Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:57 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

Warnings: 0
Not expecting a huge uplift unless I hit the 20% chance of a big red/£500k finish, so I think it's taxi time (*shudders at the thought of when that phrase was frequently used*).

The question is which offer should I take?

Since I already lucked out hitting one (roughly) 1 in 6 chance and that's really what I'll be playing for if I take the £100k, I'll gladly DEAL the £130,000. :D :smt023

8, 2 and 4, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:59 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]
International Forums Moderator

I thought you would take the £100k given that you had the floor of twice the £50k you like to shoot for on big boards and the ceiling of overtaking Archie for #1, which I figured was a big deal to you.

Can't argue with either option though. And I'd have likely taken the 8-box offer so what do I know? :smt046

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:03 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

ALRIGHT! £130,000 is yours Ben, what an incredible result!! :D :D Let's validate that now ad wipe out the other six-figure boxes!

8 - £80,000! It would've gone right down the middle...

2 - £200,000!! RIGHT on the cliff edge...

4 -
10p!!! It'd have been half a grand or half a million at this point!! Oh my word...

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

** RING **

The Banker wants a couple of minutes thinking time while he evaluates the situation... :ponder:

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

Looks like someone's going to finish this game immensely relieved. :!:

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

** RING **

We've never been in this situation before, says the Banker. You're a formidable opponent, he recognises that, and he would love to give you one final agonising decision...

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S SPECIAL GAMBLE

He says hand back your £130,000 and he will let you continue in live play. If you win the half a million, the rest of the game will play out as normal, with Box 23 and the Bonus Box. However, if you end up with the £500 box, you won't leave with £500. You'll leave with 19p and a T-Shirt that says " The Banker wiped the floor with me", and you will NOT be able to open Box 23...

No one's EVER had a decision like this in this series Ben. You've taken this game to places we've never been to before, but could you be our first HALF-MILLIONAIRE?!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

I think you have a good case to deal this. You can always burn the T-shirt in a room where there's no cameras. :smt046

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:24 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

So the Banker has turned this into a 10p/£500k finish, then.

Regardless, I've made my decision at 5 box whether or not to take this on...........

Quote:
DEAL
and NO SWAP :shock: :shock: :shock: sdgthju sdgthju sdgthju

A 50% chance of setting myself up for life and cementing my place as the top winner of the series is too good to pass up.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:26 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

Rather you than me, Ben.

You were absolutely right to plan for this at the prior offer, though. Hope I didn't steal your luck on the similar decision in Archie's series...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:30 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

AND JUST LIKE THAT! You've handed back to the Banker all of one hundred and thirty thousand pounds...

The highest win of this entire show so far has been Archie, who took the Banker for £168,000...

After the most incredible Super 6 game we've seen, we're not playing for our standard jackpot of a quarter of a million pounds...

... it's for that half a million...

... and if you do win it, you're probably going out of here with even more than that...

This really is the moment of the whole series so far. Ben, I wish you the VERY best of luck...

Box 1...

has...

£500 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And that's that... Holy *beep* I don't even know what to say... Well, it goes without saying what was in Box 6...

A couple of minutes ago you had a hold of a hundred and thirty grand, and instead... You're leaving us with just 19p and that horrid T-shirt that says "The Banker wiped the floor with me" :smt009 :smt009

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

I'm in utter disbelief! I had such a strong feeling at the start of this game that we were onto something special, and we really were! We haven't seen a Super 6 quite like that, and Ben played it perfectly... and then the Banker made the perfect call at the climax of the game! It could have gone either way, and unfortunately, it's an astounding victory for the Banker.

That said, Benjamin Rodriguez... THANK YOU for that game, that was incredible, it's just a shame we can't give you any more than that! Give it up for Ben!!

Oh my word, who on Earth is going to want to follow that up?! There's one game left to be played before we start the Aaron Brock Cup, and there's still one slot remaining if anybody wants it. Join us next time, who knows what will happen!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:34 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

Is the Banker willing to but back the shirt for a reasonable price of £500? :P

Not being willing to leave Box 4 to the end and risk swapping for it ended up being my downfall after all. :( :( :cry: :cry:

JDGA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [83]

Who knows, maybe one day in the distant future you'll be able to sell the shirt for half a million as a collector's item?

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]