Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:13 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:42 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Warnings: 0
On we go!

Box 13... £3,000! Fine! What now?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:43 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]
International Forums Moderator

DING DING!

I'd like an offer!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:45 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

I'd go for £16,500 here.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:45 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Offer time!!

** RING **

The Banker says he wasn't playing funny games last time... But is he playing funny games now?

Time to decide David, is it prediction time?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:47 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Yeah, and I'll make it for CASH IN HAND.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£17,500

Puts the £16k in the 10% range!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Cash in Hand time at £17,500...

BANKER'S OFFER

£16,020

He WAS playing you this time but even still, you've got a nice safety net of £3,000 with an error of 9.24%!

But it's your call at £16,020... Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:54 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

That was what i defended against, whilst going up enough that I wasn't in a bad position if it did go up in the way it would've normally done!

NO DEAL here, and I'll call in the Banker for a serious bid for the box after opening 11!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:56 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Given the Banker will likely be more generous with the next offer now that the blue fear is completely eliminated, I'd definitely go another box.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

We play on! £3k in the bag, how influential will that be? Let's see...

11 - £250,000!! Very uncomfortable hit, but you still have the 75 backed up by 20!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Bah. Oh well. The game isn't over and I've got £3k minimum!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

** RING **

He's not sure what to make of you now, having £3k bagged in a lower stakes game may make you even more of a gambler in this game! So he's in with...

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,000

It would bring you up to a total of £10k if you decided not to buy Box 23!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Well, that's a strange idea considering I very much would buy Box 23 for £7,000 in this setup. ;)

Happy to NO DEAL with the cushion I have, and then call in the Banker after number 9.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Edging closer to the end now, we need 9 to be good for you...

9 - 1p!!! EXACTLY what we needed right there! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:02 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

** RING **

The Banker's intrigued by the comment you made earlier about buying Box 23 with £7,000. So you're not just getting the one offer here...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,000

OR

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,000 & NO 23

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

Was anticipating £10k might be the offer here, interesting to see the fixed offer thrown in as well!

My money menu on a £10k stake would be £30k/£20k/£25k/£10k/zip. EV of £17k, and I'm not too afraid of the zero when I have an orange in the bag.

NO DEAL to the fixed £13k offer... DEAL to the £10k to put on 23!

Would've kept going down the odd numbers with an offer after every box.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

I'd definitely take one of these offers, and it would probably be the £10,000 given Box 23's set-up giving you a 60% chance of turning that into £20,000+.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I'd definitely take one of these offers, and it would probably be the £10,000 given Box 23's set-up giving you a 60% chance of turning that into £20,000+.

Yeah, I was anticipating the £10k offer and was preparing to take it because the enhanced Box 23 I've got gave me an incentive to take a solid mid-range Deal. I might have been sorely tempted by the fixed offer if I didn't have the £3k locked in, but of course I did, so it wasn't that close a call.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:12 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [51]

£10,000 is yours! We're going to take that to 23 at the end of this, that's if he doesn't want to play with any gambles as this proveout pans out!

7 - £5!! Well it would've been the perfect start...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£13,500 / £17,000 & NO 23

5 - £750! Even better!! :|

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£17,500 / £22,500 & NO 23

3 - £500!! All the blues would have gone now!! £1k minimum from the main game...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£25,000 / £32,000 & NO 23

1 - £75,000! Phew! :)

£1,000 vs £20,000 and we'd have been down at...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£9,500

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]