Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 pm Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:58 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:15 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Warnings: 0
The Banker has a wide range of possible offers after that round, so I'll abstain once more. Would've predicted £16,500.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:16 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

£16,500 would have been your prediction...

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,500

Not quite, but you're getting closer! That'd have been less than 14% away...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:19 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Glad I didn't pull the trigger there. Let's hope the next offer is a bit easier to predict, as once again this one is nowhere near enough for the circumstances.

NO DEAL and open 18, 16, and 14 next.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:23 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Three easy calls it seems, let's see what the Banker will make of that at 8-box! Three more for now, let's keep 'em £3k downwards!

18 - £10,000! Well that's not too bad...

16 - £20,000!! Now it's down to just two boxes... We need a blue here!

14 -
£100,000!!! What a horrible round!! And now we're chasing one box, thankfully you have double the chance of winning it!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:23 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:25 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

** RING **

"Awww, poor Ben!" he says, in between fits of laughter... He urges you to take the offer he's just made and not to leave here looking like a fool!

He wants you to take it Ben, but what do you think it is? Is it time to post a prediction?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:28 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]
International Forums Moderator

A £50k/low reds/blues 5-box might draw £5k at a push and this is marginally better than that because of the 25% chance of £50k. I'd be thinking £5,500 for my prediction here.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:29 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

I'm not sure the Banker will make a serious bid here, so I'll decline. I would've predicted £4,950.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:32 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Again, saving the prediction. It will make it easier later, perhaps, but for now...

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,000

Can you save the £50k until 5-box, or is it now time to bow out?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:34 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Slightly tempting even with my prediction still in play, but with a 62.5% chance of keeping the £50k I think this is worth another round.

NO DEAL and let's see what 10, 8 and 6 contain.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:37 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Hedging your bets, we've seen this twist work well for its players, and we haven't seen it go wrong yet. Let's hope it's not today, this game...

10 - £3,000! I think you're willing to sacrifice that!

8 - £50,000! And there it is... What awful awful luck :smt009 :(

6 - £1,000! Oh you have got to be *beep* kidding me... :smt011 :smt011 BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:38 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:39 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

** RING **

He was rather smug, and is so relieved to see how even the most dangerous twist to him can actually work in his favour. For now, he's made his offer...

You still have that prediction to make, so how about making it now? Or will you wait until 3-box?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:43 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

Yeah, I'm not particularly fond of this tale either. I think I'll stick to Once Upon a Time and Miraculous Ladybug in the future. :P

No Prediction, NO DEAL to whatever the offer is and open boxes 2 and 4, please.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:44 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

That is astonishingly bad luck. It's like me with Red Mist.

Hilariously, you could still win £25,500.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:44 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

No prediction... and it's NO DEAL to...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£249

Let's mop this up...

2 - 50p! Guarantees you £100 at least...

4 - £100! And that guaranteed £250! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:46 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

** RING **

It's your final chance at which you can make that prediction so you need to post one... With a guaranteed £250 and a 2/3 shot at £500, where has he pitched this?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:49 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

That is somehow a really valuable round!

I'd predict £399 here.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

It's almost certainly somewhere between £400 and £416.66 unless the Banker is taking the royal *beep*, so the question is what to go for? :ponder:

Obviously not the button, and since I have only a 1 in 7 chance of benifiting from the Box 23 boost, let's go for CASH IN HAND.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£400

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:56 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [52]

£400... This has really narrowed it down to a point where you can really cash in on that particular type of prediction... He's actually in at...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£399

... meaning you're 0.25% away meaning you've managed to salvage £5,000! There is light at the end of the tunnel after all :D

But let's clean this up and go to 23. £399 Ben, Deal or No Deal?

[ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]