Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:04 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Warnings: 0
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:05 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

** RING **

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£32,000

Because of the two boxes you could take through that Bonus Box... Next three, no more shenanigans, what would they have been?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]
International Forums Moderator

Wow.

In retrospect I should have kept that round as I'd have had a 91% chance (with two attempts) of keeping £50k or £75k and having the threat of the BB ramp up the offer. But what a proveout and it's not even done... 5, 3, 1...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Where would this have headed to now?

5 - £15,000! Tells us absolutely nothing...

3 - £1!! Oh no... Would you have guaranteed yourself £50,000 at this stage?!

1 - £200,000!! Glad to see that aren't we?! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:12 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:15 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

** RING **

The Banker has really enjoyed this battle, that he doesn't want it to end here...

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S PARTIAL GAMBLE

He says, hand back £20,500 and he will let you go on in live play, to take home the remainder £4,000 plus whatever's in the Box you wish to open on the table...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:19 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

So I'd be putting £4,100 through 23 or £54,000 through the BB if I took this on.

MM on the former is £8.2k/£19.1k/£4.1k/£2.05k/zip. I'd value that at maybe £5.5k. BB bumps up to an EV of £72k, call it £70k with the uncertainty.

Would I take £24,500 on a £5k/£70k finish? Not convinced. So it's a DEAL to this!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:20 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Question is would £24,500 be a marginal decision for you on a £5k/£75k finish.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:21 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Alright! You've given £20,500 away... Was that a really clever or a really stupid move on the Banker's behalf?

Time for the easiest question you've had all game... Would you like to SWAP?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Question is would £24,500 be a marginal decision for you on a £5k/£75k finish.

Read it the same way. :) It probably would be but I'd find it difficult not to play on, especially when that "£70-£75k" offers the outside shot of six figures.

Swap, obviously. Bring on 17 :)

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:24 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Here we go, we send 21 away and we bring 17 to the table...

... this could suddenly become one of our biggest games ever, if you made the right call to hand back your money and to swap the box...

... I really hope I'm about to lift the lid on a £50k box. Ready? Here we go...

17 - £50,000!! YES!!! AMAZING WORK DAVID!!! You swapped away that £100 in 21! Wow...

Box 23 time!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

#moneymenu:

DOUBLE (£108,000 & BB)
    +£15,000 (£69,000 & BB)

MONEY BACK (£54,000 & BB)
    HALF (£27,000)
    NOTHING

There is only one horrible option up there, but would you like to purchase Box 23 with your £54,000? Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Apparently I get my big wins from Undeals these days. ;)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Of course it's a NO DEAL. Hypo 2, let's rush through...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:29 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Perfick. BB time...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:30 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Here's dessert...

DOUBLE (£108,000)
    ADD HALF (£81,000)
    +30% (£70,200
    +20% (£64,800)
    +10% (£59,400)
    MONEY BACK (£54,000)

You've won £108k once, can you do it again?! 1-6 please to determine how high in that Top 20 you're about to place...

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Let's have 1!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:37 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Number 1, for up to one hundred and eight thousand pounds...

It's not, but you win £70,200! While the Banker was enjoying himself earlier, I'm sure he isn't now!! Perfectly played, and a cracking result, well done! :smt023

Who knows what the next game will bring, but hopefully we can put somebody else on that Top 20 list! Join us then to find out :D

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [77]

Top non-round amount on the menu, nice :smt023

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]