Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:22 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:22 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 12 posts ] 

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:11 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: WWTBAM to end
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Did anyone hear the news last week that Chris Tarrant has finally decided to stop doing Millionaire, so the show is finally ending?

Sad news, even though the show's peak days were well behind it.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:24 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

Yep, I saw it on daily mail. :( That's a shame to you guys, as many of you no doubt found the celebrity shows to be very entertaining, as did I.

Thankfully, the U.S. version of millionaire is under little threat at the moment, even though it also had to lose it's long-running host, Meredith Viera, recently. It is doing great with it's new host, Cedric the Entertainer. After finding his feet in the show, he has been able to include quite a bit of comedy and fun into games without going over the top. In addition, since his asking price was significantly cheaper than Meredith's, the show has made its questions as a whole significantly easier. This has lead to regular, on average weekly, six figure wins, as $100,000 questions are far more reasonable to answer than before. Also, the show also had its first Million Dollar Question in regular play in over 6 years just a few weeks ago, and today's contestant was EXTREMELY close as well (he narrowed the $500k question down to 2 answers and went for it, but unfortunately he picked the wrong one :( ). It has become, without question, my gameshow currently on air. :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:49 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end
Global Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Yep, I saw it on daily mail. :( That's a shame to you guys, as many of you no doubt found the celebrity shows to be very entertaining, as did I.

Entertaining, yes, but a bit slow at times as well. Watched a few on Challenge recently, and there was quite a bit of chat after safety nets were reached.

stewartw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:05 am    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

The endless celebrity editions were awful and what killed the programme, besides the unnecessary tinkering with the format. Chris Tarrant even said so himself, years ago.

It's a little sad as I like pretty much everybody else loved it when it was new, but I think it's for the best to put it away now. That said I think there will always be room for it to rest and come back though, with a new presenter. It might work as a revival at 5PM when The Chase is off/gone stale.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:58 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

Well thats it. The final show has just come to an end :( RIP

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end
Global Moderator

Mark wrote:
Well thats it. The final show has just come to an end :( RIP

Shame. :(

There's a clip show next week though.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:00 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

At least there's still a daily version of the show here in the U.S.A. :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:25 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

Watched it last night. What a dreadful end to the show that really was! :smt019
Just one £20,000 win and two £1,000 wins. :smt011

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:43 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

No celebrities did manage to win the £1,000,000... The highest win was half of that. It was in the news, they got the half a million question wrong which was meant to be correct...then they came back for the million pound question.

Can not remember who it was.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:45 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

The show was doomed from the second they changed the format, as it became "Who wants to win £150,000?" after that as they made the £250,000 questions as difficult as the $500,000 questions used to be on the U.S. daily version. Thankfully, they changed the latter in the past season, allowing 2 contestants to make it to the $1,000,000 question so far this season. :D

Simon F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:01 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

Mark wrote:
No celebrities did manage to win the £1,000,000... The highest win was half of that. It was in the news, they got the half a million question wrong which was meant to be correct...then they came back for the million pound question.

It was Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen and his wife.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: WWTBAM to end

Simon F wrote:
Mark wrote:

It was Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen and his wife.

I saw that episode. I was shocked when Chris said the answer was wrong!

Fan of classic rock and metal

[ 12 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]