Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:06 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:46 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: The X Factor 2008

Warnings: 0
Love it or hate it the X Factor returns in just under a weeks time with a new (and improved?) judging panel. Including Simon Cowell (of course), Louis Walsh, Dannii Minogue and to replace Sharon Osbourne who has quit the show - Cheryl Cole.

The Xtra Factor on ITV2 has also got a new presenter after Fearne Cotton also quit the show to concentrate on other projects. This year Holly Willoughby (of Dancing On Ice fame) will be guiding us through the backstage shows and gossip.

Are you looking forward to this years X Factor with the new panel or would you rather have Sharon back. Who would you have liked to have seen replace Sharon instead of Cheryl. Has the X Factor lost its spark and become just too predictable?

Check out the X Factor Promo to catch a glimpse of what's in store.

Last edited by Michael DeVere on Wed May 06, 2009 12:12 am, edited 16 times in total.

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:07 am    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm
Permanently Banned

Well, after they rejected my audition at the first stage, I want nothing to with the show.

Ok then, I will watch :P

I don't like the idea of Cheryl Cole being on the panel though. Sharon wasn't that bad really, though her hissy fits were uncalled for- however, I originally heard that Lulu was going to be her replacement and I'd have much preferred that.

The whole format is running a tad dry now though so I hope they can change it a bit this series.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

Yeah I can't say i'm particually keen on Cheryl Cole taking over either. I'm still not that keen on Dannii. I hear there's a bit of rivalry between the two girls (well what a surprise :roll: ).

I liked Sharon, particularly when she had a drink or two. Well at least she has more time to play Gala Bingo now :P

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:43 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

Ok it's not X-Factor, but here is one of Simon Cowell's first TV appearances way back in the 90's on quiz show Sale of the Century - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-a7DYz-cs :lol:

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

Does anybody remember Emma, the really obese woman from the Manchester area? I've met her and she lives in Ramsbottom, the same town as me. Apparently she's been taking a lot of singing lessons from Carrey Grant. Hopefully she'll be a lot better this year!

redrum666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm
Permanently Banned

JoelDavies wrote:
Does anybody remember Emma, the really obese woman from the Manchester area? I've met her and she lives in Ramsbottom, the same town as me. Apparently she's been taking a lot of singing lessons from Carrey Grant. Hopefully she'll be a lot better this year!

Was she the one who had the homemade dress?

That audition was a total catastrophe and her family need a good slap for drilling the idea that she was ever going to be successful into her head- that only made the cruel rejection she suffered even harsher. Then again, Cowell needs a slap for the way he commented more on her appearance than her singing (admittedly both were dreadful but still...)

BlairM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 pm    Author: BlairM    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

mike wrote:
Ok it's not X-Factor, but here is one of Simon Cowell's first TV appearances way back in the 90's on quiz show Sale of the Century - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-a7DYz-cs :lol:

I've seen that before but it's still a classic! :-D

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 am    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

Looking forward to it. :-D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:52 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

I'll probably just watch the auditions. The one with the Old Granny that turned into the devil when Simon laughed at her daughter in law's dancing and singing was absolutely hilarious.

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

redrum666 wrote:
JoelDavies wrote:

Was she the one who had the homemade dress?

That audition was a total catastrophe and her family need a good slap for drilling the idea that she was ever going to be successful into her head- that only made the cruel rejection she suffered even harsher. Then again, Cowell needs a slap for the way he commented more on her appearance than her singing (admittedly both were dreadful but still...)

Well said :laughing

bb67

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:19 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

I love the auditions! :-D

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:42 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

cookie_monster wrote:
I'll probably just watch the auditions. The one with the Old Granny that turned into the devil when Simon laughed at her daughter in law's dancing and singing was absolutely hilarious.

Touché to that.

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:51 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

Aaron Brock wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

Touché to that.

Agree. The auditions are pretty much the only bit worth watching. I may watch some of the live shows from then, but the middle bit where everyone's with their judges is pretty boring IMO. :smt105

redrum666

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:17 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm
Permanently Banned

Well I love the live shows, especially the last 6 or 7 weeks, because we normally see some real talent (last year I was backing Rhydian and Niki all the way- though got sick of hearing about her dead dad- until the final when I suddenly thought Same Difference deserved it for being so fabulous :lol: ) but the auditions are a great laugh, if not painstakingly horrific at times.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:30 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts Saturday 16th August 7:30pm

I enjoy the auditions the most, even if they can be a little predictable. When you end up getting a life story about some auditionee and what this means to them etc...it usually means they'll get through. Then you have the obvious no-hopers that you just know won't make it through (though admittedly can be the most entertaining auditions).

I enjoy the live shows too, though again they have to keep constantly reminding you of the journey the contestant has been on. Which can get rather annoying.

Only a couple of hours to go for the new series. I wonder how many sob stories we'll see tonight? I'll wager about 3. :|

matthew17

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:41 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

I hate sob stories. Just an excuse for everyone to give you their votes when really you could be a millionaire already. :evil:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:39 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Generally, everyone on Today's show who had a sob story get through, it's a bit predictable. The person who sang Warwick Avenue and sounded like Duffy was the best IMO. Those two 'mysterious girl' lads were quite creepy!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:49 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

The Mysterious Girls lads were a bit weird.

That girl who did Warwick Avenue, no wonder she got through. And that lady who did Amy Declinehouse, I can't pick faults with her either; to admit to her wrongs in life and want to do well, hope she goes far!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:47 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

The mysterious girl lads were soooo hilarious! The main guy singing was actually not that bad it was just the other guy doing all the "Woooah! Yeah come on, woman that I love, woooah, move your body!" that made it funny.

The one who sang Amy Winehouse's You Know I'm No Good and that 16 year old, I think her name is Alex, were really good!

Jimmy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:33 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm
Global Moderator

I can't say that I'm a great fan of the new "judge". I think she'll just generally get on my nerves. I do agree with mike though, the auditions are the most enjoyable part of the show to watch, just to see people absolutely humiliate themselves on national television - and most of them don't seem to know or understand how embarassingly bad they really are!

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]