Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:47 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:02 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

Warnings: 0
We used to have this show up here in North America, but it was total crap compared to the original. In two or three seasons, they managed to go through 27 different hosts and 58 different judges, which I believe is some kind of record. None of them were any good, either. Even Simon Cowell was old hat by this point, as he had been on American Idol since it started in 2002. He left that show to do this dog-and-pony program.

The U.S. version of The X Factor sucked so bad that Simon Cowell returned to the UK to work on an new season of the same show on his home turf. Fox later cancelled the show, and believe me, it was for the better.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:01 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

Simon confirms there will be an elimination this Saturday, and someone else will go as usual on Sunday

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the ... vBqzeXpukT

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

matthew17

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:15 am    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

So the final 3 left (if anyone's still interested...) are Fleur, Ben and Andrea.

Looking back at my predictions from the start now...

matthew17 wrote:

THE BOYS
Andrea - He's a good singer and a likable dude, but probably isn't marketable enough for Simon :roll: and he's not from Britain so may struggle with the votes... I think he'll be the shock eviction of the series. 10th
No, got that wrong, very wrong in fact... I doubt he'll win it though after being in the sing-off...
Paul - Very good singer, also people will probably give him sympathy votes for not getting through last year, so I reckon he'll do well. 4th
Got that wrong as well... surprised he wasn't supported more by the public, given how angry they were that he didn't get through last year... :roll:
Jake - Isn't he the interviewer guy from Chart Show TV? Wonder why he gave that up for this... never mind. Don't remember seeing much of him so I think he'll be out early-ish. 12th
Yesss, called it!! I actually got one right this year :P
Wildcard: Jack - Weren't really paying attention to the boys category this year :oops: so I've just took a wild guess at this guy lol. 15th
Was right about him being the wildcard, slightly wrong about where he placed though, but I didn't think the boys' wildcard would get very far as the rest were all a bit forgettable IMO... :eyes:

THE GIRLS
Lauren - Best of the girls by far and I think that'll bode well for her. 2nd
Not quite, just missed out on the final 3...
Steph - She's had her chance to make it already, on Britain's Got Talent... and it didn't go all that well IIRC. I don't think the public will want to vote for her again on that basis. 11th
Went out earlier than I expected, probably because she got thrown under the bus pretty much when the live shows started...
Chloe - It's Waissel all over again :roll: Well, to be fair, I do quite like her style of singing, but she'll end up in the bottom 2 all the time because of the media stories and whatever, and will survive each time, then get disposed of when "the chosen one" is at risk of going home. :roll: 7th
Well, the BIB was sort of true... Stereo kicks WERE pretty much the chosen ones from the start, just a shame for her they were in the singoff so soon... anyone else and she'd probably have been saved.
Wildcard: Lola - Her or the Scottish girl I reckon, but I think it'll be this girl as the Scottish one's a bit young to go through. will last until about halfway, as people might get a bit annoyed by her crying all the time :eyes: 9th
Yep, called her as the wildcard, she went out a bit sooner than I predicted though...

THE OVERS
Fleur - Best of the overs for me, I think she has a very good voice and could go quite far. 5th
I thought she'd do quite well, but I didn't expect her to make the finals... rooting for her to win now :-)
Ben - Again, very good voice, will get support from female voters I would imagine. 6th
Nope, he's still there, and I now think he will probably win it...
Jay - Eh, not too keen on this guy's singing personally, but everyone else seems to like him... and the fact that he was in the navy will guarantee a lot of votes probably... so on that logic I predict he will win. 1st
Nope, got that wrong... which I'm kind of happy about, as it means the voters actually voted on singing this time rather than the story... didn't deserve to go out against Stevie though.
Wildcard: Stevie - From what I heard, Louis gets to pick Simon's wildcard... so this guy will probably go through, and be this year's "entertainment", and hang around until before the quarter finals or something. 8th
Near enough what happened. (unfortunately)

THE GROUPS
Only The Young - I quite like this group and hope they do well, but Louis probably won't know what to do with them so they won't last very long unfortunately... 14th
They got a lot further than I predicted... probably because they did their own thing on the show apparently, rather than listen to their mentor...
Blonde Electric - Oh god, Jedward are back :smt011 I don't think these two will be very likable though, and if Stevie becomes the Overs wildcard, he'll steal their "fun factor" votes, leaving them with nothing. 16th
Called it!
Manufactured Boyband - Got quite a few members haven't they? No matter how good or bad they are, they're a boy group that the show put together, so I expect they'll reach the finals at least... 3rd
No, went out a bit sooner than that, probably because after all the bottom 2 appearances the show just gave up on them...
Wildcard: Manufactured Girlband - And I expect this group will go through, otherwise the show will have wasted their time putting them together... don't think they'll get far though, judging by Louis' track record with girl groups. 13th
The only wildcard act I didn't get right... darn. They would've been better than the group that did get picked though :roll:

So I got 3 wildcards out of 4 correct, and 2 out of 16 positions. Better than last year I guess...

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:28 am    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Been backing Lauren from the start so gutted she's gone now; Fleur is my winner now, she's got it all!

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:35 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

I think Fleur's got this won now

Louis and Cheryl with no acts left and it's a straight shootout between Simon and Scary

3rd - Andrea....Will fall on Saturday, think his luck will finally run out

2nd - Ben....Hasn't been shoved in our faces as much as Fleur so will fall short

Winner - Fleur....Will walk this much like Leona and Alexandra, think whoever she duets with will win it for her and the winners song will be a formality

Hasn't been a vintage year, but then again most of the talent/reality shows have struggled in 2014

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

Yup, got Fleur done to win.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:26 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

My prediction...

Winner: Fleur
Runner Up: Ben
Third Place: Andrea

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:17 am    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

Haven't been watching this year. Although I did notice something when my dad had it on earlier:

Fleur is the favorite to win...and performed last tonight...fixed much?

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:12 am    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

As we all know, the voting system is very much rigged so the better question would be 'which contestant has the most potential of making that particular judge the most money' instead of 'which contestant has the greatest talent'.

For this reason I would say Ben. He would slot in perfectly for the teen boppers and bimbo audience (90% of the top 40 audience)

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:51 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

And the winner is...

BEN!

Dang... wanted Fleur to win.

thundercat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:59 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

thundercat wrote:
As we all know, the voting system is very much rigged so the better question would be 'which contestant has the most potential of making that particular judge the most money' instead of 'which contestant has the greatest talent'.

For this reason I would say Ben. He would slot in perfectly for the teen boppers and bimbo audience (90% of the top 40 audience)

Good as a gypsy!

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:03 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

What was that about a fix in Fleur's favour...?

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:09 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Wanted Fleur to win but this is the first time where my favourite hasn't won that I haven't minded too much because Ben is great too. The future looks bright for both of them.

No regrets.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:54 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

Now to wait for that vote % chart thing to be released.

thundercat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:42 pm    Author: thundercat    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014

Vote 10 Final
Ben Haenow - 57.2%

Fleur East - 34.3%

Andrea Faustini - 8.5%

Vote 10 at Freeze
Ben Haenow - 45.1%
Fleur East - 32.7%
Andrea Faustini - 22.2%

Vote 9
Ben Haenow - 36.5%
Fleur East - 24.3%
Lauren Platt - 20.1% interesting stat!
Andrea Faustini - 19.1%

Vote 8
Ben Haenow - 26.4%
Andrea Faustini - 21.0%
Fleur East - 17.9%
Lauren Platt - 17.8%
Stereo Kicks - 16.9%

Vote 7
Ben Haenow - 19.4%
Fleur East - 16.1%
Lauren Platt - 16.0%
Stereo Kicks - 15.3%
Stevi Ritchie - 14.7%
Andrea Faustini - 13.2%
Only the Young - 5.3%

Vote 6
Ben Haenow - 16.4%
Fleur East - 14.0%
Lauren Platt - 13.2%
Andrea Faustini - 12.7%
Stereo Kicks - 12.2%
Only the Young - 12.2%
Stevi Ritchie - 10.8%
Jay James - 8.5%

Vote 5
Ben Haenow - 14.8%
Andrea Faustini - 14.0%
Lauren Platt - 13.1%
Stereo Kicks - 12.4%
Fleur East - 10.8%
Stevi Ritchie - 10.3%
Only the Young - 8.4%
Jay James - 8.1%
Paul Akister - 8.1%

Vote 4
Ben Haenow - 12.2%
Andrea Faustini - 11.9%
Stevi Ritchie - 11.5%
Lauren Platt - 11.0%
Paul Akister - 9.5%
Fleur East - 9.4%
Only the Young - 9.0%
Jay James - 8.3%
Stereo Kicks - 8.3%
Lola Saunders - 6.3%
Jack Walton - 2.6%

Vote 3
Andrea Faustini - 14.4%
Lauren Platt - 11.8%
Ben Haenow - 10.1%
Paul Akister - 9.4%
Fleur East - 9.3%
Stereo Kicks - 8.9%
Stevi Ritchie - 7.4%
Jay James - 7.1%
Lola Saunders - 6.9%
Jack Walton - 5.3%
Only the Young - 5.2%
Jake Quickenden - 4.2%

Vote 2
Andrea Faustini - 14.5%
Lauren Platt - 12.7%
Paul Akister - 9.9%
Ben Haenow - 9.1%
Jay James - 7.6%
Lola Saunders - 7.6%
Fleur East - 6.0%
Stevi Ritchie - 5.9%
Only the Young - 5.6%
Jack Walton - 5.3%
Jake Quickenden - 4.8%
Stereo Kicks - 4.4%
Chloe Jasmine - 4.0%
Stephanie Nala - 2.6%

Vote 1
Andrea Faustini - 19.2%
Lauren Platt - 10.4%
Paul Akister - 10.0%
Ben Haenow - 8.7%
Fleur East - 6.0%
Lola Saunders - 5.7%
Jay James - 5.5%
Jake Quickenden - 5.1%
Jack Walton - 5.0%
Stevi Ritchie - 4.9%
Stereo Kicks - 4.6%
Chloe Jasmine - 4.3%
Only the Young - 4.0%
Stephanie Nala - 2.9%
Overload Generation - 2.7%
Blonde Electra - 1.0%

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:22 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2014
Forum Games Moderator

Poor Lauren, deserved to be in the final instead of Andrea.

No regrets.

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]