the latitude to NO DEAL this for sure on a multi-path game.

10, 14, 16, 18 is as far as we can go before a call...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:09 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

No first-offer deal on the red board at least...

10 - £10,000 widens an already huge gap on Red...

14 - 1p brings us one away from an epic Red 5-box...

16 - £35,000! Back over onto Blue but that destabilises us slightly...

18 - £5!! Wonderful stuff!! He might struggle valuing this one for you!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:10 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

RED BOARD
50p
£750
£5,000
£75,000
£250,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

** RING **

The Banker knows that if this was a 5-box in a standard game, you'd be looking for walking money and reckons he'd get you out for a pretty decent price. With the Blue board right next to it, you may be more inclined to gamble...

Where do you think he's gone here? Is it predictable?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Would the Banker really go more than a double? I don't think he would in isolation but I think he might also have made an adjustment after the way the 8-box offer was swatted away.

The BB prediction gives me some flexibility and the setup is surely strong enough to warrant it:

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£32,750

Allows for £30k to be in the 10% band with shenanigans.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:22 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Let's see if that's where he was playing around at...

BANKER'S OFFER

£34,899

It's just shy of £35k, but at just over 6% you can open the Bonus Box with £35,000! As a result, he's changing his offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£32,750 & BOX 23 & BONUS BOX

Box 23 AND the Bonus Box with that combination. He says the Blue gives you breathing space to gamble on Red, and he's giving you a different kind of gamble...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:33 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

That is a weird offer to evaluate, wow.

My five possible outcomes on that 23 are £65,500, £52,750, £32,750, £16,375, and El Zippo.

I like having the BB locked in with a blue board mean of nigh-on £20k with stability, but I honestly fancy playing on here with that same blue board to fall back on, especially as I've got BB potential even with a blue/£75k finish... NO DEAL!

20, 21, 22...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:40 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

What a situation! Who'd see KP turning down something like that on that sort of 5-box? This is where Split Decision plays to his advantage. Hopefully, it's duly rewarded with a mega result on red... Let's open some more...

20 -
£750!! Amazing start...

21 -
£250,000!!! What a shame!! And now we're desparately trying to avoid the £75k...

22 -
£50,000! Even more destabilisation over there and creates a £80k gap...

BT...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [104]

Some contest this is!

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]