Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:03 pm Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:03 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

Warnings: 0
It'll be on 20th September however I don't like the choice of host, Adam Hills. I can't stand the Last Leg! :smt011

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/fift ... ck-2163383

Fan of classic rock and metal

stewartw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:21 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

Who would you rather presented it? WillGS gave it up once, he's not going to come back again.

He's an intelligent man and might be a very good quiz show host. The format isn't going to allow him to mess about much unless they give it an hour or something.

It'll be good for a one off but no more.

stewartw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

I understand this is now celebrity only (though I guess that was obvious given its a one off), and that there's also ANOTHER 8 Out of 10 Cats Countdown '80's special' as part of these festivities.

Let's guess the C4 lineup.

1. Gok Wan
2. Rachel Riley
3. Alan Carr
4. Jon Richardson
5. Kirsty Allsop
6. Rory Bremner
7. Dr. Christian
8. Claire Balding
9. Micky Flannigan
10. Jo Brand
11. Dr. Dawn
12. John McRirrick
13. That Brendan bloke off Coach Trip
14. Noel Edmonds
15. Max Headroom

Now THAT would be some show.

Last edited by stewartw on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

Noel Edmonds hasn't participated in any of the Channel 4 mash-up specials, so I doubt he'll be willing to participate in this.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:10 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

Probably going to be a bunch of Z-List celebs from X Factor and all that crap. :roll:

stewartw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:13 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

Yes I was being a little facetious at the end there.

stewartw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/000001241/channel_4_80s_night_jimmy_carr_alan_carr/

I'm a little disappointed with this. I mean, Alan Carr? Yeah he's very 80's. More Countdown? Why not 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Treasure Hunt? That would be much more of a spectactle.

Apart from 15-to-1, these are just shows that could be on any evening. Just so thrown together and lazy of C4, and hardly a reflection of how distinctive and powerful they were in the 80's.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special
Global Moderator

I thought that was pretty good. Only saw the second half, but it worked very well indeed IMO. :smt023

Wouldn't mind seeing a full series of that made.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:24 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

I recorded it on Sky+ so I will check it out tomorrow.

stewartw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:25 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

I thought it was brilliant, and Adam Hills was superb as questionmaster. The studio was a bit naff but then, it was only a one off.

Awesome reprise of the original theme tune, much better than the one they used towards the end of the show's run.

It does seem as though the whole 80's night concept was conceived so they could test the water with bringing back 15-to-1. I wouldn't mind.

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:59 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

My Little Pony is waay better! :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :hearts :angeldevil

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

I watched it today and I enjoyed it. I'd love to see a series with regular contestants playing.

Brony

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:13 pm    Author: Brony    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

What episode did you watch BankerSpankr?? :-D :-D :-D :sk :sk :love :love

Glad to seee another Brony o nthis site!! :smt049 :smt049 :smt049

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:36 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special
Forum Games Moderator

I doubt very much that BankerSpanker's a Brony.

:suspect:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:19 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

I've never watched MLP but I know it was made by Lauren Faust, the same person who made Powerpuff Girls which I really loved. Oh Cartoon Network, what happened to you? :(

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:16 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special
Forum Games Moderator

That was a great cartoon... but it also ruined my childhood... partly.

There was an episode where a hamster was flushed down the toilet... I told my dad about it. It gave him horrible ideas.

From there on... every time I did something bad... or didn't eat my food quickly enough, my dad would threaten to flush me down the toilet. It traumatised me.

Thanks to this episode, though, I'm now just a well-rounded man who's little bit crazy. After all... I sometimes do crazy stuff.

OK... I've gone off topic. It's Brony's fault! He's obviously the nutty side of something :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:21 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

15 To 1 is getting a NEW SERIES next year! :D

There will be 4 celebrity shows hosted by Adam Hills and 20 normal shows presented by Sandi Toksvig.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a53 ... cials.html

stewartw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

This will start on Saturday 5th April for a celebrity special, and then daily from Monday 7th, at 4:30.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... this-april

All episodes are an HOUR long.... :eyes: So basically it won't have any of the slickness or pace of the original show. I was also hoping they'd have made the lives lights a bit more prominent than they were in the 80s special, but the image suggests they haven't done this. Still the nasty podiums.

It will be interesting to see how well it fares compared to DOND, especially once the novelty wears off (which, at 60 minutes, will probably happen quite quickly).

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:38 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

Oh come on Channel 4, an HOUR?! No doubt it is going to be ruined with idle chit-chat and about 50,000 adverts! :smt019

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 15 To 1 returns for one-off special

The first episode of the new series is starting tomorrow at 5:15pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]