Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:11 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:11 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:07 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Warnings: 0
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

** RING **

The Banker admits he was a little cruel at the last call, so he wants to give you an opportunity...

BANKER'S OFFER

ONE MORE PREDICTION

... and it concerns Box 23. If you agree to this, you need to predict the offer he's just told me. Get it within 10% and he'll replace HALF with another DOUBLE card. Get it within 5% and he'll replace NOTHING with a TRIPLE card, but if you're outside of 10% he'll replace your DOUBLE card with NOTHING!

What do you think, do you want to take on his extra prediction here?

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

I'm... honestly not really sure at all what kind of territory I can expect for this offer, so I might have to be soft and say NO DEAL...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:22 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Rejecting the Box 23 prediction gamble, so what's the offer?

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,800

Almost double your last!

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:27 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

And... that was why, I would have gone way low on that! :oops:
It's getting a little tighter now, but the P5 block is still holding very strong, and the £10k is doing alright as well. If we can drop a few more blues, I think this could easily wind up in very scary territory for the Banker! So for now... NO DEAL!

I'll run one more conventional round before slowing down so I can use the button, so 8, 20, 10 please!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:29 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Let's play another conventional round!

8 - £10,000! That's the fallback gone!

20 - £50,000! Thaaaat's not comfortable, now this HAS to be blue to draw 4-4 at 8-box...

10 - £3,000! Completes an all-red, but there's two big boxes up there AND you have a live button! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:32 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:33 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

** RING **

The Banker says you suffered a very damaging round there, but he says you should ignore that button you have got and take this VERY generous...

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,800

... stick!

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:40 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Hmm... This is a pretty tough spot. If I lose the £75k, I'm pretty much guaranteed a crash of some magnitude. Even if it's just the £35k I lose, that'll force the offer to stay much further down than I'd like... it feels like the only way to get the offer to do much in the upwards direction is to hold on to both.
That said, a stick is kind of rude, so... I'm gonna say NO DEAL!

But why would I ignore the offer button I have right here? I'm gonna PRESS THE BUTTON right away :P

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:45 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

It's a NO DEAL, and a very interesting move!!

** BUTTON **

** RING **

The Banker says you've basically told him that you want to Deal at this point, so he thinks it isn't necessary to go more than exactly 50% of the average!

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,250.58

Has that plan backfired or is this exactly what you wanted to use it for, Leah?

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:48 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Yeah, that's what I expected, it's a DEAL!
I mean hey, I was talking myself into dealing anyway, so why not take the best offer I can get?

12, 16, 19, 22, 21 for the proveout.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:55 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

There it is, the button worth precisely £450.58 to you there! Now to see if that was the right thing to do...

12 - £35,000! Now we'd have been at a one-box game! Half the average now a little under £10,900...

16 - 50p!

19 - £500! Gah!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Where would we have been at now?

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£17,777

Because there's now a 40% chance of you taking him for £75k! Then what would have happened?

22 - £10! Perfect!

21 - £1!! Oh my word!! You'd have had a 2 in 3 shot at the £75k now!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

And now?

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£36,666

Coming up to three times your deal! Now would you have swapped 2 or 7 away for Box 3?

Last edited by Aaron Brock on Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:56 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Ah, geeze... NO SWAP I think.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:03 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

No Swap and here goes...

2 - £1,000
7 - 1p!! You never had it, because it was over in Box 3 all along! Now it's time for Box 23...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Now there's only one bad option on this money menu...

DOUBLE (£26,501.16)
    +£15,000 (£28,250.58)

MONEY BACK (£13,250.58)
    HALF (£6,625.29)
    NOTHING (£0)

How does it take you though Leah? For £13,250.58... Would you like to buy Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:11 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

At the risk of pressing my luck a little too far... DEAL, Option 4

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:14 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Nobody's bought it with a reasonable sum in a while... I hope this will inspire your fellow players to do so! Number 4...

NOTHING (£0)
    DOUBLE (£26,501.12)
    HALF (£6,625.29)
    +£15,000 (£28,250.58)
    MONEY BACK (£13,250.58)

PERFECT! What a result there Leah, you've gone more than double all the way to £28,250.58!! Great job! :D

Once Ben returns to complete his game, it's time to finally reveal how Mark, KP, Leah, Archie and Ben all did, and who will be playing our very special fiftieth game! Join us next time :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]
International Forums Moderator

Nicely done! Think I'd have risked it more in the main game and not on 23, but some nice flair in how the button was used to maximise the Deal!

Good game with a gloriously wacky result :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

That's why I specifically made it a rule in my series that the Offer Button can be used at any non-standard stage of the game. ;-)

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:43 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Aaron's DoND [44]

Given my #47 was taped before this one, I think that might explain my cautious deal here a little.

[ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]