Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:45 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:45 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:05 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Warnings: 0
That has become rather a guilty pleasure of mine over the last couple of years, and I'm quite looking forward to this years contest. The final this year will be in Vienna, thanks to Conchita Wurst winning in Malmö with Rise Like a Phoenix, on Saturday 23rd May.

Our entry is pretty shocking, but that's no surprise. I quite like the entries by Sweden and Iceland this year, and I think that Cyprus and Azerbaijan may do quite well this year too.

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:38 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

I didn't think there would any other fans of the ESC on here!

Our entry is horrendous especially compared to last year! Russia is my current fave so far (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBVY7Glcd84) but that may well change. I can see Sweden winning it again this year, but I do prefer Iceland's entry.

Roll on 23rd May!

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:41 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Italy and Finland are one of the favorites to win. That will change over the coming weeks, of course, with more added.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:21 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

I also think the Russia entry is pretty good, but the politics over the Russia/Ukraine conflict over the last year will probably mean that they won't do as well as they should do.

Finland seem like they're trying to repeat Lordi from 2006, but it just really isn't that good IMO.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Aaron Brock wrote:
I also think the Russia entry is pretty good, but the politics over the Russia/Ukraine conflict over the last year will probably mean that they won't do as well as they should do.

I can remember last year, the Russian twins girls (who i thought were pretty good!) were being booed while on stage and racked up quite a lot of 'dislikes' on their music video on Youtube, due to the conflict and political turmoil back in Russia and Ukraine. Shame really :(

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

To be quite honest, I really don't think it's a real "song contest" anymore. Things like those poor twins (who are younger than me!) getting booed off, and some strong songs getting knocked out at the expense of gimmick entries...anything else I need to say?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:02 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

"12 points go to our friends in..."

STOP VOTING FOR EACH OTHER!! :evil:

Fan of classic rock and metal

Oni-91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:31 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2015

Aaron Brock wrote:
Finland seem like they're trying to repeat Lordi from 2006, but it just really isn't that good IMO.

I don't think they are. They last sent a proper metal thing after that in 2008. I think they're going for the sympathy vote as all the band members have Down's Syndrome, and the entry is used as a thing to spread awareness.

Also, shock horror, I actually _really_ like the UK entry this year. But I like electroswing and the contest this year has been stuffed full of ballads like it was in 2010.

In all seriousness I should probably put a few quid on Sweden winning it, because that song just knocks it out of the park.

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]