Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am Last visit was: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Warnings: 0
Pointless resumed again today and they've just given away their FIFTH consecutive jackpot! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:49 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

The streak of consecutive jackpot wins came to an end yesterday with a whopping 6 wins! :shock:

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:58 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Only just turned it over quickly and I would have got four pointless answers today in the final :D

Daft Punk - Digital Love
Fatboy Slim - Star 69 &... forget the other one.
The Prodigy - Fire

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:41 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Mark wrote:
Only just turned it over quickly and I would have got four pointless answers today in the final :D

And you would've been rewarded the Sam amount for that as you would for finding one pointless answer if you made it to the final, which was most likely a £1,000 jackpot to split with whoever your partner is. :roll:

I seriously think the show needs to change the end game payout structure. Here's my idea, which does not at all change the endgame itself but rewards those who come up with more than one pointless answer:

1 pointless answer = £1,000 (NOT a cumulative jackpot; is upped to £2,500 on celebrity pointless)
2 pointless answers = £5,000
3 pointless answers =£10,000

Multiple pointless answers in the final are rare enough that this will hardly affect the payouts. Also, since there wouldn't be a jackpot, they could change the bonus for a pointless answer in the front game to £250 on the spot for the team that gave it.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:18 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

This is the BBC you know. They couldn't afford to do anything like that. ;)

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:33 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Pointless

BankerSpanker wrote:
This is the BBC you know. They couldn't afford to do anything like that. ;)

Yes they can. As I said before, the overall payout will hardly change from this and even some other BBC daytime quiz shows shows had a top prize of £10,000 (Weakest Link, Breakaway and Decimate) and/or give away considerably more than £1,000 a show (Pressure Pad, Perfection and Beat the Brain).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:37 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Pointless

And don't forget about 1000 Heartbeats. That show offers a top prize of £25,000.

Heck, even on The Link - is that show still on? - teams can win in excess of £5,000 if they do well enough.

Seriously, though, the jackpots on some of these daytime game shows are ridiculously dinky. It's like they're stuck in the early 90s or something.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:28 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Dr. Hindsight wrote:
And don't forget about 1000 Heartbeats. That show offers a top prize of £25,000.

Heck, even on The Link - is that show still on- teams can win in excess of £5,000 if they do well enough.

Seriously, though, the jackpots on some of these daytime game shows are ridiculously dinky. It's like they're stuck in the early 90s or something.

1. 1,000 Heartbeats airs on ITV.

2. The Link is cheap even by BC standards as they make the top amount nearly impossible to win and thus pretty much every winning team leaves with £1,000 or less (and quite often NOTHING).

3. BBC can't offer huge prizes on game shows (except those funded by the National Lottery like Who Dares Wins) as many would complain that their license fee is being given away to total strangers like they did when the Weakest Link first premiered.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:58 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Nobody ever won anywhere near £10,000 on Weakest Link though. I think the closest was about £5,000.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:09 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Pointless

BankerSpanker wrote:
Nobody ever won anywhere near £10,000 on Weakest Link though. I think the closest was about £5,000.

Up until the last week of the show, the biggest winner on the daytime version won roughly £5,200.

However, on the 2nd to last programme they had a special quiz show champions special (which included the aforementioned top winner and several Eggheads) where that record was smashed with a £7,850 final prize fund, thanks in part to them having the perfect treble money round for I believe the one and only time in UK weakest link history.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

A first in Pointless history today. BOTH teams got the first two questions in the head-to-head round wrong! :shock:

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:27 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Pointless

What was the subject?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:22 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I'm sure it's happened at least once before and at least one of the questions were edited out.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Mark wrote:
What was the subject?

Brad Pitt Films and Years ending in "00"

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:31 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
Mark wrote:
What was the subject?

Brad Pitt Films and Years ending in "00"

They couldn't even get a right answer on years ending in 00.

I'm pretty sure they didn't win the jackpot then.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:32 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

^, haha! What I mean is there were 5 different events listed on the board and they all happened in a year that ends in '00'.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:04 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

3 consecutive jackpots won this week including a huge £8,250! :D

Unfortunately, it's back to repeats again next week. :smt011

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:26 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Jackpot is building up rather nicely. It now stands at £11,250!

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Pointless

The record is over £20,000 I think?

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:43 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Mark wrote:
The record is over £20,000 I think?

£24,750. Can't see it getting that high again. That was before the 3-question final round came in.

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]