Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:02 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

Warnings: 0
14, it really has to be anything but the £100k now for you Ben...

14 -
£100! That's exactly what you needed! BT...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Boxes left: [6] 12 19

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

Ben's offer is in, Leah's hypo offer is in, and after that big decision, it's gonna be the twentieth box from Leah.

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:05 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

Ahahaha, he didn't take the deal! I was kind of hoping for that (can't argue with another chance to get away with the win), but at the same time I had a feeling that given the way the offers have been going (in particular how far above the fair deal my bailout was) there'd be a reasonable case for it. Anyways...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£20,002

Well that costs me my guarantee of OPW points along with almost certainly the win (unless I pull something off with 23).

Last edited by JDGA on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:06 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

SERIOUSLY, Banker???!!! :smt011 :smt019

I'm not taking an offer THAT poor regardless of the circumstances, so NO DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:08 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

:shock:
Ben, what's going on over there?!
What are you even doing, surely there's no way that offer was lower than my deal! If you're letting your pride get to you, you're just giving me another free shot at knocking out the £100k...

Last edited by JDGA on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

19, HUGE swing on this now...

19 -
£10,000! FINE! Ben's at the climax of the game with £1 and £100,000 left! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

He wasn't satisfied with his last offer it seems, but he's got a new one now, and what does he make of that?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:15 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

2 boxes, £100,000, and just one question: Orry or No Orry?

Let's do an Orry. :shock: :eyes:

NO DEAL and to avoid emulating Orry's game ending, NO SWAP.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:17 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£26,000

Right, so this is the part where you offer Ben £34,999 to force the idea of four points for a six-figure win into his head. That way he can no-deal again and throw it all away!

...wait he actually did it yessssssssssss

Last edited by JDGA on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:18 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

This could be THE biggest result of this competition so far...

Ben's been dissatisfied enough with his series of offers that he's played to the bitter end of this intriguing game!

Leah ducked out at 5-box. It clearly won't be the dizzy heights of the big red that's up there on the board...

... has Ben just won it...?

6 -
£1!! It was a gamble that DIDN'T pay off I'm so sorry!! :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 The SWAP would have brought Box 12 and a huge £100,000 to the table...

... and with that, it's over to Box 23.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

We KNOW the five items on that #moneymenu:

DOUBLE
    +£15,000

MONEY BACK
    HALF
    NOTHING

This is an obvious choice for one of you, and an agonising choice for the other... But I put it to you, Ben, Leah... would you like to purchase Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:20 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

I have no idea how I got away with that.
NO DEAL to 23, hypo 4.

Last edited by JDGA on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:21 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

:( :( :( :smt011 :smt011 :smt011

DEAL and Option 3 for Box 23, please.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

Thank you guys, I will post the results in a couple of minutes once I've added everything up...

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:23 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

Good game!
I'm gonna go through and edit my previous posts with my commentary, so that future readers don't have to put up with Davaoism. :P

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:27 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

I knew I set myself up for failure by mentioning Orry's game. :cry: :P

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:30 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

We'll start with Ben, who had these offers...

Offer 1: £10,000
    Offer 2: £13,020.20
    Offer 3: £20
    Offer 4: £8,520
    Offer 5 (4-box): £13,020.19
    Offer 6 (3-box): £18,500
    Offer 7: £25,000

All those offers were rejected, and then he crashed to £1 from Box 6. He purchased Box 23 and then landed on Option 3...

... and it was HALF, for 50p!

I think we know how this went, but let's take a look at Leah's offers...

Offer 1: £10,000
    Offer 2: £12,800
    Offer 3: £1,020
    Offer 4: £10,200
    Offer 5 (5-box): £12,801 - DEAL
    Offer 6 (3-box): £20,002
    Offer 7: £26,000

She dealt, avoided Option 4 in Box 23 which would've been +£15,000 to take her up to £27,801!

Bizarrely, even though this is the biggest cash game of Group B so far, it's the lowest scoring in terms of points! Ben doesn't gain any points for that performance, and Leah just gets the 4 points for the victory! Table coming up...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:33 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

Table!

1. Davao - 10
    2. JDGA - 4
    ------
    3. American Coupon Boy - 4
    4. StatsMan - 2

Leah sitting above the cut-off line just by her total winnings, but she has an extra game in hand over Ben! Things aren't looking good for him, but will he be able to recover matters in this third and final group game against Andy?!

Anyway, join us tomorrow when we play more cup games and reach the climax of Archie and Paul's battle! See you then! :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:33 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

If anything that validates my decisions, as I would've lost to Leah even if I dealt at 2 box!!!!!

I'm looking forward to getting revenge In the next game, Banker. :evil:

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:50 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: ABC - Group B: American Coupon Boy vs. JDGA [90]

There we go, thanks for hosting! Definitely a lot of fun to think about the game with a different objective in mind, and I'd love to compare notes with Ben later. (I still have no idea how I got away with that)

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]