Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:51 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Pointless

Warnings: 0
So, Pointless is starting again today but on BBC One this time at 5:15PM. Anyone watching it?

It's celebrity specials this week and Series 4 continues next Monday. Also, I think Richard said on his Twitter page that there are going to be about 120 episodes! :D

Fan of classic rock and metal

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:51 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

Maybe it's me, cos when I clicked this thread I thought you were gonna go on a huge rant :lol:

Pretty decent show too, I catch this once in a while and it's great fun. We could do a forum version, actually.

unclekevo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:47 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I always think it's a trashy BBC Three countdown when I hear Pointless Celebrities advertised :-D

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

I've watched the two BBC1 episodes there have been so far.

It's an OK show, easy to get the hang of. I suppose I won't get a proper look at it until next week, when it's back to normal editions.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

unclekevo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I remember in one of the episodes last year the question was about Mr. Men characters and I collected all the books as a child so got all the pointless answers :-D

DIMBLEBOT CLONE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:14 am    Author: DIMBLEBOT CLONE    Post subject: Re: Pointless

DIMBLEBOT CLONE COMMENDS "ARMSTRONG" AND "OSMAN" ON THE WAY THEY REGULARLY DEFEAT THE PARTICIPANTS OF "POINTLESS", WHO IRONICALLY ARE POINTLESS.

THE REAL DIMBLEBOT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.TWITTER.COM/DIMBLEBOT

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:03 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Administrator & Global Moderator

It's a very good and original gameshow. I only got into it a few months ago, but since then, I've been to see 3 recordings of it (with another forum member :P), including one of the celebrity editions (the one with John Craven).

It was nice to see my name appear in lights yesterday, when the category was "The Jam" singles. :-D

unclekevo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:32 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Damn David Watts being known by 3 people so I couldn't make jokes about h2005 being pointless :lol:

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Administrator & Global Moderator

I am forever indebted to those three AMAZING people.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Yes, I noticed that! :P

Anyway, it's a really fun show with great playalongability, and I enjoyed going to see a recording about a month ago, highly recommend going to see it when the filming run returns october/november time, even if hilarious warm-up man Mark might be otherwise engaged... :suspect:

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:24 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I'm surprised no one said Ocarina for Wind Instrument. I thought it was funny when he mentioned Zelda: Ocarina of Time! :P

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 am    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Pointless

BankerSpanker wrote:
I'm surprised no one said Ocarina for Wind Instrument. I thought it was funny when he mentioned Zelda: Ocarina of Time! :P

So was I, I laughed at them mentioning OOT as I was currently pressing start on my game of Ocarina Of Time on 3DS when he mentioned it :bluelol

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:58 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I've been a fan from the very first show and have watched it since. What I like about the show is not just the actual format of the quiz, but I also like the host Alexander Armstrong and his "Pointless Friend" Richard Osman and all the banter they have during the show.

I've also been to see the show being recorded. Coincidently I also went with a forum member to see the show being recorded. ;)

I've seen a total of 5 episodes being recorded for the latest series and it was good fun. It was actually the first time I had ever been in a TV studio and so it was bit surreal. I can also confirm for anyone that hasn't seen Richard Osman stand up that he is really, really tall. :P

If I get the chance then I will definitely go and see some more recordings when they start filming again.

The show has changed a bit since the first series. If you haven't seen an episode from series 1 then there's a full episode on YouTube here -

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooWP2NEHwk
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3U7GtuT3aY
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNtGJp1TmC8

unclekevo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:40 pm    Author: unclekevo    Post subject: Re: Pointless

He's 6ft 7 inches :lol:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

LOL at the Rick Astley round on today's Pointless! Best one I've seen in the short period of time I've been watching!

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:29 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzsM7BCbkQ

I loved that! :lol:

EDIT: Found better quality version.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:44 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Wow! No one has still won the jackpot yet. It's at £13,250 now. The highest it has ever got so far! :o
There has been a lot of answers scoring 1 POINT. How annoying must that be?

EDIT: £14,750 now!

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:03 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

A record 15.5k was won on today's Pointless! :D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:17 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Yep, I saw it on iPlayer today. I would've been hopeless at thinking of Marlon Brando films. I suck at film questions.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:07 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Wow, the jackpot has been won in the last 3 shows in a row! :D
Also, tomorrow will be the 200th show. They'll be bringing back all the players that scored 200! :lol:

OMG! FOUR jackpot wins in a row now! :shock:

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]