Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:39 am Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:39 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Warnings: 0
alex xxx wrote:
We are wasting time and money entering this its all politics anyway even if its half public voting because nobody likes us and that's a fact.

Agreed!

Like I said, why do we even bother if were not gonna get the credit we deserve from the rest of Europe? :roll:

It's all political voting, always has been, no wonder Sir Terry Wogan decided to quit and I don't blame him

greeny

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:48 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

I don't think political voting is gonna win out this year, with the jury system partly being brought back - so only 50% of a country's votes in the final are from the public, the other half coming from the jury, so there will be more sensible voting this time around.

Besides, in polls done around Europe about their favourite songs, the UK has fared brilliantly, it's popular with most countries.

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:52 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Also alot of the Eastern countries went out last night... so either all the Eastern countries will join together and go for the ones who are left or they'll spread out a bit... with the judging system I recon we could be top 10 this time round.

Oh and this from a blog off the BBC

"Ahhh, Eurovision. For about 364 days of the year, it's a ridiculous, outdated embarrassment, and then for one day in May it's VERY VERY IMPORTANT and invariably when we don't win everyone huffs about how the whole thing is rigged...."

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

greeny

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:16 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Yes, a lot of the countries who qualified last night were what I would class as 'western' countries, so I think it's going to be a fairer balance this time, and we stand a much better chance of doing well. I would imagine that with fewer easter countries, they will inevitably have to give some points to western countries (due to the lack of eastern countries), and if the western countries stick together, I can see us finishing very high (though not winning). Even though I don't like the song, I think Norway will win the whole thing.

tr4962

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:47 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Can anyone tell me how the voting in the semi finals work please?

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:57 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

We were able to vote in the first one but not the second one?

(After Gameweek 22)

garylq

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:51 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

There are no jurys in the semi-finals, only phone votes!

Jurys will vote in the final on Saturday only.

Last edited by garylq on Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greeny

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:52 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

There were juries, they sent a 10th act through - 9 got through on the public vote.

killersbee

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:29 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Tom22 wrote:
Also alot of the Eastern countries went out last night... so either all the Eastern countries will join together and go for the ones who are left or they'll spread out a bit... with the judging system I recon we could be top 10 this time round.

I see, well at least we have some sort of chance of doing better this time around, then :)

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:44 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Heard our entry today... Not bad I reckon. It's a bit of a 'grower' I think, which might not be that helpful when people only hear it once...

tr4962

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:27 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

killersbee wrote:
Tom22 wrote:

I see, well at least we have some sort of chance of doing better this time around, then :)

I wouldn't speak to soon, 7 of the 10 countries that qualified tonight could be classed as Eastern, the other 3 were Norway, Denmark and Greece,

rico7

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:50 pm    Author: rico7    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

tr4962 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
Tom22 wrote:

I wouldn't speak to soon, 7 of the 10 countries that qualified tonight could be classed as Eastern, the other 3 were Norway, Denmark and Greece,

It did seem like very bias voting tonight. I thought Poland and the Netherlands had relatively strong songs, but they both got voted off. I will be very surprised if the UK wins on Saturday. Supposedly combining jury with public voting will make it fairer, but is there any guarantee that the juries won't vote for their favourite neighbouring countries?

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:00 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

The Uk is performing 23rd out of 25 songs, and is surrounded by up tempo numbers, so it'll stand out in the viewers' minds really. Also, our song is popular acorss Europe - the Russians are said to be big fans of our song, so you never know...

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:15 am    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

rico7 wrote:
tr4962 wrote:
killersbee wrote:
Tom22 wrote:

It did seem like very bias voting tonight. I thought Poland and the Netherlands had relatively strong songs, but they both got voted off. I will be very surprised if the UK wins on Saturday. Supposedly combining jury with public voting will make it fairer, but is there any guarantee that the juries won't vote for their favourite neighbouring countries?

Yes that is just what i was thinkng and a good point, Juries may feel just as obliged to vote for their neighbours as the general public. I'm still hoping for Sweden to win on the night, by far the best voice and song in my opinion, possibly the best i've ever heard

greeny

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:43 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Personally, I think best voice and song goes to Iceland - she was stunning the other night, her vocals were perfect.

garylq

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:11 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

I'm notorious for bad predictions, but here goes, I'm gonna make two for tonight;

Winner - Norway
UK finishing position - 12th

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:05 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

Pretty boring start.... Norton isnt up to much and is trying to be a bit too much like El Tel.

(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:24 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009

My scores as I have nothing better to do.

Lithuania 2/10
Israel 2/10
France 0/10

(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:25 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009
Administrator & Global Moderator

All bloody awful so far; my ears are hurting. And Norton is trying to be too much like Wogan (as I feared) and it's not working...

h2005

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:30 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2009
Administrator & Global Moderator

I wonder how many cats were killed in the making of this.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]