Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 am Last visit was: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 am

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:50 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

Warnings: 0
Wonderful stuff, and this is how that Box 23 looks now!

DOUBLE
    +£35,000
    +£15,000

MONEY BACK
    HALF
    NOTHING

And we're playing on...

21 - £250 is good news!

22 - 10p! Great stuff so far...

20 - £1,000 takes us to an offer on Red, with £5k and £20k still up for grabs! BT...

Also a Eurovision enthusiast and fellow member of #teambat.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:51 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

RED BOARD:
£1
£10
£50
£5,000
£20,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:53 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

** RING **

The Banker says it's experimentation time...

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,750 & NO BOX 23

That means you would have to wager your Blue Board winnings on Box 23...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:57 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

That would be a tricky decision without the stipulation, but with the back-up of a fairly stable blue board I'm definitely not stopping here, especially as I have every intention of using this board's winnings on Box 23.

NO DEAL, and let's continue the ride with 18, 16, 14 and 12.

Profile E-mail  

KP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:58 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games
International Forums Moderator

I'm really liking that offer twist! This game has so much potential for shenanigans and I love it :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:00 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

A strong offer not enough to deter you from using Box 23 on Red. Hopefully, it's the right call!

18 - 50p! Just one actual blue left on that board and one away from an offer...

16 - £100,000! Gahh! Disappointing, but still a good position to be in! BT on Blue...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:01 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

BLUE BOARD:
£750
£3,000
£10,000
£15,000
£75,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:05 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

** RING **

The Banker is having fun playing around with options here...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£14,444

OR

BANKER'S OFFER 

£23,000 & COMPULSORY NO UPSIDE BOX 23

... which means that each of those red cards would be changed to MONEY BACK. What do you make of that?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:12 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

I knew as soon as the £250k was found that the 5 box decision on this board would probably be the big decision of the game, and it certainly is. :shock:

I'm immediately discarding the 23k, as it both caps my total winnings to (likely) just over that and puts me at risk of losing most of my winnings.

£14,444, on the other hand, is an excellent offer, and would be a definite deal on that conventional 5 box board. My red board still has a 60% chance of collapsing and a 30% chance of crashing completely on the front game, so I can't rely on that as too much of a back-up. It's a close call, but in the end I have decided to........

...........DEAL the £14,444 :smt023

14, 12, 10, 8 and 6 next.

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:17 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

£14,444 is yours! There's still 10 boxes out there so let's see how we are going forward, still in live play on Red of course...

14 - £20,000! That probably validates the decision you've just made...

12 - £75,000! Wonderful!

10 - £1 means we're still in it for £5k there...

8 - £750 would have guaranteed £3k on Blue...

6 - £10,000 means we'd have had £3,000 vs £15,000...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£8,000

We're now chasing £5k on Red, let's go get it!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

Those first 2 boxes completely validated my decision. :D

2, 4 and 9 in that order.

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

We'd love to get £5k here...

2 - £50! It means £10 plays £5,000 on Red...

** RING **

The Banker knows you wouldn't be taking a standard offer here, so he might as well try something...

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,056 & NO BOX 23

... meaning you'll have to buy Box 23 with £14,444...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:29 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

That would have to be over £5,000 to be even remotely tempting, especially as it doesn't matter too much what I bring to Box 23 on this board as long as £14,444 is secured.

NO DEAL.

4 and 9 in that order.

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:33 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

Let's clean up then!

4 - £5,000! That means it's £10 from the red board!

9 - £10 is where that was hiding!

Your Box 11 has £15,000, so not much different in the end! Box 19 had £3,000.

Now, an academic question for sure, what would you like to buy Box 23 with, £10 or £14,444? Those options again:

DOUBLE
    +£35,000
    +£15,000

MONEY BACK
    HALF
    NOTHING

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:35 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

I will definitely DEAL Box 23 with the £10, and let's hope I can turn it into an actual red amount as I choose Option 5.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:38 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

Hopefully it's one of those two additions...

MONEY BACK (£10)
+£15,000 (£15,010)
+£35,000 (£35,010)
HALF (£5)
DOUBLE (£20)
NOTHING

Unfortunately not, but an interesting contest led to a well-earned win of £14,464! Well played! :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Season 4 Test Games

I was debating between 3 and 5 as well. :(

Still not a terrible end result, and certainly an interesting format to play. :smt023

Profile E-mail  
 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]