Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Almost a 20% chance of £250k is massively tempting, and I'd need horrendous bad luck not to have at least one more opportunity to leave with very significant money, which gives me plenty of latitude to give into temptation! NO DEAL!

Odds now, with 13, 15, and 19.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:07 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

Alrighty! It's time to come down those odds...

13 - £10,000! More than fine!

15 - £75,000! That hurts... £5k down now will be great!

19 - £10!! Excellent stuff! Three of your Power 5 still up there and just three blues! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:08 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
]

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:09 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

** RING **

He concedes that you were right, ni that there was another opportunity in this game for you to leave with a significant sum of money. But this is it he says, don't blow it...

BANKER'S OFFER

£45,678

My oh my... What do we make of that?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

There's definitely an argument for both decisions here...

...to be honest I'm almost wondering if I should make a counteroffer involving Box 23 here... But it's pretty easy to get over any regrets when you're talking about that sort of win, it's a DEAL!

11, 7, 9 post-deal.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

And we have a DEAL! Another Power 5 win for you, but we have Box 23 to consider at the end of this, so let's see how this would have unfolded...

11 - £50,000! Decent start!

7 - 50p! Oof

9 - £5,000! And that would have been rather nice! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:32 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:37 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

** RING **

The Banker has been thinking about something like this for a while, and he thinks this could be a place to try it out...

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S ONE-BOX GAMBLE

In the usual Banker's Gamble scenario, he offers the player the chance to undo their deal and continue in live play. In this instance, he is proposing that you give back SOME of your deal to return into live play, but you must put one of your two boxes (your decision) back out into the wings. At that point, you will be able to continue in live play as if this was a standard Deal game.

In this instance, he says hand him back £30,678 and he will let you play on a per a standard game. This would leave you still with £15,000 plus whatever you win out of the main game, but is it worth the gamble, David? Deal means you'll hand back that money and we go into live play. No Deal, and we continue the Two Boxes proveout...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

Loving that setup!!

I think that the £15k is enough of a fallback to make me feel able to put that on the line, especially as the offers on a one-box game will have to reflect the fact I've actually got a £15k kicker rather than a high blue or orange one.

I'd Deal £30,678 in regular play on that 5-box, but it's a DEAL to this offer to play it out with a bonus £15k!

Bring 21 back, open it immediately, then pair it with 5 and 3...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:49 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

Here we go! You still have £15k safe whatever happens, but you've put over £30k on the line... Was that a wise gamble? We're about to find out...

21 - £1,000!! That's all it was worth!! Good start...

If 5 is a blue, this could lead us to a phenomenal climax...

5 -
£250,000!!! Gahhh! In the nineteenth box!! :smt011 :smt011 It's all about hanging onto that £35k now...

3 -
£35,000!! What a horrific crash!! :smt009 :smt009 Incredibly lucky call from the Banker, but you're not bankrupt, that's for sure!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:50 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:51 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

** RING **

He says that was really bad fortune on your behalf David, but you still have two opportunities to leave with £30k here. For now, rather obviously, it's...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£623

And of course, you can swap if you wish.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:02 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

Well the good news is that I didn't turn down every single offer :lol:

DEAL that, obviously. I'll need a bit of a think on 23!!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:06 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

And it's a DEAL! And in Box 17? £750! Meh, I suppose :P Box 1 had the £500! And now it's Box 23 time...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:09 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

You now have £15,623! And now we have this Money Menu:

DOUBLE (£31,246)
    +£15,000 (£30,623)
    ADD HALF (£23,434.50)

HALF (£7,811.50)
    NOTHING (£0)

What an interesting set of five we have there... But is it worth purchasing Box 23 with £15,623 David... Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

It's definitely a close call here... But when I took that 5-box decision, I did so thinking it was that £15(.5)k floor that made the difference, so it's only consistent to keep that floor intact. NO DEAL (would have been 4).

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:15 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [55]

Keeping the money, no complaints there! Box 23, all along, had...

You'd have been inflated by over £7.8k but it's still a fair result out of a cracking game! You leave with £15,623 David, thanks for playing! :D

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]