Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 am Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:24 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:21 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Warnings: 0
I put it on Burger King too. I had made it to the last question with £325k. :(

Fan of classic rock and metal

Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:46 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

It's back on Friday 14th June 9pm :D

A few changes will be made http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... -new-twist

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

It's about to start!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:17 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

£100,000 just won. :D

Didn't go for the double or nothing question... they saw what the two answers were... decided not to go for it, then after they showed the question and if they played on, would have got it right...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Anyone with an ounce of sanity would be wise to NOT gamble £100,000! ;)
I wouldn't have done it either and even if I did get the question right I wouldn't care because A HUNDRED GRAND is a lot of cash!

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:57 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Exactly...!

stewartw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:19 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

I am glad that MPD is back as I quite enjoy it but god did it need resting after some serious overkill last year.

I was not keen on the 4 player games, there was so much faffing about and it just didn't seem to work for me. What have they done to the music too? It sounds terrible, very tacky compared to how it used to sound.

I can't see anybody doing the final gamble. It's hard enough to win money on this show the first time around, they're not going to risk it all over again.

I was quite annoyed at how disgruntled some of the family who won last night, looked at winning £50k after turning down the gamble. This is one of the things that annoys me most about DOND. They look distraught because they could have had more, despite winning an incredible sum of money. Although at least Davina didn't rub it in and present it as a loss, like Noel seems to enjoy doing.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

£125,000 won today! They did not go for the gamble question. I'm not surprised at the decision, £31,250 per person is a hell of a lot of cash! Plus they would have put the money on the wrong answer.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:29 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop
Forum Games Moderator

stewartw wrote:
I am glad that MPD is back as I quite enjoy it but god did it need resting after some serious overkill last year.

I was not keen on the 4 player games, there was so much faffing about and it just didn't seem to work for me. What have they done to the music too? It sounds terrible, very tacky compared to how it used to sound.

I can't see anybody doing the final gamble. It's hard enough to win money on this show the first time around, they're not going to risk it all over again.

I was quite annoyed at how disgruntled some of the family who won last night, looked at winning £50k after turning down the gamble. This is one of the things that annoys me most about DOND. They look distraught because they could have had more, despite winning an incredible sum of money. Although at least Davina didn't rub it in and present it as a loss, like Noel seems to enjoy doing.

Well, exactly. I couldn't agree more. That's something which is thankfully becoming a lot more common here, the acknowledgement that the player won a massive sum regardless of the technical result of the game (when they did, of course; being distraught at winning 10p is understandable IMO ;) :lol: ).

I understand why and how the "oh but I could have had so much more" feeling can override anything else, I daresay I'd feel exactly the same so I'm not laying down the law to anyone by any means, but after a while, surely you'd have to realise "hang on, I've actually got £x sum which I never dreamt of before." Which should, ideally, cancel out the disappointment.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:06 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

These Double or Nothing questions are stupid and a waste of time. There is absolutely no way 2 people are going to agree on risking £25,000+ on a 50/50 question unless they both absolutely know it, which is next to impossible with the late game questions on that show.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:27 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

American Coupon Boy wrote:
These Double or Nothing questions are stupid and a waste of time. There is absolutely no way 2 people are going to agree on risking £25,000+ on a 50/50 question unless they both absolutely know it, which is next to impossible with the late game questions on that show.

Agreed. I don't even know why they came up with that gimmick in the first place. Even if someone did get to Q8 with £1m still there (which is never going to happen, I know ;) ) there is just NO WAY they would risk all that money.

stewartw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:24 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

BankerSpanker wrote:
American Coupon Boy wrote:

Agreed. I don't even know why they came up with that gimmick in the first place. Even if someone did get to Q8 with £1m still there (which is never going to happen, I know ;) ) there is just NO WAY they would risk all that money.

I see they've now changed it so that they throw the players into the gamble question to try and tempt some people into an impulse gamble.

I imagine they came up with the gimmick to try and look like they can give away more money. The majority of MPD wins are usually 25-75k in my experience, which, while great, is hardly close to the maximum potential win is it? So they were probably hoping to make it a bit more exciting and tempt some bigger wins. But I agree, it's a rubbish way of doing so and I can't see anybody doing it unless they're a) only left with 1 bundle and b) stupid.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

stewartw wrote:
I imagine they came up with the gimmick to try and look like they can give away more money. The majority of MPD wins are usually 25-75k in my experience, which, while great, is hardly close to the maximum potential win is it? So they were probably hoping to make it a bit more exciting and tempt some bigger wins. But I agree, it's a rubbish way of doing so and I can't see anybody doing it unless they're a) only left with 1 bundle and b) stupid.

In all honesty, I view that question as a final offer on Deal or no Deal, as the questions are always too obscure to know outright and they tend to be tricky enough for the more obvious answer to sometimes be the wrong one, so it is basically a coin-flip. So, would anyone on this forum other than Scott Brown risk £25,000 on a 1p/£50k finish, £50,000 on a 1p/£100k finish, or £125,000 on a 1p/£250k finish? :suspect: And just in case anyone is wondering, I certainly WOULD NOT take any of those on.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Last edited by American Coupon Boy on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:08 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

£25,000 & £75,000 won today. Still no one going for Q8. Honestly, I think they should just get rid of the Final Drop question. It's really not working. No one will ever risk even £25,000 on that!

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:12 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Unless they are 100% sure they know the answer...

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Another £25k won but still no one has gone for the gamble. :?

stewartw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:55 pm    Author: stewartw    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

BankerSpanker wrote:
Another £25k won but still no one has gone for the gamble. :?

Something tells me it will be gone next series. :P

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:08 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

£50,000 won today and still no one going for the gamble. The current players do have £125,000 left and they'll be at Q7 tomorrow. If they win that then there is NO WAY they'd gamble all that money.

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:17 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Unless it's a very easy question for them...like the Titanic one was!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:08 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: The Million Pound Drop

Even if it's an easy question most people still wouldn't go for it as there are a few trick questions and they wouldn't want to risk that small chance of going home with nothing.

[ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]