Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:49 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:49 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Warnings: 0
It's a DEAL! £45,000 is yours meaning you're sitting on a total of £55,000 - right now, that is, but let's just see how we get on with these next two...

5 - £50,000! We need the 75 to follow that now...

3 - 50p!! Gahhh, you'd now have been guaranteed £20k with a 2 in 3 shot at £75k!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£53,000

We'd have been back up to your peak! You won't miss £8k if that remains the peak...

The final question to ask, as the SWAP is always offered in my game, is would you have brought Box 1 to the table? If so, which of your two boxes would you swap it for?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]
International Forums Moderator

I'd have swapped in 1 for 13.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

With that, the table was all your decision! Let's see what two boxes you had in front of you...

Bpx 1 - £75,000
Box 17 - £500

Our third biggest box would have come to the table, and the box you were paired with that the beginning, Box 13 had £20,000!

You could make up some of those losses now, though...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:11 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Right, you have £55,000! £10,000 of that is home and dry whatever happens, but the other £45k could take you up to a six-figure win! Here's Box 23 and the money menu...

DOUBLE (£90,000)
    +£15,000 (£60,000)

MONEY BACK (£45,000)
    HALF (£22,500)
    NOTHING (£0)

So with ten grand safe, would you like to gamble your £45,000 main-game winnings on our new Box 23, Deal or No Deal? I'll need your option 1-5 whatever you do.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:11 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

There's zero chance Box 23 is being dealt with this set-up and KP in the chair.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:13 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]
International Forums Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
There's zero chance Box 23 is being dealt with this set-up and KP in the chair.

Yes, because I can add up. ;)

NO DEAL, number 3 for the hypo.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:15 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

The money is safe! Let's see what it would have been though...

+£15,000 (£60,000)
    MONEY BACK (£45,000)
    DOUBLE (£90,000)
    NOTHING (£0)
    HALF (£22,500)

Oh shi, it would have been the double! Hundred grand could've been yours, instead, it's still an incredibly meaty £55,000 including the £10k from your prediction at 11-box!

A Tale of Two Boxes is going to be an incredible twist to this game, and I look forward to seeing more of it in the future! We will see you tomorrow night for another edition of Aaron's DoND! :smt023

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]