Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am Last visit was: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:46 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Draw It!

Warnings: 0
New gameshow just started on Channel 4 after DOND. Anyone watching?

Fan of classic rock and metal

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:50 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

I imagine that's the British adaptation of Win, Lose or Draw. :ponder:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

It's based on that Draw Something app. We used to have Win, Lose or Draw in the UK too but it finished in 1998.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:06 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

It is OK... Shame the losing player didn't get to keep his winnings though.

Endgame quite easy, especially with a fairly competent artist.

Interesting to see what "Big Money Friday" has in store.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

I believe BMF has a £50,000 jackpot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draw_It!

Oni-91

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:00 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

I'm skeptical tbh, it'd be a bit odd to multiply the winnings 15 times over like that.

I'm guessing it's just double cash, make the winner get about ten grand in total if they can win without the jumble.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

Definitely a good format, somewhat similar to Pyramid and Password only it uses drawings in place of words. At first I was a bit peeved that follow-up to Deal to No Deal only offered a £5,000 top prize, but now that I see that a £50,000 tournament at the end of each week, I definitely think that it is well-rounded show: plenty of comedy, easy to follow along with game-play, some good guest stars and a high-stakes endgame. :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

They don't call it Big Money Friday for nothing!

Last edited by BankerSpanker on Fri May 09, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:57 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

£30,000 won today on Big Money Friday. :D

Oh, BankerSpanker beat me to it. :oops: ;)

For those who didn't watch today, it has the same game-play as every other day but the main-game is played for double the money and the bonus for not using the word jumbler in the Bonus Round has been upped to x10.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Fri May 09, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 4:59 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

American Coupon Boy wrote:
£30,000 won today on Big Money Friday. :D

Plus the £2,150 won earlier in the week making a total of £32,150! :D

Oni-91

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm    Author: Oni-91    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

Welp, humble pie there. That's a really good prize pot for a show that looks like a midday Dutch thingy. Most impressive.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 5:00 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

A very bad episode as far as game-play today. In the celebrity draw round there was only 1 correct answer in the entire round, meaning Helen (the winner) only scored £750. Then in the bonus round, Terry Wogan couldn't figure out the final word (wrestling) despite Helen making an excellent drawing of it and the word jumbler hardly obscuring the word at all. I'm very fearful for the rest of the week, for if the celebrities play as badly as they today, everyone will probably leave with just the T-shirt. :smt009

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

£4,500 won on today's show! Sheena got loads of words in the third round and she got all 3 of the words in the final WITHOUT using the Word Jumble. :D

Terry Wogan's drawing of a bus was probably the worst I've ever seen! :lol:

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:59 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

Terry Wogan messed things up again, as NOTHING was won in Big Money Friday this week. :smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

A great result today. Louie Spence got all 3 words in the final without the use of the Word Jumble. Prize was £1,450 doubled to £2,900! :D

There was still 22 seconds on the clock! :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

Another brilliant result today. Nick was a fantastic drawer and Louie Spence got all 3 words with no Word Jumble with 34 seconds still on the clock! :shock:
Prize was £1,500 doubled to £3,000 :D

And there is only £50 between the top 2 in the leaderboard.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

£38,000 won on Big Money Friday today. :D :-D

This means Nck is now the biggest winner on Draw It with a total of £41,000. :D

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Fri May 23, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

ACB beat me to it! :P

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:53 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

The winner of today's game (Chris) is playing for the governor, £26,000 ;) ............................

and he used his word jumble just before Rosemary gave the final correct answer, winning himself £2,600. :(

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:56 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Draw It!

She had it! Why did he use the jumble?! :smt011

I don't get this nonsense about disallowing numbers though. How else are you supposed to draw a clock?! :roll:

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]