Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:19 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and Games » Dr. Hindsight's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:20 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Warnings: 0
The game of Deal or No Deal is simple in structure, but in reality, it's anything but. As the game progresses, things can get extremely dangerous. Not only that, but the Banker can attack at any time. Round by round, our contestants must keep the high amounts in play as the pressure mounts. It can be a harrowing experience, but only the brave can walk away wealthy as they...

Deal With It!

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Deal With It! Where Le Banquier ends, our new series begins, and I'm delighted to be at the helm of what should be an exciting game.

Our first contestant is best known as one of the co-hosts of Race To a Billion on ITV9, and also presents a unique version of Deal that I recently participated in. Give it up for KP!

Welcome to the game! If you remember Le Banquier, then you'll do fine on Deal With It. We've got 26 cases filled with money, one of which contains $112,000! And of course, there are 25 other amounts on our game board as well, including our top prize of $500,000.

Here's the board.

$1
$2
$5
$10
$20
$50
$100
$200
$300
$400
$500
$750
$1,000

----------
$5,000
Bell Mobility
$25,000
$50,000
$100,000
$112,000
$125,000
$150,000
$175,000
$200,000
$300,000
$400,000
$500,000

You'll notice a few changes to our board. Gone is the penny, replaced by a toonie ($2), while the familiar Vidéotron Mobile bonus is now Bell Mobility. Same function, though. Also gone are the Surprise and Sunwing bonuses, but they've been replaced by some fantastic new features that I'm sure you'll enjoy. Like the bonuses they've replaced, you'll find them in two of the cases that contain blue amounts.

And now, the moment of truth. It's time for you to pick the case that you think has $112,000 or more inside. Which case will it be? Give me that, plus your six case selections for Round 1, and we'll get underway.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:23 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP
International Forums Moderator

I'd like to pick case 17, please.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:26 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Case 17 is yours, good sir. Let's hope it's the one that contains $112,000, or perhaps even more than that.

Now, let's get to the opening round. You're responsible for opening six cases in Round 1, so give me your selections whenever you're ready.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:27 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

They are 8, 2, 4, 6, 10, and 12.

While I made sure to include the serial comma, I cannot ensure they are all low amounts, because that would require luck rather than grammatical skill.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:37 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Ah, the old serial - or Oxford - comma. It does this former magazine editor proud to see it used, and properly to boot.

Going with all even numbers for the opening six, so let's see what happens.

[8] - $150,000 - Not the greatest start, but using Snyderian logic, it's okay.

[2] - $20 - That's better!

[4] - Bell Mobility - And just like that, ten grand in your hands.

[6] - $25,000 - We can deal with that.

[10] - $1,000 - That's a blue in this game.

[12] - $400,000 - And that selection has us feeling blue, but it's early days.

Bit of an up-and-down kind of round, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

*RING*

The Banker says it's nice to have some work to do before Le Banquier's series finale on May 21. He's been watching you play and believes you may present a legitimate challenge to him. Here's your first offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$40,000

New question for you. Do you accept this offer, or can you Deal With It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:41 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

I'm fine with that start. It's not ideal, but ringing the Bell in the opening round and hitting only two six-figure amounts leaves room for optimism. Certainly enough room to believe that this offer will not be my best. I refuse this offer - I can Deal With It! :P

22, 14, 16, 18, and 20 provide the second chapter in this serial, but what will it tell us about the potential ending?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:52 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

That's the spirit :)! The Bell tolls for good luck and big money, and I hope you get to take home some of that tonight. We play on with the round of five.

[22] - $10 | Crystal Ball - One of our new bonuses, whose function is similar to the Game Changers in Race To a Billion. More on what this means for you later.

[14] - $175,000 - Another of the Power Nine gone, but plenty remain.

[16] - $5,000 - Honourary blue, that.

[18] - $5 - Great find!

[20] - $300 - A fine end to the round.

Okay, before we get offer number two, let's talk about the bonus you found. From this point forward, you can use Crystal Ball to predict an offer. The standard 10% window applies. If your prediction is within the window, you win $5,000. If you hit it on the nose, you win $10,000. But there is a catch, and it's this: if the prediction falls outside the window, your next five case selections will be made by our randomizer. If you use it when there are less than five cases remaining, all of them will be opened via randomizer.

So, with that said, would you like to predict the offer, or save that for later?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

I shall wait, at least for now. I think it will be easier to use later in the game.

I am rather impressed by that round, though. Definitely a positive board now.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:02 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

It's sure looking that way, given the great safety net you have.

We're forgoing the prediction for now, so the offer will arrive via the standard means.

BANKER'S OFFER

$61,000

A solid round gives the offer a healthy increase. But is 61 grand enough for you?

David, do accept this offer, or can you Deal With it?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

It's enough for me to be pleased... it's not enough to deter me. I can Deal With It!

We'll go with 23, 24, 25, and 26 now.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

We're Dealing With It, and now we're dealing with the four cases on the top row of the gallery.

[23] - $200 - Great start!

[24] - $50,000 - Another red gone, but it's not among the Power Nine.

[25] - $125,000 - That one is, however.

[26] - $750 - Completing the blue sandwich.

And now, the question before the actual question, Crystal Ball or offer?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

This feels like it should have gone up moderately. As the last round took out an almost identical amount of money, I'm going to predict an identical uplift.

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

$82,000

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:21 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

So the prediction has been made. Logic would dictate that a round like that would surely produce an increase to the next offer. We're about to find out just how good of a prediction you made.

BANKER'S OFFER

$81,000

A phenomenal prediction! You missed out on an additional $10,000 by only a grand, but you do receive an additional $5,000, taking your bonus stash to $15,000.

Now, for the real question. Do you accept this offer, or can you Deal With It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Ooh, I was definitely right in the zone. A shame about the extra thousand. Oh well.

I can Deal With It for now, as I believe this game is still not at its peak, and I have a nice $15,000 to fall back on if I overpursue.

The next three will be 15, 19, and 21.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:34 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

We've not reached the peak of the the mountain that is this game just yet, says David. On we go with Round 4.

[15] - $50 - Another great start.

[19] - $200,000 - That's not so great.

[21] - $1 - But that certainly is!

Offer time again after another blue sandwich (new catch phrase, perhaps?), and I think the Banker's starting to take you seriously now. With the dollar now gone, your next offer is:

BANKER'S OFFER

$98,000

Keep those remaining high amounts in play, and the offers will will soar. The $112,000 and the half-million remain in play.

Two cases to open if you play on. Do you accept this offer, or can you Deal With It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:38 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Four six-figure amounts left, which is what gives me the confidence to bring on a two-case round. Yeah, I can Deal With It! :)

Those two happen to be 11 and 13.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:50 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Onward we go. Could a big payday be in the cards? Legs 11 and the sometimes unlucky 13 may hold the answer to that question.

[11] - $500 - That'll give you a leg up on the Banker.

[13] - $100 - Unlucky for some, but not for you! That's an all-blue round!

Here's a quick look at the board as we enter into a crucial part of the game.

$2
$400

----------
$100,000
$112,000
$300,000
$500,000

Six cases remain, and only a third of them are blue. Take them out in the upcoming rounds, and the offers will continue to climb. You've got a nice chunk of reds remaining, all of them six figures. That's got the Banker worried. As a result, he's offering you...

BANKER'S OFFER

$125,000

Your first six-figure offer. There are two amounts in play that are above it. If you decline the offer, you'll be opening one case at a time until the final round.

This is your biggest decision of the game so far. Do you accept this offer, or can you Deal With It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

This is some configuration. With one to open, it doesn't feel like a terrifying risk, and I can Deal With It!

Number 9 is the case here...

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:03 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

Number Nine, he wants. Will it be fine?

[9] - $2 | Case 27 - YES IT WILL :D! You couldn't have asked for a better result than that!

You've also found another of our bonuses, Case 27, the Box 23 of the 26-case format. It will be available to you at the end of the game with the following options:

MY$TERY MONEY
TIME WARP
DOUBLE

REFUND
HALF
NOTHING

But before we get there, you have to deal with this:

BANKER'S OFFER

$156,000

That's a huge offer, but you've still got an amazing board. The top two amounts are still there, and if that last blue goes, you next offer will likely be in the stratosphere.

So, having said that, do you accept this offer, or can you Deal With It?

KP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:06 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Mark David's Deal With It | Episode 1: KP

It is amazing to think that it's remotely easy to turn this down.

But with an 80% chance of $100k in my case, well, the calculus changes a bit. One to open? Yeah, I can Deal With It!

That one will be 7...

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and Games » Dr. Hindsight's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]