Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:35 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Warnings: 0
ben is out! woohoo :D
now i want deborah to go next

Skyline

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:45 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!
Forum Games Moderator

I liked Ben, he was such a fool. Shame he's out, but oh well. :P

Agreed, Matty, Debra's a goat.

BoxClever

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:18 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

BoxClever wrote:
I'm going to stick my neck out and predict the order in which the remaining candidates will end up:

9. Mona
8. Howard
7. Lorraine
6. Yasmina
5. James
4. Ben
3. Debra
Runner-Up: Philip
WINNER: Kate

Well, my predictions aren't doing disgracefully badly.

The guests on 'The Apprentice: You're Fired' seemed to think it'll be a Debra/Yasmina final.

I'm looking forward to the interviews next week as you always get some surprises at that stage, with someone who'd looked strong coming in for unexpected criticism, and someone who'd looked weak getting unexpected praise.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

The hardest part (At least that is what I think) of the show is going to be on tomorrow, the semi-final where the remaining contestants are going to be interviewed.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:28 am    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Great show last night....I wanted to punch the interviewers :smt021 don't know how they kept their cool but well done to them.
Don't mind who wins now as they are both good. :smt023 Just glad Deb is out,must be a nightmare working with her.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 am    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I did think that the interviewers were being negative especially the male ones. The female one was more or less being truthful (she was both positive and negative). Personally I would want interviewers to be positive most of the time and only be a bit negative if it's needed, for example when they have worries about the person they are interviewing. There is a big difference between being serious and negative.
I did think that James was going out because he is too nice although if I had the choice I would want him to have stayed. I liked when he mentioned Sir Alan being like Willy Wonker even though he isn't (it was only a joke).
I do like both the finalists and no more you're fired from Sir Alan, the magic words will be you're hired.

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:03 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!
Forum Games Moderator

YASMINA

Duffer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:23 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Tonight will be the last time we'll see Margaret...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... ntice.html

tr4962

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Its a shame she is going but at least its for a good reason and not because she had a row with Alan Sugar or the production team. I heard something like that happened for Donald Trumps female assistant in the US version.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I thought Kate delivered the best pitch and the all round performance so maybe that was a reason for her to win. Whilst she was pretty, Yasmina has more passion which she has evidence for. A restaurant at 27 is probably more than what Kate has. Although Kate looked attractive and she was really bubbly in the 'You're Fired' show, she wasn't all that in the competition. Kate didn't seem as keen to learn about other areas outside 'Sales' compared to Yasmina.

I wanted Yasmina to win out of the final 2, and Debra to win out of the final 3. She may have been gobby at some points but that's just her being strong minded. Shame Margaret is leaving, she's the back bone of the show! :lol:

I was hoping for a montage at the end because we didn't see much of that lady who looked like a sad panda, that man with a beard, Paula, the sandwich shop owner and Kim really. It seemed to mainly focus around Kate & Philip.

I thought both of the chocolates were done very well, however in the future I can't see me and my girlfriend fighting over the last layer. It would be more like "You have that posh crap I'm going to get the Dairy Milk out of the fridge"

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 am    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Well done Yasmina :smt023 Looks like it'll be a good one next year as Sir Alan wants people who have been made redundant to apply....good on him.Sir Alan for Prime Minister.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:46 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Hi Lindy Lou, that does sound a grand idea. I wasn't able to see the show but will watch it on catch up soon. Couldn't avoid the papers and the result. Yasmina looked stunning in her white dress on the covers of several papers. I feel sure that Kate won't rest on her laurels and will soon be making big bucks somewhere, let's just hope she stays away from Philip as I don't think he was a good influence on her. I wouldn't be surprised if Alan Sugar wouldn't have minded hiring them both!

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!
Forum Games Moderator

Woo, Yasmina! I liked her since week 2. I'm glad she won, she was the better candidate. Not that I didn't like Kate though... they were both worthy but Yasmina seemed better.

I'll miss Margaret and her funny face expressions... No one can replace her :(

Bring on next year's Apprentice!

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:07 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

About a month ago when news broke out over Kate and Philip's love for each other I heard about Philip being prepared to move closer to Kate and this was in the North Midlands I think. From there I had a funny feeling that Kate wouldn't win but didn't say anything about it until now because I didn't want to spoil it. I once kept a deal or no deal game secret for 3 months then once it had happened then I spoke about it.
I honestly thought that Yasmina was the best person because she was prepared to take risks as well as having the other business skills and he could prove it (when she re-morgaged her mum's house but having to pay it back later).
I am not sure whether Kate's claims that she was not influenced by Philip were true or not but it's almost certain that is distracted Philip.
I did think that Kate was a great person and I am sure she will do well.

Hope that next year's will be even better, I do hope there are funny people as well as really serious ones.

granitecitybino

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:38 pm    Author: granitecitybino    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

LINDY LOU wrote:
Well done Yasmina :smt023 Looks like it'll be a good one next year as Sir Alan wants people who have been made redundant to apply....good on him.Sir Alan for Prime Minister.

If the review at work doesnt work out then maybe I will take Sir Alan up on that :smt047

BoxClever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:51 am    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I wanted Kate to win. In my opinion, the best contestant always comes second – I think Kate was better than Yasmina, Claire was better than Lee, Kristina was better than Simon, and Ruth Badger was better than Michelle. (I didn’t watch it the first year.)

But there is an element of Sir Alan wanting someone with raw talent that he can mould rather than the finished article – he certainly always says that he’s “not worried” about the second-placed candidate because he thinks they’ll do just fine without him.

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]