Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:48 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Catchphrase to return!

Warnings: 0
Bad news though is that Stephen Mulhern is the host and it will be on ITV2.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a38 ... hrase.html

Fan of classic rock and metal

killersbee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:03 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

If it has anything to do with bringing in celebs as contestants, I sure as hell won't be watching!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:45 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

I certainly can't see them having another 'snake charmer' incident :laughing ;-)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

More news about the Catchphrase revival: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a39 ... y-itv.html

Quote:
The original format will remain, although the show will be updated with new 3D graphics and a new concluding game,

This I really do NOT like the sound of! :smt011

Last edited by BankerSpanker on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:22 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!
International Forums Moderator

This is now confirmed for an eight episode ITV1 run next year, presumably filling up Saturday nights before BGT. Pilot's been filmed and it goes a bit like this:

No celebrities, but THREE players, one going out after an initial elimination round. Then it's fairly standard Catchphrase, though no bonus after the first two rounds, and the new endgame is basically five catchphrases in a minute as before but presented as a pyramid (so you get five available in level 1 but only one at the end you have to get for the jackpot). It's £50k for getting all five, smaller prizes for getting partway up, and one on level 3 is a bonus one for a car. Which hilariously means the only ITV primetime game show of the 90s to not give away a car is now doing so in its revival, at a time when nothing else on telly gives away a car.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:52 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Saw this picture posted on Digital Spy:
I think I'm gonna throw up. Just look at Mr Chips! Image

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:20 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

So the new series will be starting on 7th April at 6:45pm on ITV. Anyone going to be watching?
I'm not liking the fact that it's 45 minutes long.

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:22 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

I will be watching.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Good God, that was probably the easiest £28k win I've ever seen! :shock:

stewartw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:02 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

That was very enjoyable! Much better than I was expecting :) Stephen did OK too.

Don't like the catchphrase animations though. They look like something that would have been impressive 15 years ago. Some sharper 2D would have been fine.

jamesfish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:45 pm    Author: jamesfish    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

I enjoyed it too, but I am getting a feeling a celebrity lookalike will be playing each week, this week it was Hazel- Sarah Milligan.

KP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!
International Forums Moderator

I think Stephen got annoyed at some of the guesses and showed it a bit more than Roy ever did. Was quite amusing.

Nice to see a show that doesn't have a massive, easily advertised, and almost unwinnable jackpot like basically every post-Millionaire show. Catchphrase's top prize isn't even huge for daytime now, but there'll be at least one £50k win, and £25k wins like tonight will be common. And that's on top of about £8k in cash and prizes in just the front game, not all of it for the winner.

It's almost too nice, but that's a refreshing change from seeing £45k wins on daytime shows treated as massive defeats.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

stewartw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:35 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Just to say this is doing well, ratings-wise it was up on last week with 5.94m viewers, even beating the Sunday night goliath Countryfile. I was expecting a hefty drop TBH.

It doesn't need Roy Walker nearly as much as some people seem to think. It's just that the people that followed him were terrible. Stephen's not.

I'm loving it :)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:29 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Can somebody please explain how dog-ears is a Catchphrase? :suspect:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!
Global Moderator

One of the 'catchphrases' tonight was 'The Only Way is Essex'. :ponder: :smt011

The guy who won got one of the bonus catchphrases after just one square! :lol: I saw that happen on an old edition once, where the guy revealed a square, saw the word 'water', and immediately got it: 'underwater'!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Some of them are sooooooooooooooo obvious....and the contestants are taking ageeeeeeeees to get them...no wonder I think "oh my God" several times...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Just watched on Sky+. I couldn't believe some of those Catchphrases.

- The Only Way is Essex
- Facebook
- Shooting Stars

:smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

Did anyone see yesterday's episode? Two of the catchphrases were 3D and Black Eyed Peas. :smt011

stewartw

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:46 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!

BankerSpanker wrote:
Did anyone see yesterday's episode? Two of the catchphrases were 3D and Black Eyed Peas. :smt011

3D was a little bit of a gimme, but they (and TV show titles) are recognisable terms are they not? I don't get the problem with this.

It's the frankly stupid end game which annoys me. There's no jeopardy - even if they 'lose', they win a massive amount of cash... bring back the original Super Catchphrase next series please!!

There's not the incentive to go for the 'M' square equivalent either - by simply racking up the cash you can afford to go on your own holiday - not like the original where the big holiday was worth much more than you could get by answering random letters on the board.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:43 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Catchphrase to return!
Global Moderator

An hour long celeb edition tonight. Think I'll give it a miss.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]