Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ] 

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:26 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: The Apprentice 2014

Warnings: 0
Anyone been watching it so far?

It's the tenth series now - and they started with TWENTY candidates :shock:
should be a pretty good series :-) Haven't got any favourites yet though.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:42 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Both the project managers in that 2nd episode were god damn hopeless - I could've probably done better! No complaints over the decisions yet though, and no favourites for me either.

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:27 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Another surprise early firing in this week's episode :shock: Lord Sugar's being brutal this year...

I agreed with the first firing, the second one... sort of. I think the bloke should've been fired really, he just seemed like he was trying to take charge of everything...

Haven't got any favourites yet atm though. I quite liked Steven in the first episode, but he's been a bit quiet since then...

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:31 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Did anyone watch the last episode? There was a TRIPLE firing! :shock: :shock: At this rate there won't be any candidates left by the end...

I do think Lord Sugar was probably right to get rid of them all though, however I shall miss Steven :cry: He had so much more to give, TV-wise :P

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:38 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014
Forum Games Moderator

matthew17 wrote:
Did anyone watch the last episode? There was a TRIPLE firing! :shock: :shock: At this rate there won't be any candidates left by the end...

I do think Lord Sugar was probably right to get rid of them all though, however I shall miss Steven :cry: He had so much more to give, TV-wise :P

I wanted to see more of Steven as well! :\
I wouldn't have minded Sarah not being fired either but she was absolutely abysmal, I understand she needed to have been rid of! :twisted:

Fat Daddy, give me a break. Bring on next week, really enjoying this series so far! :)

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:46 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014
Forum Games Moderator

The title 'Lord Sugar' never ceases to amuse, dismay and sicken me, all in equal measure, even after all this time... :eyes:

I haven't watched the last few series, actually. Have been thinking of getting back into it, though.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:22 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Skyline wrote:
matthew17 wrote:

I wanted to see more of Steven as well! :\
I wouldn't have minded Sarah not being fired either but she was absolutely abysmal, I understand she needed to have been rid of! :twisted:

Fat Daddy, give me a break. Bring on next week, really enjoying this series so far! :)

If I were Lord Sugar, I'd have only fired Ella-Jade - she was the only person out of the 3 that deserved to be fired on that task, and also, why wasn't the sub-team manager (Lauren?) brought back into the boardroom?

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:33 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Haha, brilliant episode last week. Summit's tour was, to quote Sugar, a "total shambles" from start to finish.

Don't think the right person went though, should've been the project manager who got fired IMO. Simply for not bringing James back in the boardroom...

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:22 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014
Forum Games Moderator

I'm glad that Lord Sugar fired Pamela - she was irritating.

As for the Mark/Daniel feud - I don't know where I stand. I mean Mark is quite competent so this makes things difficult.

Roisin is probably my favourite to win - she seems the most competent of the candidates. I quite like Lauren too, and James was actually not too unlikable. And Felipe... how could I forget him? About Katie - she seems alright too.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Same here - as irritating as Daniel is (team Mark all the way :P ), Pamela had to go for persevering with an idea that was never going to win.

At the moment I'd say my favourite candidates are Roisin, Lauren, and Mark. I do like Felipe but he hasn't seemed to do much lately... :eyes: Haven't seen much of Solomon and Katie either.

I would say Bianca was one of my favourites as well for standing up to James this week, but then she made a great big cockup in that task... she was really lucky that her team won despite that, otherwise she'd have been fired straight away.

Daniel and James are my least favourites. Daniel just reminds me of Stuart 'The Brand' from a few years ago, and James just seems like a plonker tbh. Hope they get fired soon...

matthew17

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

So what did everyone think of last night's episode?

Personally I thought Sugar was completely out of order to the losing team last night - basically disqualifying them for buying a rope that was slightly longer than he wanted (but it was still long enough anyway), and a skeleton that wasn't fully put together already. Felipe was right - it was never specified in the rules that it had to be already put together. Ridiculous how the winning team actually DID break the rules, and they got let off the hook because Sugar didn't like being outsmarted by Felipe the lawyer. :roll:

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:14 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

I spotted the #skeletongate going around on facebook last night...no wonder!

matthew17

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:17 am    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

So who do we think will be in the final 2 after the interviews next week?

I think it'll probably be Roisin and Solomon who go through. Can't see Mark coping well in interviews, after seeing how nervous he was in the final boardroom this week, so Gawd knows what he'll be like in front of Claude...

The other two candidates might actually have a chance still, depending on what their business plans are like.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:25 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Apart from Roisin, none of the candidates are very competent, though Bianca's been better these past few weeks. Daniel is obviously toast next week. Mark will be s***ting him self in the interviews. Solomon isn't impressive at all. I wanted Katie to say :(

BUT YES SANJAY IS GONE USELESS TOOL

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:10 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Daniel should have gone back in week 2, Mark should've gone on Wednesday. Both mucked up pitches, and you can't do that on TA.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:45 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

So did anyone see the final tonight?

Bianca vs Mark, and the winner was........

Mark.

Gotta be honest, I don't think the right candidate won, I thought the other candidate's plan could've been quite big. But good luck to the winner anyway :-)

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

If I said I thought it was the right decision...I'd be lying.

matthew17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:45 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Can't believe it's only been a week since the final, feels like ages...

But yeah, apart from the concluding result, I thought it was a pretty good series. Certainly better than last year. Shame Nick's left the show and won't be back next series :( can't imagine who'll be good enough to replace him.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice 2014

Claude Littner seems to be OK! Not sure he'll be able to come up with quite as many funny faces as Nick though...

[ 19 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]