Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 13 posts ] 

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:18 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

Warnings: 0
Have any of you seen these shows yet? They're summer replacements for The Chase on ITV.

I've watched an episode or two of Cash Trapped via YouTube, and it's a pretty nifty show. Good format, and solid hosting from Bradley Walsh, who also created the format. Also a decent payday awaits those who avoid getting Cash Trapped.

I haven't seen Alphabetical, which is fronted by former Countdown host Jeff Stelling, but based on what I've read, it's a quiz involving the alphabet and alphabetical order, or something to that effect.

What are your thoughts on these two shows? Did you enjoy them or did they bore you to tears?

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:02 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

Cash Trapped was good. Maybe there will be another series.

The Chase returns next week with new episodes and the 1,000 show coming up. No idea when...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:50 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

Cash Trapped was an excellent show. You really get connected with the players and are rooting for one from the start (I was rooting for Es from the first group and Adrianne from the second). Also, I don't lose interest at all when the final game is lost , as it just ups the stakes for future shows until someone finally escapes.

Alphabetical, however, is a total joke. It's basically a 90s general knowledge quiz with the winner getting £250 and the right to return. The jackpot is a sham, as Jeff reads the questions so slowly that there's no way on earth all 26 can be answered in 2 minutes.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:07 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

I actually like both. Can see Alphabetical working in a 3pm slot, however, the end game needs mega work OR Jeff needs to up the speed. However, the format in Spain can see 12 months + without a Jackpot win, resulting is Jackpot of over one million euro.

How will Cash Trapped work as a series? Do the ratings warrant splitting The Chase/Cash Trapped into half the year each? You can't really have Bradley leading into Bradley so It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

After watching a few episodes of Alphabetical via YouTube, I certainly agree that the endgame needs retooling. I would propose either more time, or fewer questions. One idea would be to assign each contestant a separate set of 15 consecutive letters to work through, with three incorrect answers forfeiting the chance to win the jackpot. Jeff's question reading speed also needs to increase if anyone has any hopes of winning that jackpot, which is currently worth £15,000.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:02 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

I watched the first episode of Alphabetical, haven't seen any since. I found the endgame a bit confusing - I thought at first each contestant would have their own time completed, rather than alternating between the two. So, i also agree that the endgame needs changed.

JDGA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:56 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

Watching the Cash Trapped episodes now, it's obviously not a perfect show but the rapport the players build up makes it very enjoyable, and in fact rather DoND-like. Definitely not worth judging purely from the first episode, at least.

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:03 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

Well it's the last in series tomorrow so it's so obvious that the jackpot will be won today or tomorrow or both.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:47 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

Mark wrote:
Well it's the last in series tomorrow so it's so obvious that the jackpot will be won today or tomorrow or both.

Or 99.99% more likely neither day. ;) :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:13 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

I actually *really* like Alphabetical, and in Thursday's final, Jeff seemed to have sped up. Hope this gets a full series!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

It seems NOBODY ever won the jackpot on Alphabetical. At the end of the series they're currently on £22,600!! :shock:

Not surprised at how hard it is to win considering Jeff is FAR TOO SLOW at reading the questions! :roll:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:21 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

If it was one of the five chases then it would be very easy for them...

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Alphabetical and Cash Trapped

It'll be especially funny if the show doesn't get renewed, and that jackpot goes unclaimed.

Further proof that they really, really need to retool the scoring system and bonus round. No one's answering all 26 of those questions if Jeff reads them that slowly.

Other than that, it's a pretty average quiz show. Cash Trapped is by far the more superior of the two.

[ 13 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]