Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Warnings: 0
Well it's been a long time since I've been here as a host, but I'm back (and ABC will be put to the side fo the time being), and KP will be playing the first game back after our hiatus!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

You remember those sixtwists don't you? Let's hope one of them is about to guide you to a fortune tonight!

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:35 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [90]
International Forums Moderator

Number 4, please :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:39 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [90]

Number 4...

It's our good old Unlimited Minutes! You're in control of the phone, and you can get offers whenever you like! Box 19 has been randomly allocated to you, and away we go! Good luck!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:41 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [90]

I've had a fair few of those!

Going with my usual tactic of hitting all the evens, Box 8 first and then ascending order, to get what in this case will be an 11-box offer!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Alrighty, up the evens we go!

8 - £50,000 isn't quite what we wanted to kick off...

2 - £750 is more like it!

4 - £100

6 - £1

10 - £250,000! Well that would have been a horrid Round 1 in standard game terms, but we have six boxes now to try and recover as best as we can from that!

12 - £250 the blue one this time!

14 - £50

16 - £10, let's keep 'em coming...

18 - £15,000 - nothing higher than that please...

20 - £35,000 - getting uncomfortable!

22 - 10p! That brings us to the half way mark!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:46 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:48 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

** RING **

Well the Banker loved that round as a whole, but thinks that you may me slightly more risk averse now that the ceiling has been brought down to £100k, so he can't afford to be cheap with you!

I need your initial ofer prediction please, make it count, we'll be replacing £1k £3k and £5k momentarily with some yellow boxes!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:51 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Well, the colour balance is nice, so naturally I get that in an Aaron yellow box game :P

The Banker might be stingier because I'm losing oranges...? £214.5k on the board, though, and only four blues still can't be that bad a thing. Half the mean would be almost £10k, I'm pretty sure it's short of that...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£8,700

It puts £9.5k and £7,950 both in the 10% bracket, and anything between those two would leave me entirely unsurprised!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Coming in at eight-seven...

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,750

... and you were just £50 out!! 0.57% means you get to add two large and one medium yellow out of the sets of five boxes! What will they be?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:53 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Blimey. I thought about £8,750 as well but I can't exactly complain!

Medium 1, large 3 and 4.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:57 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Here they come then...

1M - £7,500

3L - £40,000
4L - £125,000

... and you have a new jackpot!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

But the offer stands, as he's not in control of the phone, at £8,750. Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:59 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

NO DEAL, obviously.

Let's go with 15 and 21.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:01 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Clearly! Two boxes...

15 - £500! Just three remain!

21 - £5!! And now just two!!

Would you like to make a call now or keep on going?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

I'll go with the call here!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:05 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

** RING **

The Banker really regrets the decision to allow us to use these yellow boxes in Season 3! His atitude has changed a lot and now is trying to get you out of that chair as soon as possible!

But how generous has he been? Do you feel confident to post your second prediction here?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

I was anticipating doing some sort of damage and predicting £17,450 (the sum of my prediction and the actual offer), but that's clearly inadequate for this board. No prediction here.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:08 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

Well it's not quite that...

BANKER'S OFFER

£28,888

THAT is where we are already, because of the sheer strength of that board!! But then again, you're in control of the phone...

... but at £28,888 David... Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:09 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

I might have gravitated towards £26k if I did have a prediction, and bang on that number would have left me agonisingly out of the 10% band. I suspect that's why this is the offer, to be honest!

NO DEAL, because of that stability and the fact I have the prediction in my pocket for some sort of bonus. I'll open two to prove I'm not afraid: 11 and 13 are those two.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [91]

I'm loving this game already, how much higher can we take it?!

11 - 50p!! You aren't about to... you know... are you?!?!

13 -
£100,000! No you aren't, but it's far from a disaster - even with the £250k out of play! What a bizarre turn of events!

It's your call now if you want to make a call yourself...

[ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]