Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:53 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Warnings: 0
Good evening and welcome to Aaron's DoND with BRAND NEW RULES! Giving it its pilot spin is KP!

He's been allocated Box 13 for his game but before we begin, we're gonna put a bit of a twist in proceedings!

HAPPY 2017
    A TALE OF TWO BOXES
    KNOWING BANKER
    BLUE BUSTER
    UNLIMITED MINUTES

Let's randomise those, and give me an option between 1 and 5 to see what our first twist will be!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]
International Forums Moderator

Let's go for number 3... hoping that it's not where the randomisation started!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Hoping to avoid the bad'un...

KNOWING BANKER
    BLUE BUSTER
    A TALE OF TWO BOXES
    UNLIMITED MINUTES
    HAPPY 2017

... and he has! A space has opened up next to Box 13, and he gets to choose a box to fill it! Once he's done that, we're underway with our first five. David, good luck!

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Oh wow. That has to be number 17... before the obligatory opening of 8, 2, 4, 6, 10!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:54 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

That's going to ramp up your chances of winning big money tonight! Let's get going!

8 - 10p! So you can't win anything less than 50p from the box now!

2 - £50!

4 - £100! Keep it going!

6 - £35,000! Let's hope that's the last of the damage...

10 - £15,000! Okay, that's not too bad! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:54 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

KP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Going to let the Banker set a generosity statement before I use that one and only prediction!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

** RING **

The Banker's not very impressed that most of these new twists are geared against him, and is especially unhappy that you've picked the Tale of Two Boxes!

He's made his offer, but do you want to make a prediction here? Remember, you can make the 23 prediction to try and beef up your final box, you can make the cash-in-hand prediction to instantly bank some money, or you can make the offer button prediction to try get that tool in your game, which may force the Banker to be more generous than he usually would be! That, or you can abstain for now and wait to make one at another offer!

What do you want to do, David?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Okay, no prediction to begin with but he's in with...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,017

... a play on your two boxes!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:03 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

I see what he did there. Nice, but NO DEAL!

16, 14, 12 now...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:07 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Playing on to round 2, off we go!

16 - £5,000! That's fine!

14 - £10,000! Pick one of those 8 blues now and we're in a really good position!

12 - 1p! The box you were never going to win, but was going to pin you down! Should be interesting to see where he goes now! BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

£26,000?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

** RING **

The Banker's still trying to get his head around what ofers to make in this new format, but is hoping he doesn't need to fork out any more than this to get you out of the chair!

The offers in, but do you want to make your prediction?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

The thing with this variation is that the higher amounts actually have a higher probability of being won. So keeping the big numbers even at the expense of low reds is a stronger move than usual!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

I'll save it for now!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:15 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

No prediction...

BANKER'S OFFER

£21,000

... but we're now into the twenties! How does that take you?

KP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:19 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

It takes me to another NO DEAL for now, even though that would be a fine amount to take home!

18-20-22...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:21 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

That might be enough for me to Deal in normal play, but with the twist nearly doubling your chances of winning big should you go all the way I'd definitely go another round.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:21 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [31]

Up we go! Hopefully, up in value too!

18 - £750! Good start!

20 - £10! Oh my, if you can pull this off now...

22 - £5!! That's incredible!! Fantastic 11-box, and that's augmented by the fact that you own two boxes, which you will win the higher of if you make it to the end! BT...

[ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]