Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:55 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:55 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and Games » Dr. Hindsight's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:34 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Warnings: 0
That was a bold move. He says he can Deal With It, but I'm not sure I can!

As I said earlier, you're opening one case at a time right now. Every case you open carries more weight than the one that preceded it.

Our old friend Mark would be pleased. You've got one blue left, and you're still in live play. If it goes, your next offer will skyrocket.

You know, it's funny. In several years of watching Le Banquier, no contestant has ever done what you're doing now. I don't know why that is. So that's to be commended.

Now, let's talk about case 7. If the jackpot's in there, it's not quite game over, but the offer will probably drop. However if there's only 400 bucks inside, you've just broken this game wide open.

[7] -
$400 - HOLY BOATS! THAT'S FANTASTIC :D! This is only our first show, and you're killing it! In your face, Julie Snyder!

A decade of Le Banquier, and no one has ever gotten this far. One episode of Mark David's Deal With It, and look what's going on. Wow, wow, wow.

*RING*

The voice on the other end of the phone speaks in a hushed tone. It only utters one thing - this.

BANKER'S OFFER

$203,000

You're David - and in a manner of speaking, so am I - and you've got an offer of Goliath proportions to contend with now.

Take plenty of time to mull this one over. I think that's warranted. And when you're done with that, let me know if you'd like to accept the offer, or if you're prepared to Deal With It.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:37 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP
International Forums Moderator

Oh my word, this is happening.

Even if I take out the $500,000, the 3-case offer will be a distinctly large amount of money. This current one, meanwhile, is below the average, and it's not that close. Those two combine to make me feel very much able to Deal With It!

Here comes my next case. Number 5. We know it's six figures, but...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

That totally just happened, folks. Over two hundred grand on the table, and just like the avatar David's had for years now, Blammo! It's gone!

I shouldn't be sweating right now, but I am! You're are staying remarkable cool about this, and that's amazing. I'd be on my third shirt right now if I was playing.

Okay, time to pull it together. I never thought I'd be saying this, but we'd really like to see a hundred grand now. In any other game, that would be a bad thing, but this clearly isn't your average game.

Can we keep the dream alive with number five?

[5] -
$100,000 - You've done it again! I can't believe what I'm seeing!

Snyderian contestants should look at this game for a perfect example of how to play Le Banquier. It's possible you could take home the jackpot, and you'd join Dan Karmy in the half-millionaires' club if you did. You've got one-in-three odds of doing so. But just remember that whatever happens, it's a guaranteed six-figure payout tonight.

*RING*

The Banker's voice is barely above a whisper now. You've got this game in a vise grip right now, and the offer reflects that.

BANKER'S OFFER

$275,000

The interesting thing about this offer is that it's the highest amount ever won on Le Banquier. Add in your $15,000 in bonus cash, and it becomes $290,000, which catapults you into the history books. But of course, the decision is yours. The $112,000 we love to make fun of is the next amount that needs to go in order to create an amazing finish.

Is this offer acceptable to you, or can you Deal With It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:56 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

I think the offer even if I reveal the half-million here will be basically what I turned down earlier.

Can I handle that? Yeah, I can Deal With It! :D

Number 3.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:11 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

No. Freaking. Way :shock:.

In a decade of Le Banquier, no one has ever made it to the final two with the $500,000 still up for grabs. This is an historic game on so many levels.

Even if the big one goes, you'll still be in the realm of six figures. Regardless of the result, case 17 will be an expensive purchase for the Banker.

What we want to see now is the $112,000. As much as I've love to see someone win it, eliminating it now would set us up for a most exciting finish.

Number 3, to bring us to the last monetary offer of the game...

[3] -
$300,000 - IT'S NOT THE HALF-MILLION! WHAT A GAME, WHAT A FINISH :D!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes :D! This is actually happening! The weird amount and the jackpot remain, setting the stage for a situation we've only seen once before. And you've won the right to play Case 27 at the end of the game, meaning you could become a millionaire if you decide to go for it.

But before we get there, we have to talk about this:

BANKER'S OFFER

$300,000

Take this, and you're in the record book. Don't take it, and you're still in the record book. It's a gargantuan offer, and it's very well deserved The originator of the offer is almost on life support, but had just enough strength to also guarantee the swap if you play on. Poor Snyder wouldn't know what to do with herself in this situation.

This game goes as far as you want to take it. Is this where it ends? Only you know the answer to that question.

Do you accept this offer, or Can. You. Deal. With. It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

That is a heck of a decision. Thank you, $112,000!

What makes this different is that the offer is very much close to the average. While playing for the jackpot has a certain appeal, and I'd be fine with $112k... I am going to take that $300k as a job very well done!

I wouldn't have swapped.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:44 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

WOW. :shock: Great job, KP. :smt023 I would've done exactly the same as you. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:56 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Welcome back to Deal With It, a new update to an old classic.

Before the break, the Banker tabled a massive final offer to our contestant - an even three hundred grand. After giving it some thought, he decided to accept it. When you factor in the bonus cash, that makes for a total of $315,000.

However, the question on everyone's minds right now is did David make a good deal after all? I won't draw this out any further. Let's open the last two cases simultaneously.

[1] - $500,000
[17] - $112,000

Well, how do you like that? All this time we were talking about the $112,000, and it was in you case all along! It's a shame you're not our first one-twelveionnaire, but you did hit the Banker up for 315 large. I don't think we've seen an incarnation of Deal ever give away that much money on a premiere episode. You're now in the Hall of Fame as our second-largest winner to date.

But the game's not over just yet, my friend. Earlier in the game, you won the right to go for Case 27. It's similar in structure to bonus boxes seen in other versions, but the options are a bit different. Here's the list.

MY$TERY MONEY: A variable amount between $10,000 and $50,000 (in $1,000 increments) is added to your score.
TIME WARP: It's just a jump to the left. Kidding. What actually happens is your winnings are increased or reduced to the value of one of the Banker's earlier offers.
DOUBLE: Same as any other version.
REFUND: Your winnings are returned to you.
HALF: Again, same as any other version.
NOTHING: Welcome to Zeroville.

Having said that, here's what could happen to your $315,000 if you decided to purchase Case 27.

+MYSTERY AMOUNT
EARLIER OFFER (1-9)
$630,000

$315,000
$157,500
EL ZIPPO

Now that you know how it works, can you deal with your $315,000, or would you like to purchase Case 27? Whether you go for it or not, give me a number from 1 to 6 to determine the result.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Not that this would influence KP'S decision, but I don't think his bonuses should be at risk with Case 27. :?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:51 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

I agree, because that wouldn't be very... Snyderian. :)

Yeah, I'm sticking with what I have. I do love Time Warp, though. That could be fun in a game that didn't go this well, i.e. "all games after this one."

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:12 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Both of you are right. If anything, this was episode was a "sneak peek" show to see how the new format would work out. Any cash bonuses won during the game will never be at risk if Case 27 comes into play again.

I had a feeling you wouldn't go for Case 27, and who would with such a large amount won? You played the perfect game, and you got my new series off to an amazing start. You leave the show tonight with a grand total of $315,000. Congratulations, and thanks for playing :).

Just for fun if you did go for it, we'd leave the $15,000 bonus aside, leaving you with your $300,000 deal. That said, which number (1 to 6) would you have picked?

KP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

It would've been 5. Whatever :)

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:23 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Number 5 would have netted you... a full REFUND.

Well, that wraps up our premiere episode. Our show got off to a big start, with David taking home an impressive $315,000.

Will our next contestant be able to Deal With It? Find out next time. Until then, good night, and good deals.

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and Games » Dr. Hindsight's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]