Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:30 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Warnings: 0
Good afternoon all! It's my turn to take the crazy chair, as Mr. KP settles into the role of host and Banker! Fingers crossed for another cracking game. David, take it away!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]
International Forums Moderator

Alright! Welcome to the April Fools Series 2018, I'm David "KP" Howell and I'm here with fellow #teambat founder member Aaron Brocklebank as he prepares to take on his own creation!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

His creation is a six-headed hydra! Aaron, you'll need to pick a number to decide which head is coming at ya like Cleopatra!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:08 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Five alive please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:11 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Going for mambo number 5, and we Bega it's not Knowing Banker...

...it isn't, instead it's a fascinating psychological battle where both sides get to undo a round that hurts so bad! Sponsored by Durex, one-time use only!

You've got Box 8 on the table and five to open for your first round before the yellow boxes enter proceedings... good luck!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Been a while since we've had this so should be interesting to see how you'll play with that!

7, 17, 10, 14 and 4 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:17 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Boxes... START OPENING NOW!

Box 7 - £3,000. That's absolutely disposable with the yellow boxes!

Box 17 - £10! You'd still rather hit those though. ;)

Box 10 - £35,000! First hit...

Box 14 - 10p! That's the one hit to each Power 5 you expect in the opening round...

Box 4 - £50! Great start... the Banker says he very nearly used his Replay there but wants to keep its leverage for the later stages!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The Banker says that he's been inspired by listening to "Popular Song" and wants to be Wicked! ;) Make your prediction and get those yellow boxes in the mix...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:25 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

I've literally drawn a blank here, looking at those lyrics I can only find a reference to a fancy car? I'm swerving from the hint and based on the fact you were listening to an absolute banger from FM-84 immediately before it...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£8,400

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Well, he was being Wicked because the chorus of that song is nabbed (presumably with permission) from "Popular" from the musical of that name! ;)

As for the offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,500

...he clearly wasn't wicked enough, THAT is within the 5% band to say the least and you're adding TWO big ones plus a medium!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:27 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

YAAAAAS!

4 from Medium, 1 and 4 from Large!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Medium 4 - £12,500

Large 1 - £40,000

Large 4 - £200,000!

Those replace the £750, £1,000, and £5,000 boxes... oh boy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

At £8,500, Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:32 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

The two extremes of the large boxes, happy with that outcome! It's a NO DEAL! *pretends to be shocked*

3, 13 and 8 up next please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

A seriously WILD turn of events as Aaron does something that's literally NEVER been not done before! ;)

Box 3 - £12,500, the lowest yellow...

Box 13 - £250,000! :( Not that we can say "no jackpot win here" with these rules...

Box 8 - £500! So, now you have to decide if that's a round you want to keep... you've lost the jackpot but you aren't lacking for other big numbers!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:37 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Interesting, but especially for a psychological advantage and with having a £200k box on there, I'll bear the brunt of that and keep hold of my replay!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Well, we had an opening round where the Banker considered his replay but saved it for late-game leverage, and now a second round where the reverse scenario happened!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The Banker says that this is a game being played under Aussie rules now, and his goal is to put you behind! Prediction time?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Not quite sure where he's coming at there, so no prediction (hypo: £12,100).

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

It's not even a situation where the prediction type is clear, let's be honest!

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,370

The reference (to the way Aussie rules scoring occurs) wasn't thrown into the offer this time, not when that offer was available. You'd have snuck barely into the 10% band at £12,100... at £13,370, though, Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:49 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Should really have considered that, but it's too early to tell what sort of prediction will help me yet - NO DEAL for now thanks!

18, 22 and 6 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Your quest for an elite game continues. You still have your replay, but if you do storm into the aqua don't forget he too can turn back time!

Box 18 - £200,000! Well, that might influence things...

Box 22 - £100...

Box 6 - £15,000 and the decision is now on you as to whether you want to use your replay!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:54 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Aaron's DoND [97 - April Fools' 2018]

Very tempting to play it at this point, but even without those three boxes this is a very strong £100k-high board, so I'm actually going to save my replay here and hope I can reap the benefits of it later!

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]